Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #61
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Redskins Vs Eagles Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Like TheMalcolmConnection always says "You have a streak that you want broken, play the Redskins"

I was just thinking we had a 96 Yard drive against the Chargers that netted no points. What kind of shit is that?
It makes me sad that you remember that, but it rings true almost weekly. Maybe I'm just more sensitive and jaded looking for things like that, but it's a rookie having a career game, a vet in a slump getting back on track or some other crazy stat that happens. LUCKILY (and looking on the positive side of things), we've set just a few of those records the past couple of years at other people's expense.

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #62
GTripp0012
Living Legend

If we did beat Philly at Philly, it would be the single worst home loss for them in this 10+ game stretch.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #63
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

If I'm thinking of some crazy prediction this week, I'm going to say: Career long pass for Nick Foles or career long reception for Reed. I hope to God, it's not "biggest lead ever blown in NFL history." For the life of me, I don't understand how the pass rush has gotten worse. Was Haslett being more creative with the lack of Orakpo?
Old 11-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #64
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
If we did beat Philly at Philly, it would be the single worst home loss for them in this 10+ game stretch.
Now THAT'S something I'd love to deal for them. I think of that, but then I also think of the year the Lions would have broken the record for most consecutive losses. :-P
Old 11-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #65
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I don't see how Foles beats us. A lot of his throws have been lucky lol. Although, we don't really take advantage of playing anyone. So we will lose most likely.
Well, we just lost to Christian Ponder and Matt Cassell....so I assume that someone that has 16td's and 0 int's has a pretty good chance. lol.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #66
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If I'm thinking of some crazy prediction this week, I'm going to say: Career long pass for Nick Foles or career long reception for Reed. I hope to God, it's not "biggest lead ever blown in NFL history." For the life of me, I don't understand how the pass rush has gotten worse. Was Haslett being more creative with the lack of Orakpo?
Yes. Haslett stops scheming/thinking with Rak on the field. Last season we dialed up blitzes out of the secondary, sometimes sneak blitzes from a corner or overloading one side with a safety. And we tried ILB blitzes too. Seen much of this stuff so far in '13?

Really frustrating. The defense is modeled after the Steelers and in their heyday blitzes from the secondary/ILB were a staple. We never had that kind of success here but our corners/safeties/ILBs showed they could get after the QB enough to impact the game.

Just another example of how poor coaching has led to underperforming players. Kerrigan/Orakpo aren't premier pass rushers, but if used as part of a whole scheme they could be special. Instead Haslett just hopes these two guys break out every game to give us a pass rush.

I can't talk about this crap without getting pissed off.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #67
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
It makes me sad that you remember that, but it rings true almost weekly. Maybe I'm just more sensitive and jaded looking for things like that, but it's a rookie having a career game, a vet in a slump getting back on track or some other crazy stat that happens. LUCKILY (and looking on the positive side of things), we've set just a few of those records the past couple of years at other people's expense.
I notice it too, if ir isnt the Chargers blocking a kick for the first time im ten years, it is the Lions first win in 19 games, and if it isnt that it is Boomer Esiason setting a career high, orichael Vick on Monday night, or Devin Hesters punt return, or Larry Fitz never scoring on d hall until that game in 2011, for the life of me I dont see how WE didnt give up the Bucs first kickoff return TD

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #68
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I'm pretty sure I'll never see a Redskins Super Bowl in my lifetime. And yeahhh I know they won in the 90's but I was like 6, I couldn't enjoy that! I mean I could've but I was a 6 year old girl, I didn't care then. lol
I was one!

Edit: I forgot giving up the longest PR in Titans history, Jake Delhomme juking out DeAngelo Hall, the Kareem Moore Int/fumble TD against the Saints.

Or the Fact that almost every kicker that leaves us after starting his career here ends up being a borderline gem elsewhere

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #69
calia
Playmaker

What's crazy to me is that I have no idea who is going to show up on Sunday? I wouldn't be shocked if we got the snot stomped out of us. And I also wouldn't be shocked if we won a close one. (I would be surprised, although not shocked, if we won with comfort; we can score points, after all, and even very good teams have bad offensive days where things don't click -- sadly, rarely agaist us. Look at last week's Broncos win over the Chargers.)

Whether we win some games from here on out or not, what I want to see is some heart from this team. Let's see who really wants to play and digs deep. I think the last few weeks the team that wanted it more won (which happens when talent isn't too far apart) -- plain and simple. We gutted it out against San Diego, and the Vikings never gave up and kept coming at us and pulled it out.

So, let's see Redskins. How badly do you want it? Philly ain't so great that you cannot win. So get it done.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #70
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
What's crazy to me is that I have no idea who is going to show up on Sunday? I wouldn't be shocked if we got the snot stomped out of us. And I also wouldn't be shocked if we won a close one. (I would be surprised, although not shocked, if we won with comfort; we can score points, after all, and even very good teams have bad offensive days where things don't click -- sadly, rarely agaist us. Look at last week's Broncos win over the Chargers.)

Whether we win some games from here on out or not, what I want to see is some heart from this team. Let's see who really wants to play and digs deep. I think the last few weeks the team that wanted it more won (which happens when talent isn't too far apart) -- plain and simple. We gutted it out against San Diego, and the Vikings never gave up and kept coming at us and pulled it out.

So, let's see Redskins. How badly do you want it? Philly ain't so great that you cannot win. So get it done.
Yep,what we really need is Shanny to say its time to start evaluating players!

Shanahan admitted in his post-game press conference that the Redskins’ goals are in the future, not this season.

“Now you’re playing to see who obviously is going to be on your football team for years to come,” Shanahan said, via the Washington Post. “Now we get a chance to evaluate players and see where we’re at.

“Obviously, we’re not out of it statistically, but now we find out what type of character we’ve got and how guys keep on fighting through the rest of the season.”
Old 11-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #71
calia
Playmaker

Exactly. Don't get me wrong -- we surely have the capacity to get schooled by Philly. But no one should be looking at this game with dread. (The Niners game, that maybe a different story.)

But whether we're playing for this season or the next, you have to hit your NFC East foes in the mouth whenver you have the chance.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #72
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I think at this point we have to be playing for next year. The players can say what they want, but i think even they know that the odds are slim that they can run the tables and sneak in the playoffs again.

Our defense almost assures us a loss everytime we step on the field. We consistently give up 30 or more points. You just can't do that in this league and win football games.

If we win, the final score would likely be Redskins 45, Eagles 42.....

Things could be scary bad. Foles might throw 5 or 6 TD's, McCoy runs for a few more, Foles might rush for a couple....
Old 11-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #73
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I think at this point we have to be playing for next year. The players can say what they want, but i think even they know that the odds are slim that they can run the tables and sneak in the playoffs again.

Our defense almost assures us a loss everytime we step on the field. We consistently give up 30 or more points. You just can't do that in this league and win football games.

If we win, the final score would likely be Redskins 45, Eagles 42.....

Things could be scary bad. Foles might throw 5 or 6 TD's, McCoy runs for a few more, Foles might rush for a couple....
Before we annoint Foles the next Peyton, he's going to need to produce consistently over better teams than the Raiders and the Rodgers-less Packers (which, notably, we did not have to play). But we will have to play better D than we have in many weeks if we're going to keep them under 30, and I think we will need to do that to win. A shootout favors the home team.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #74
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Before we annoint Foles the next Peyton, he's going to need to produce consistently over better teams than the Raiders and the Rodgers-less Packers (which, notably, we did not have to play). But we will have to play better D than we have in many weeks if we're going to keep them under 30, and I think we will need to do that to win. A shootout favors the home team.
I agree with you, that's a great post. But even if Foles puts up pedestrian-esque numbers, and doesn't commit too many turnovers, the eagles are still capable of hurting us. We can't stop the run, or the pass. We always blow a lead. We have poor coaching on both sides of the ball.

We could be in for a long day against Philly
Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #75
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
London Fletcher needs to be either benched or cut at this point. With 1 tackle last week and another prime RB coming up on the schedule, I don't see good things. It burns me up we re-signed a old ass vet when there were cheaper and better options out there.
Really not trying to challenge you because I bet you, Matty, SS, etc. could list alternatives to resigning Fletch, I'm just curious. Who could we have gotten?
Closed Thread