Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ganther likely to start vs Oakland and other notes from Sherm Smith interview

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #61
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: Ganther likely to start vs Oakland and other notes from Sherm Smith interview

Rock seems like he's starting to run out the clock: washingtonpost.com
"Me, personally, I've been here for eight years, and I really enjoy it here," Cartwright said. "But at the same time, I think my time might be up here. So all I can do is go out and try to build a good résumé. That's by putting good stuff on film. That's all I'm going to try to do, and we'll see what happens."

I'm not trying to pick on the man, but if certain other players said that, they would be ripped to pieces around here.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #62
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Ganther likely to start vs Oakland and other notes from Sherm Smith interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
"Me, personally, I've been here for eight years, and I really enjoy it here," Cartwright said. "But at the same time, I think my time might be up here. So all I can do is go out and try to build a good résumé. That's by putting good stuff on film. That's all I'm going to try to do, and we'll see what happens."

I'm not trying to pick on the man, but if certain other players said that, they would be ripped to pieces around here.
Seems like Rock always feels slighted about something. Yet he still goes out and gives 100%.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #63
mlmdub130
Playmaker

according to wiki rock played fullback in college, any chance thats right

Cartwright played college football at Kansas State University at the fullback position

Rock Cartwright - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #64
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Seems like Rock always feels slighted about something. Yet he still goes out and gives 100%.
Yeah, I agree.. I can't quarrel with the effort he gives on the field, I'm a little tired of his whining though.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Old 12-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #65
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah, I agree.. I can't quarrel with the effort he gives on the field, I'm a little tired of his whining though.
If you were in Rock's shoes you would be pissed too.
Rock gets the hard carries against the teams that have good run defenses.
When we face the one of the worst run defenses in the league Ganther gets the nod.
I hope both backs plays well.
If Rock gets his share of carries he's going to produce.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #66
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
If you were in Rock's shoes you would be pissed too.
Rock gets the hard carries against the teams that have good run defenses.
When we face the one of the worst run defenses in the league Ganther gets the nod.
I hope both backs plays well.
If Rock gets his share of carries he's going to produce.
IF his game was as good as his talk then some coach (Spurrier, Gibbs, Zorn) would have given him the chance to show it. He is what he is, know your limitations and excel within them.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #67
dmek25
MVP

the one game where he got his chance, a couple of seasons ago. the skins vs. the rams in St. Louis. he had a helluva game. and that was the end of it. back to the bench
Old 12-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #68
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

Someone should post this id really like to know....Who was the best offseason Or mid-season pickup for the skins this year???????

OT Levi Brown??? The Offense and JC would probably say yes...
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:03 AM   #69
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:

a little more from that article:

"I got one year left on my deal," he said. "I'm supposed to make a decent amount of money [$1.5 million in 2010]. Will they want to pay it? Probably not. They didn't want to pay my roster bonus early on in the year for $200,000. They wanted to get rid of me because of that. There's a lot of stuff that you have to take into consideration. Ultimately, I can't control it, so I'm not going to worry about it.

"Nobody knows what the future holds, but all you can continue to do is just go out and do what you can do to let people know that you want to be here. Ultimately, it's not up to you. . . . Hopefully, everybody's here after the season, but if not, you just got to continue to move forward and go somewhere else where you might be appreciated a little bit more."
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:06 AM   #70
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
Someone should post this id really like to know....Who was the best offseason Or mid-season pickup for the skins this year???????

Levi Jones*

his game against the Eagles was horrible though
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #71
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post

Do draft picks count? Because then I'd have to say Brian Orakpo. Although, you can't deny Hunter's skills even with a bad groin all year
Old 12-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #72
dmek25
MVP

12/04 @ STL W 24-9 9 118 13.1 52 0 long
i guess that was longer ago then i thought. stats from 2005 Rams game