Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-29-2022, 10:47 PM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

This draft is rich with guys you can plug-n-play at MLB. Yes, there will be growing pains, but EVERY rookie has those. Get one of those and leave Davis and Holcomb where they play the best.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:56 PM   #2
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This draft is rich with guys you can plug-n-play at MLB. Yes, there will be growing pains, but EVERY rookie has those. Get one of those and leave Davis and Holcomb where they play the best.
Not knowing much about college football I'll have to trust you on that.
But I get the feeling MLB may be the hardest defensive position to learn in the NFL, you're making the calls, you have to know all other 10 players's assignment, and read both an NFL passing offense and an NFL run blocking scheme.
I also feel like you never want to be in a position to have to reach, and to me with no pre draft signing this is such a need that they would almost have to, unless they are in continuous contact with available FA MLBs interested to sign here after the draft...

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 03-29-2022 at 11:27 PM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 12:00 AM   #3
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
But I get the feeling MLB may be the hardest defensive position to learn in the NFL, you're making the calls, you have to know all other 10 players's assignment, and read both an NFL passing offense and an NFL run blocking scheme.
I also feel like you never want to be in a position to have to reach, and to me with no pre draft signing this is such a need that they would almost have to, unless they are in continuous contact with available FA MLBs interested to sign here after the draft...
I'm no college expert myself unless they played for FSU. Even then, I'm still no expert, but have a better chance of being right.

But, they (LB prospects) all might suck, because college isn't the pro's. But there definitely is a lot of potential to find a starting MLB in the top half of the draft imo.

I'd rather pick a MLB in the 1st 4 rounds and hope he is a baller, than move Holcomb to MLB, where I don't think he plays the best.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:33 AM   #4
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
The fan experience for football is fun, but the games are brutal to watch the talent differential even in conference is usually extreme.

Watching a typical BCS is like watching a grand prix between a Ferrari Modena and Renault Avantime. When a BCS team plays FCS team forget it that Ferrari might as well be racing a Vespa Primavera
Old 03-30-2022, 08:18 AM   #5
njant
Special Teams

if we move or keep holcomb at MLB that,s fine but we still need another startling LB b/c there isn,t any on team right now
njant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:32 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Thing is with Jamin Davis, he was never advertised as a plug and play guy. We knew he was going to be a project simply based on his lack of experience coming out of college. Couple that with tossing him into the deep end having to learn MLB and that's a tough ask for any rookie. We shouldn't shy away from taking a rookie MLB based on what we've seen from JD.
Old 03-30-2022, 11:39 AM   #7
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thing is with Jamin Davis, he was never advertised as a plug and play guy. We knew he was going to be a project simply based on his lack of experience coming out of college. Couple that with tossing him into the deep end having to learn MLB and that's a tough ask for any rookie. We shouldn't shy away from taking a rookie MLB based on what we've seen from JD.
Agreed. Jamin started for 1 year plus.

Lloyd is a 3 year starter, Dean 2 years.

I might be a bit jaded re rookie MLB due to Jamin Davis experience. Who can still be a baller, physical traits are there.

100% not giving up on Davis.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:45 AM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Agreed. Jamin started for 1 year plus.

Lloyd is a 3 year starter, Dean 2 years.

I might be a bit jaded re rookie MLB due to Jamin Davis experience. Who can still be a baller, physical traits are there.

100% not giving up on Davis.
+1

JD was obviously not ready for MLB, but I hope settling in on the weak side this year playing with someone who has experience at MLB - guessing it's gonna be through the draft unless we get a late FA signing will help. But we obviously still gotta do something at MLB.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:15 PM   #9
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I don't think it was JD fault, just a massive oversight by the FO to expect him to come into a position after 1 year of college and to make the calls for an NFL D, rather than bringing in an established veteran and letting JD learn at WLB. One of the keys to this team winning is having a good defence and that starts with the MLB making adjustments and alignments. Using another pick on a MLB this years means at best he will be on a learning curve for the first half of the season.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 01:53 PM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

YOOO These are FIRE
Old 03-30-2022, 02:18 PM   #11
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
YOOO These are FIRE
Is that image 20,000 x 10,000? My computer almost caught fire trying to process that one lol.

I like the helmets, the rest could be improved imo. Put a stripe on the pant legs.
Old 03-30-2022, 02:27 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Yeah, pants or socks need stripes
Old 03-30-2022, 05:05 PM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Those legit are a top 10 uniform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2022, 10:25 PM   #14
skinsfan69
Living Legend

There is nothing good about the white uniforms. Absolutely nothing. It's boring, bland and the colors on the numbers don't match the helmet. It's a practice jersey at best.

I was listening to Sheehans podcast and he was talking about the situation w/ the stadium. Md and DC area basically out cause they're not offering any tax money. Va lowered theirs from a billion to 350 million because they're basically bidding against themselves. A Va senator mentioned that the franchise is basically dead.

So Sheehan basically said these are the exact scenarios that made the Chargers move to LA and the Browns becoming the Ravens.

I doubt Snyder would do it but if he got a deal in lets say St Louis and left and we got a new team I would be all for it. He mentioned the new team would be called Warriors and that would be the end of Dan and the Commanders.

Obviously very far fetched but I would be so damn happy if that happened.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:54 PM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
There is nothing good about the white uniforms. Absolutely nothing. It's boring, bland and the colors on the numbers don't match the helmet. It's a practice jersey at best.

I was listening to Sheehans podcast and he was talking about the situation w/ the stadium. Md and DC area basically out cause they're not offering any tax money. Va lowered theirs from a billion to 350 million because they're basically bidding against themselves. A Va senator mentioned that the franchise is basically dead.

So Sheehan basically said these are the exact scenarios that made the Chargers move to LA and the Browns becoming the Ravens.

I doubt Snyder would do it but if he got a deal in lets say St Louis and left and we got a new team I would be all for it. He mentioned the new team would be called Warriors and that would be the end of Dan and the Commanders.

Obviously very far fetched but I would be so damn happy if that happened.
+1

White on white is boring. The only half decent thing about that is the helmet, and even the W is boring.