Official 2011 College Football Thread

Other Sports

Old 09-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #61
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Official 2011 College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Man what's going on with Maryland today? Down 21-0 at home and it's still the first quarter. Temple just looks faster and more prepared today. Not a good showing so far, but I like the unis!
Worst in the NCAA.....their on field performance ain't much better.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #62
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Worst in the NCAA.....their on field performance ain't much better.
Yes. Although this week's versions were an improvement, I think Maryland seeks an ugliest uniform national championship.

And getting spanked by Temple? Really?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #63
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
ACC may be picking up Pittsburg and Syracuse. I think its a great move and I like the ACC being proactive with all the change in the middle of the country. Heard that if Syracuse and Pittsburg are accepted, ACC wouldnt stop there and would look to add 2 more schools. Apparently 10 schools have contacted the ACC about joining over the last several weeks. Glad to see the ACC is not one of the conferences (Big 12, Big East) that is seen as weak and would easy fold or have teams move out.
I like those moves too. The ACC has been lacking credibility lately with their penchant for not showing up in big games, which VT has definitely contributed to, and it's a good thing for them that Pitt n 'cuse wanna join. The ACC is one of the best conferences basketball wise and this will make it stronger.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #64
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Sitting here watching college gameday- I feel bad for all the Mountaineer fans. So optimistic. LSU is gonna go into their backyard and stomp their behinds. My SEC is as dominant as ever. Again.
dude i was thinkin the same thing all day sat, gotta give it to the moutaineers though, by far the best game day turn out i have ever seen. and wvu put up a decent fight if you watched the game. it got out of hand but wvu fought their way back in only to have lsu run that damn kick back. i knew going in wvu only had about a 40% chance at best of winning, i think lsu might be the best team in the country right now and they are using their back up qb. wvu has a solid group of kids they are just taking time to adjust to the system and if we can ever establish a running game we'll be doing a lot better. overall great game imo, and if i'm the mad hatter i'm figurin out how geno threw for almost 500 yards, cause that can't happen again.

and lsu isn't even in your division, are you just claiming all the sec as "my sec" now? this mod shit is going to your head man

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #65
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I like those moves too. The ACC has been lacking credibility lately with their penchant for not showing up in big games, which VT has definitely contributed to, and it's a good thing for them that Pitt n 'cuse wanna join. The ACC is one of the best conferences basketball wise and this will make it stronger.
conference realignment is whack, unless they are gonna blow the whole busted ass system up no need to f with it, i think that what is goin on now is out of control and stupid. it's mass confusion going on right now with teams running around trying to find a home. the only good that could come of this would be an end to the bcs, otherwise leave it alone

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #66
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
conference realignment is whack, unless they are gonna blow the whole busted ass system up no need to f with it, i think that what is goin on now is out of control and stupid. it's mass confusion going on right now with teams running around trying to find a home. the only good that could come of this would be an end to the bcs, otherwise leave it alone
If this is one more step towards accomplishing that goal I'm all for it. The system is busted (I agree), and if all this realignment talk pans out and it creates ultra-competitive divisions/conferences then that's better for us. It is confusing and everything but it's not like the old alignment was working.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #67
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
dude i was thinkin the same thing all day sat, gotta give it to the moutaineers though, by far the best game day turn out i have ever seen. and wvu put up a decent fight if you watched the game. it got out of hand but wvu fought their way back in only to have lsu run that damn kick back. i knew going in wvu only had about a 40% chance at best of winning, i think lsu might be the best team in the country right now and they are using their back up qb. wvu has a solid group of kids they are just taking time to adjust to the system and if we can ever establish a running game we'll be doing a lot better. overall great game imo, and if i'm the mad hatter i'm figurin out how geno threw for almost 500 yards, cause that can't happen again.

and lsu isn't even in your division, are you just claiming all the sec as "my sec" now? this mod shit is going to your head man
Notice the smiley face after what I said? I know how annoyed people on here get with my SEC dominance talk (the truth is a bitch sometimes) so I kinda like to fan the flames whenever I can.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #68
GMScud
Swearinger

My Gators are front and center on ESPN.com right now. Back to back games against #3 Alabama and #1 LSU upcoming. Set to alter the national landscape baby! Let's go!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #69
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

That's Cold, Fridge....The Fridge is Chillin'....The Fridge Freezes Out Maryland Memories....

Ralph Friedgen "flying a Georgia Tech flag right now" - Washington Times
Old 10-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

What a finisht to Wisconsin vs. MSU tonight!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #71
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Yeah that was crazy. I saw it was tied and headed towards ot with just a few seconds left in the fourth, so I switched it over to espn just in time to catch the hail Mary. What an epic finish.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 AM   #72
Big C
Mr. Brightside

the wisconsin v michigan state game has to be one of the craziest games ive ever seen. wisconsin goes up 14-0 early, it looks like its going to be a blowout as sparty hadnt been good on offense all year, but what a comeback. michigan state gets a safety, a blocked field goal, and a blocked punt for a touchdown (has that ever happened in the same game for one team?). sparty goes up by 2 touchdowns with about 8 minutes left. wisconsin ties it up with 1:00 and some change left. cousins fumbles and sparty barely recovers it, they end up getting a first down. with 4 seconds left they throw a hail mary which is batted back into the arms of a sparty player who is not in the endzone and is tackled at the inch line. they review it and say he got in. seriously, what an insane game.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I heard alot bad stuff comin out College Park Md about problems in the locker room...anybody know whats up? UVA is whipping their ass right now too, wow.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #74
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I heard alot bad stuff comin out College Park Md about problems in the locker room...anybody know whats up? UVA is whipping their ass right now too, wow.
I hear all the players basically hate Randy Edsall. And what the hell did he do to O'Brien? From ACC offensive freshman of the year to barely a starter.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #75
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Wahoo wa for the bowl eligible Hoos.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote