Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Another school Shooting Nevada

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #61
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is a response from a grown up to a gun thread about more children being shot and killed , amazing .
It was a direct response to your Utopian drivel. Don't try to bend my words, hippie.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #62
MTK
\m/

Re: Another school Shooting Nevada

Nice that we can have an intelligent debate.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #63
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I dont think teachers should have guns in the classroom, I dont think people should be visibly armed outside/patroling the halls either. But I would have no problem with a 1 security/resource officer certified, conceled permit to have access to a hidden firearm at a school. No problem at all with that. School budgets are tight, but if your serious about child safety and guns, then that area should have no problem with being taxed to pay for it.

But, teachers, administrators have no effing business having a gun in their desk. none

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #64
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I dont think teachers should have guns in the classroom, I dont think people should be visibly armed outside/patroling the halls either. But I would have no problem with a 1 security/resource officer certified, conceled permit to have access to a hidden firearm at a school. No problem at all with that. School budgets are tight, but if your serious about child safety and guns, then that area should have no problem with being taxed to pay for it.

But, teachers, administrators have no effing business having a gun in their desk. none
The SROs in our county are Baltimore County Police Officers. They wear their unis and their guns. Personally, I think if the constituents in a district feel funding for a SRO is too expensive they do not have their priorities right. You also bring a valid reason why many police officers are against armed teachers. First it would require all police to know who and be able to properly ID the teachers who are legally carrying so when they enter a school they don't confuse the armed teacher with a suspect. Second you would have to disclose the undercover police officers in a school to the admin and those teachers so that if an incident does occur a teacher doesn't assume they are seeing a student with a gun in the hallway.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #65
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
The SROs in our county are Baltimore County Police Officers. They wear their unis and their guns. Personally, I think if the constituents in a district feel funding for a SRO is too expensive they do not have their priorities right. You also bring a valid reason why many police officers are against armed teachers. First it would require all police to know who and be able to properly ID the teachers who are legally carrying so when they enter a school they don't confuse the armed teacher with a suspect. Second you would have to disclose the undercover police officers in a school to the admin and those teachers so that if an incident does occur a teacher doesn't assume they are seeing a student with a gun in the hallway.
The problem with having an officer in the schools is the cost and these things are so random. It would be like putting a cop in every neighborhood. I'm not saying arm all teachers I'm talking a few that may elect to carry. That's only if the local schools and PTA's decide it is best for the school. People have to remember most cops go their intire career never firing their guns and the same would be the case for these teachers. Its not like they are going Rambo though out the school all day long. They just have a gun for if and that's a big if its ever needed.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #66
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
No MP's on base? No guns in those buildings at all?
Do you know the size of a base. Three people died in Fort Hood trying to fight him off with chairs. Its also thought he chose his location based off security of the lack of security in this paticular building. I beleive the first MP that arrived was also shot but I think she lived.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #67
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Do you know the size of a base. Three people died in Fort Hood trying to fight him off with chairs. Its also thought he chose his location based off security of the lack of security in this paticular building. I beleive the first MP that arrived was also shot but I think she lived.
So bottom line there were guns on the base.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:

This makes much more sense than arming teachers.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #69
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Wasn't your argument that gunmen attack "soft" targets? There are a lot softer targets than a military base where there are, by your argument, only a few guns.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #70
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

Well you wouldn't have a teacher with a gun sitting in her desk. There is no need to pay a cerdified security guard when you could have someone that's allready in the school doing the same thing. It does not have to be a teacher it could be another school employee that gets certified.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #71
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
This makes much more sense than arming teachers.
Teachers and administrator have a tough enough job as is, and now burden them with the responsibility of a weapon and the security of their school?

Something's wrong with that picture, people need to step back and take in the whole issue.

Its great that some teacher volunteer say "hey i can do it," but those are not the teachers im worried about once the school makes a decision like this. Its the teacher there after who have no experience with a weapon, the teacher whose name is drawn out the hat to take on that responsibility, and the teacher who simply is not responsible enough to secure a weapon. These are the teachers where we hear about the next horror story.

He Gets Us
Old 10-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #72
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
So bottom line there were guns on the base.

Thanks.
There was also air craft and fighter jets. In the Fort Hood case the guy went after people in the service and went past any civilians. In DC it was the police and swat teams that came in to kill the shooter.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #73
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Teachers and administrator have a tough enough job as is, and now burden them with the responsibility of a weapon and the security of their school?

Something's wrong with that picture, people need to step back and take in the whole issue.

Its great that some teacher volunteer say "hey i can do it," but those are not the teachers im worried about once the school makes a decision like this. Its the teacher there after who have no experience with a weapon, the teacher whose name is drawn out the hat to take on that responsibility, and the teacher who simply is not responsible enough to secure a weapon. These are the teachers where we hear about the next horror story.
Yeah I mean who else should be armed using this logic? Pilots? Movie theater ushers? F it let's just have everyone strapped. Wild wild west bitches.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #74
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Yeah I mean who else should be armed using this logic? Pilots? Movie theater ushers? F it let's just have everyone strapped. Wild wild west bitches.
Hilarious! Reminds me of that time someone mentioned having an intelligent debut.

Serious question: How would you go about ridding the world of weapons?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #75
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well in this context of school and when your dealing with children, you'd think people would look harder and think longer about this than the average gun nut who just says arm everybody. But really from the gun lobby, its not surprising.

He Gets Us