Expose on the Tea Party Architects

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #61
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Re: Expose on the Tea Party Architects

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am not involved with the tea party, I just give my feelings or thoughts. That said, I think a lot of the timing is fairly coincidental. The republican party showed itself to be a useless tool, and at the same time the democratic party started pushing their grandiose government. Thus the tea party sprouted up by people who no longer believed that the republicans wanted a limited govt and didn't trust the dems promises of salvation by govt. At the same time, those who want change, but not "revolutionary" change, leaned to vote for Obama, as his slogan said, a change you can believe in. In the end, there is a lot of discontent, but it's assuaged by economics, and if the economy gets healthy the energy behind change will die out. But, like a fire, if the embers burn long enough, and the economy stays dry, a flame may burst forth.
This. Republicans don't want small government.

They who cry for war at every instance are the antithesis of small government.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #62
12thMan
MVP

I'm loving the cannibalism going on within the Republican party.

I'm sure by now you've seen the news about the Tea Party candidate, Christine O'Donnell, beating out the favored Republican candidate in Deleware, who was a sure bet to help them win Joe Biden's old seat.
This race, along with a few others, dashed any hopes the GOP had of winning back the Senate.

I think this is good news for President Obama and Dems leading up to 2012.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #63
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post

I'm sure by now you've seen the news about the Tea Party candidate, Christine O'Donnell, beating out the favored Republican candidate in Deleware, who was a sure bet to help them win Joe Biden's old seat.
This race, along with a few others, dashed any hopes the GOP had of winning back the Senate.

Yea you guys keep saying that but you keep forgetting the tea party is also winning over the dems. If you think this will help the dems it might but we will have to see because if you look at the polls people are ticked at just about everyone in DC and that goes bad for who is in charge at the time.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #64
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:

I think its good news for Americans too. The more bona fide choices the better. Competition/alternatives/choices/ideas/ect - the more the better
Old 09-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #65
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
I think its good news for Americans too. The more bona fide choices the better. Competition/alternativses/choices/ideas/ect - the more the better
That largely depends on the choices, ideas, ect.

One thing is sure the Tea Party is dragging the GOP further to the right, and while the anger towards government and Washington is legit, Republicans and the Tea Party have yet to provide any solutions.

I got two words for you in 2012: Sara Palin.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #66
saden1
MVP

Quote:

Amazing... historically speaking a party with divisions always loses...ALL WAYS! Thank God for the Tea Party.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #67
saden1
MVP

Quote:
That largely depends on the choices, ideas, ect.

One thing is sure the Tea Party is dragging the GOP further to the right, and while the anger towards government and Washington is legit, Republicans and the Tea Party have yet to provide any solutions.

I got two words for you in 2012: Sara Palin.
I have no doubt that if she partakes she will win...and Lord Obama will have another four years to run the show. I'm crossing my fingers.

-Jenkins
Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #68
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I have no doubt that if she partakes she will win...and Lord Obama will have another four years to run the show. I'm crossing my fingers.
I don't see how she doesn't run for POTUS in 2012. If she ignores the polls, as she should, she can rally the conservative base like no other Republican and cruise to a nomination.

It's funny, here we are almost two years following the last presidential election and we have no idea about any of Sarah Palin's policy prescriptions for the country. That's scary.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #69
FRPLG
MVP

I don't get the appeal of Palin. Not at all.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #70
saden1
MVP

Quote:
I don't see how she doesn't run for POTUS in 2012. If she ignores the polls, as she should, she can rally the conservative base like no other Republican and cruise to a nomination.

It's funny, here we are almost two years following the last presidential election and we have no idea about any of Sarah Palin's policy prescriptions for the country. That's scary.
If she's a sure bet loser I don't know why anyone would bet on her but then again I don't have clue as to the inner workings of a Republican mind. Someone else could step up and trounce her...you never know, it did happen to Hillary and it could happen to Palin.

-Jenkins
Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #71
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

Its sad we are two years into Obama's Pres. and everything he has done has pretty much failed and still blaming Bush. Now he wants a new stimulus to stimulate the trillion he already stimulated. Sorry but I just don'r see Palin winning the GOP and I'm not sure she will even run.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #72
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
As an intelligent, rational, and sane person, you shouldn't understand her appeal.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
You wouldnt hit that?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #74
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Its sad we are two years into Obama's Pres. and everything he has done has much failed and still blaming Bush. Now he wants a new stimulus to stimulate the trillion he already stimulated. Sorry but I just don'r see Palin winning the GOP and I'm not sure she will even run.
You are so very wrong that I don't even know where to begin. Define failure?

Find me one economist that didn't think the stimulus worked. Not a journo or politico, but an economist. Fine me just one. Unemployment would be in the mid-teens without it, easily. The second jobs bill for small businesses that you're referring to will use untapped TARP funds, so it won't add anything to the deficit.

President Obama has created more jobs in his first two years than George W. Bush did during both of his terms. Did you know that? The stimulus has created somewhere north of 3 million jobs. Is that a failure by your definition?

Nearly all the banks have repayed the bailout money profit to the U.S. taxpayer. Is that a failure?http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/bu...1taxpayer.html

The auto industry is showing signs of growth and being profitable for the first time in years. Is that a failure?

See you and GMScud, for that matter, throw out these blanket statements; "Obama's a failure" or "Everything he's tried has failed". WTF? That's not telling me anything. And what the hell is everything??

He did what he said he was going to in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Is the economy where we want it to be - of course not. But surely you, of all people, don't believe that government can solve all problems.

As far as Palin, well, that's just my opinion of course. I think she'll run.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #75
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Find me one economist that didn't think the stimulus worked. Not a journo or politico, but an economist. Fine me just one. Unemployment would be in the mid-teens without it, easily.
Just thought I'd help FD out a bit here.

Arnold Kling, Marc De Vos,
RealClearPolitics - Obama's State Capitalism: A Failure of Modesty

Allan Meltzer - professor of economics at Carnegie Mellon
Allan Meltzer: Why Obamanomics Has Failed - WSJ.com

Peter Morici, a business professor at the University of Maryland and former chief economist at the U.S. International Trade Commission, said Mr. Obama's proposed small-business lending fund is "a drop in the bucket" compared with what is needed. With the estate tax scheduled to be reimposed at the end of this year, he said, small businesses will suffer even more.
"I can't imagine a president with a more anti-small-business agenda than Barack Obama," Mr. Morici said. "What you saw in the Rose Garden was the cynical enterprise of a cynical man. He simply doesn't believe in the private sector, and it shows in his actions." (Stephen Dinan and Kara Rowland, "'Stimulus' or not, Obama seeks new spending,'" Washington Times, 6/13/2010)

University of Chicago’s Eugene Fama and Columbia University’s Charles Calomiris
Obvious Failure of Stimulus Becomes Obvious Even To Economists - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Jeffrey Sachs
Keynesian Economist, Jeffrey Sachs Says President Obama's Stimulus has Failed | The Hinterland Gazette

Quote:
President Obama has created more jobs in his first two years than George W. Bush did during both of his terms. Did you know that?
Really? A little bit of fuzzy math I'd say. Here's the real story.

The new Democratic claim about job creation*|*KeithHennessey.com

Quote:
The stimulus has created somewhere north of 3 million jobs. Is that a failure by your definition?
Also, from the below Heritage article:
When the President first began selling his stimulus plan to the American people in November 2008, he promised it would create 2.5 million jobs. But as employment fell at the end of 2008, President-elect Obama increased his employment promise by one million to 3.5 millions jobs created. At the time, employment stood at about 134.3 million. Using these two data points, one can objectively establish the Obama jobs target for December 2010 at 137.8 million. Fast forward to July 2010 and the latest jobs report shows total U.S. employment at almost 130.5 million. This means President Obama’s stimulus has failed to meet its own standard for success by 7.4 million jobs.

Quote:
Nearly all the banks have repayed the bailout money profit to the U.S. taxpayer. Is that a failure?http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/bu...1taxpayer.html
Both Bush and Obama had a hand in TARP so this one isn't all on Obama. But, Huff Post thinks there are several failures of TARP.

Top Official, Citing TARP, Doubts Obama's Small Business Lending Plan

Small Banks STILL Struggling Despite Wall Street Bailout

TARP Global Impact: U.S. Bailout Helped Overseas Banks

Bailed-Out Banks Finance 'Legalized Loan Shark' Payday Lenders, Says New Report

Here's some more links:

Fifth TARP Bank Fails, Likely Wiping Out Taxpayer Stake - Washington Wire - WSJ

I haven't fact checked this one, but there's some interesting points here.

Why TARP Was a Taxpayer Failure But a Political Class Success

Quote:
The auto industry is showing signs of growth and being profitable for the first time in years. Is that a failure?
The GM & Chrysler bailout suceeded in saving GM and thousands of jobs, but it's certainly not a model that should be used going forward.

Quote:
He did what he said he was going to in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
Many on the left don't think so.

More U.S. Troops Killed in Afghanistan Under Obama Than Under Bush | MichaelMoore.com

Don't believe all the numbers that come out of the Administration.

Morning Bell: Why the Obama Stimulus Failed | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote