Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #61
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
According to all the reports, yes. Why?
Well because I've seen people on Facebook and other sites say it was white and black

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #62
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
The evidence is out there.

If you're telling me I don't have enough evidence to form a judgment about this case then on what grounds can you the vile shit that you said about Trayvon? I just hope what happen to Trayvon doesn't happen to your little girl. I know very well if it was her that was murdered you wouldn't appreciate me coming out and saying "she isn't as innocent as they are making her out to be."
So saying someone might not be as innocent little boy they make him out to be is now vile shit? I also said I think the guy had also murdered him in the same post.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #63
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So saying someone might not be as innocent as they make him out to be is now vile shit?
Yes, especially in this instance. What is Trayvon guilty of if he isn't innocent? Walking at night? Wearing a a hoodie? Being black? Being in the wrong neighborhood? What exactly gives you the impression that he is guilty?

You guys disgust me. I'm done talking about this case.

-Jenkins
Old 03-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #64
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
So saying someone might not be as innocent little boy they make him out to be is now vile shit? I also said I think the guy had also murdered him in the same post.
Once someone gets as incoherent as saden1 has it'll be a few days before we'll get any sense out of him.

I don't think anyone has said that the shooter was right but there should be a process, not just a bunch of angry villagers carry pitchforks and baying for blood.

I'm listening to 2 Live Crew and signing along, that probably makes me a racist.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #65
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Well because I've seen people on Facebook and other sites say it was white and black
I've heard "white hispanic". Apparently he's bi-racial, (obvious by the last name Zimmerman) half white, half hispanic. Which basically means, consider how our society works.... He's Hispanic.

As I've read more into the case since I made the thread, the whole thing reeks of racial profiling. And I'm kind of happy that the family went over the head of the police department, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I especially feel awful for the kid's girlfriend, who he was on the phone with seconds before he died. That's gotta be some kinda traumatizing.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #66
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Until information comes out saying he was doing otherwise, he's innocent in my mind. I can understand if he had some awful upbringing or if people said he was some gang banging, gun-toting, thug. But by all accounts so far, he seemed to be a kid minding his own business, never provoked Zimmerman in any way and who actually was trying to go somewhere in life.

Though contrary to popular belief, not all 16-21 year old young men are some mouthy hoodlums. I dunno man, its like some of you all wanted the kid to be a heathen.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #67
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

I've listened to the call, read through a bunch of accounts of the kids' character and also the shooter and I'd say that given the additional information the shooter had an issue with what he perceived (as I far as it's been reported) as a troublemaker kid.

First and foremost it's clearly murder, second, what the police did is reprehensible beyond belief, thirdly the lack of immediate response from the locals (aside from one lady witness who made repeated attempts to clarify the situation to law enforcement and was spurned) is disgusting.

Still not sold on the race aspect, possibly because I don't want race to be an issue. I'm not racist, never have been. Can't understand why anyone is.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #68
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I have to weigh in here. I've read just about everything i can on this issue, watched it all on TV, etc.. A couple of things stand out to me...

George Zimmerman was well respected and very liked by his neighborhood. Neighbors that were going out of town for a few days would ask Zimmerman to watch out for their place, etc..

He was a good neighbor and people felt safe from his actions to lead their neighborhood watch. He called police dozens upon dozens of times over the years, leading to the police making some arrests, etc.. He would call and alert them about all kinds of things, cars driving slow and stopping in front of houses, people on foot looking in windows, etc...

I think the media has turned this into a race issue when it was apparant that the incident was not motivated by race. Zimmerman himself is hispanic.

It will be tough to prove anything in court one way or the other because witness statements contradict each other. Some say they saw Zimmerman being attacked, others say they only saw Zimmeran standing over Martin's body, offering no help, etc...

Zimmerman was injured at the time of the shooting, suffering a broken nose and a gash on the back of his head. He was injured some how, and I do not believe some of the stories where they say he injured himself.

No winner in this case, regardless of decision. Martin sadly will remain dead, either way. If Zimmerman is convicted, you'll have many people say that Florida's "Stand your ground" law doesn't protect you, etc...
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #69
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Until information comes out saying he was doing otherwise, he's innocent in my mind.
Lest we forget, under the law and until proven otherwise, so is Zimmerman.

Quote:
I can understand if he had some awful upbringing or if people said he was some gang banging, gun-toting, thug. But by all accounts so far, he seemed to be a kid minding his own business, never provoked Zimmerman in any way and who actually was trying to go somewhere in life.

Though contrary to popular belief, not all 16-21 year old young men are some mouthy hoodlums. I dunno man, its like some of you all wanted the kid to be a heathen.
See, from every thing I have read there is absolutely no evidence to indicate whether Zimmerman or Martin initiated the physical confrontation. Lots of speculation and conjecture, but no proof one way or the other.

The owner of the property where Martin was shot said he saw the two men in an physical altercation. You can believe Martin was minding his own business, but, to convict Zimmerman of murder, you need proof that he initiated the physical confrontation or shot an immobilized Martin. If there is only evidence that they were in a physical confrontation, and lacking evidence that Zimmerman disabled Martin and then shot him, I don't see evidence of murder.

It's bad all around but, unless pitchforks and mob rule are to replace due process, I don't see how you can convict, or even indict, Zimmerman for murder at this point.

People can believe what they want, race was an issue, Martin was a good kid minding his own business, but based on the facts that have actually come to light, I don't think enough evidence exists to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #70
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Until information comes out saying he was doing otherwise, he's innocent in my mind.
Lest we forget, under the law and until proven otherwise, so is Zimmerman.

Quote:
I can understand if he had some awful upbringing or if people said he was some gang banging, gun-toting, thug. But by all accounts so far, he seemed to be a kid minding his own business, never provoked Zimmerman in any way and who actually was trying to go somewhere in life.

See, from every thing I have read there is absolutely no evidence to indicate whether Zimmerman or Martin initiated the physical confrontation. Lots of speculation and conjecture, but no proof one way or the other.

The owner of the property where Martin was shot said he saw the two men in an physical altercation. You can believe Martin was minding his own business, but, to convict Zimmerman of murder, you need proof that he initiated the physical confrontation or shot an immobilized Martin. If there is only evidence that they were in a physical confrontation, and lacking evidence that Zimmerman disabled Martin and then shot him, I don't see evidence of murder.

It's bad all around but, unless pitchforks and mob rule are to replace due process, I don't see how you can convict, or even indict, Zimmerman for murder at this point.

People can believe what they want, race was an issue, Martin was a good kid minding his own business, but based on the facts that have actually come to light, I don't think enough evidence exists to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #71
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You posted the same thing twice 15 minutes apart? How does that happen? Usually a double post like that is unintentional.

Also, as much as I believe Zimmerman should be convicted of murder, if not manslaughter at the least, if there's no evidence or witness accounts proving anything than JR is right and Zimmerman will be free. It's not right but evidence is paramount, and I don't think they have any in this case.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #72
JoeRedskin

I was editing the remark and got called away. I came back (15 mins. later) and hit submit and, rather than editing the prior remark, it double posted. I probably did something wrong.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #73
los panda
Pro Bowl

has anyone seen a photo of martin at age 17? just curious. i think the most popular one w the media, w the hollister shirt, is several years old
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #74
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 03-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #75
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
has anyone seen a photo of martin at age 17? just curious. i think the most popular one w the media, w the hollister shirt, is several years old
Yes if the pics I saw were him he had gold teeth and a few tats. There was one floating around which was not real. I have to believe there is a reason there are no currents pics of him.
Closed Thread