Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-11-2022, 12:29 PM   #661
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

The double speak for this should be fun.

https://news.yahoo.com/audio-tapes-l...060213231.html

INSIDER
New audiotapes have leaked of Sen. Lindsey Graham saying that Trump 'went too far' and 'plays the TV game,' while calling Biden the 'best person to have' post-January 6

Lindsey Graham
Lindsey Graham

Donald Trump
Donald Trump

Joe Biden
Joe Biden
Scroll back up to restore default view.
INSIDER
New audiotapes have leaked of Sen. Lindsey Graham saying that Trump 'went too far' and 'plays the TV game,' while calling Biden the 'best person to have' post-January 6
Cheryl Teh
Wed, May 11, 2022, 2:02 AM
In this article:

Sen. Lindsey Graham was heard in new audiotapes criticizing former President Donald Trump after the Capitol riot, saying Trump was playing "the TV game" and going "too far."Getty Images
New audio has leaked of Sen. Lindsey Graham revealing his feelings about Biden and Trump.

Graham is heard saying he thinks Biden is the "best person" to have after the Capitol riot.

Graham also criticizes Trump in another tape, saying he "plays the TV game" and "went too far."

New audiotapes have surfaced of Sen. Lindsey Graham, a known Trump ally, criticizing Trump and praising Biden after the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

The tapes were played on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" during an interview segment with New York Times reporters Alex Burns and Jonathan Martin. Martin interviewed Graham on January 6 directly after the riot, and the senator spoke candidly about then-President-elect Joe Biden and the former president, Trump.

In the first audio clip, Graham said he thought everyone would "come out of this stronger."

"Moments like this reset. People will calm down. People will say, 'I don't want to be associated with that,'" Graham said. "This is a group within a group. What this does, there will be a rallying effect for a while, (then) the country says, 'We're better than this.'"

He was then asked if Biden would help make that happen, to which Graham said: "Totally."

"He'll maybe be the best person to have," Graham is heard saying. "I mean, how mad can you get at Joe Biden?"

In a second audiotape played on CNN, Graham is heard saying in an interview after the riot that he thought Trump "misjudged the passion," criticizing the former president's actions.

"He plays the TV game and he went too far here," Graham said. "That rally didn't help, talking about primarying Liz (Cheney.) He created a sense of revenge."

Graham was likely referring to a part of Trump's speech at the Ellipse on January 6, 2021, when Trump suggested that his supporters "primary the hell" out of those who do not fight to overturn the election.

Graham is known to be a staunch ally of the former president. However, Graham may have had a more complicated view of Trump. In Burns and Martin's new book, "This Will Not Pass," they claim that Graham threatened to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office during the Capitol riot. Trump later mocked Graham, calling him a "progressive senator from South Carolina" during a March fundraising dinner at Mar-a-Lago.

Advertisements
Old 05-11-2022, 12:32 PM   #662
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

G1, why don’t you start a trump thread? Seriously, just dump all those yahoo articles there

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:35 PM   #663
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
G1, why don’t you start a trump thread? Seriously, just dump all those yahoo articles there
Because you dump your stupid shit here!
Old 05-11-2022, 12:36 PM   #664
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://news.yahoo.com/jim-cramer-sa...213000512.html

The S&P 500 is down 10% over the past month alone.

According to CNBC’s Jim Cramer, the recent plunge in stocks reflects a lack of investor confidence in the Federal Reserve. He says these investors believe that the Fed has lost control or is helpless to fix things given the state of the global supply chain.

But Cramer remains bullish — particularly on Fed Chairman Jerome Powell. “I think the consumer is strong. Jobs are plentiful,” he says. “Leaving the market is a mistake because Powell happens to be an incredibly thoughtful, good public servant who’s doing amazing.”
Old 05-11-2022, 12:53 PM   #665
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
we get it you refuse to acknowledge the real facts and bury your head, cool. That's the thing Biden is trying get us less dependent on Oil and you and others are crucifying him for it.
Being less dependent on oil, and being dependent on other nations for the things we need - such as oil, are not the same thing.

When exactly did I crucify Biden for supposedly trying to get us less dependent on oil?

You just continue to make shit up as you go don't you?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:07 PM   #666
nonniey
The Starter

I see the mainstream media are again carrying the water for the Dems. Today the Dems tried to pass a bill that they said, and the media then echoed, would codify Roe vs Wade when in reality it would have thrown out Roe vs Wade as much as a Supreme Court overruling of that decision would. Collins, Murkowski and Manchin tried to submit a bill that would have codified Roe v Wade but is was rejected by the Dems. (Sen Blumenthal was asked a couple of days ago about the two choices - his answer was why go with the less progressive bill when neither was going to pass anyway). Essentially if the Dems had their way they would have forced the equivalent of Vermont's and Maryland's laws on the entire country (ie no restrictions permitted at all at anytime during pregnancy - which throws out the Roe Vs Wade allowance for some restrictions (which had a major loophole anyway) after 24 weeks).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:31 AM   #667
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I see the mainstream media are again carrying the water for the Dems. Today the Dems tried to pass a bill that they said, and the media then echoed, would codify Roe vs Wade when in reality it would have thrown out Roe vs Wade as much as a Supreme Court overruling of that decision would. Collins, Murkowski and Manchin tried to submit a bill that would have codified Roe v Wade but is was rejected by the Dems. (Sen Blumenthal was asked a couple of days ago about the two choices - his answer was why go with the less progressive bill when neither was going to pass anyway). Essentially if the Dems had their way they would have forced the equivalent of Vermont's and Maryland's laws on the entire country (ie no restrictions permitted at all at anytime during pregnancy - which throws out the Roe Vs Wade allowance for some restrictions (which had a major loophole anyway) after 24 weeks).
Still would have guaranteed the Women's right to choose, which happens to be the argument . Now you blame MSM for informing the Country about actual goings on, don't look now but your bias agenda is showing. They voted on these Bills to get on record who stood for what so voters will know , Dems knew it wouldn't pass. Smart move actually.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:41 AM   #668
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Being less dependent on oil, and being dependent on other nations for the things we need - such as oil, are not the same thing.

When exactly did I crucify Biden for supposedly trying to get us less dependent on oil?

You just continue to make shit up as you go don't you?

Chief X"
Anyway, you can blame Biden, the Squad, and all the other idiots that are just fine with America (and our allies) being dependent on other nations - including our enemies - for the things we need, such as oil."
Old 05-12-2022, 10:01 AM   #669
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Chief X"
Anyway, you can blame Biden, the Squad, and all the other idiots that are just fine with America (and our allies) being dependent on other nations - including our enemies - for the things we need, such as oil."

Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #670
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Because you dump your stupid shit here!

Seriously just leave Chico’s God out of this. He is ancient history and has nothing to do with anything. Everything is Bidens fault. G-1 it is better for your mental health if you leave him alone to rewrite history in peace.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:11 AM   #671
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post

You must have seen or heard one thing and bolted to your keyboard to blame the media (trump n chico applaud you). I heard CNN talk about everything you are saying just yesterday. But hey lets get back to demonizing the leakers and the media. Jesus Christ.

And essentially if the Republicans (aka the Trumpers now because let’s face it he is in charge of your party) were in charge they would go Greg Abbott on the entire country. But please continue talking about how the left is partisan. Lol.

Nonn would like everyone to know that the left are extremists and the right is just trying to be fair.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:18 AM   #672
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
As long as G1 has something to say about it, there will be absolutely no accountability for Democrats here. He won't stand for it.

When was the last time you held Republicans over the coals SD?? Just wondering. Calling Trump an idiot doesn’t count, because the last time I checked every single Republican politician is in lock step with him for fear of being outed. So you would have to call them all idiots and cowards for not speaking up.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:56 AM   #673
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
When was the last time you held Republicans over the coals SD?? Just wondering. Calling Trump an idiot doesn’t count, because the last time I checked every single Republican politician is in lock step with him for fear of being outed. So you would have to call them all idiots and cowards for not speaking up.
Do I actively go out and find things I disagree with them on and post them myself? No. But I think I've been pretty clear how I feel about a majority of the republican party. I mean I will always be closer to a republican than a democrat, because the democratic party offers absolutely nothing I agree with. It's not because I agree with them on a majority of issues. It's just by default because I agree with the democratic platform on 0 issues.

But if you or anyone posts something negative that you think republicans are doing, I will take a look at it, and if I agree, I will say so. I don't always agree, but if I do, I say as such.

I'm not going to go back and look for the last one because it won't make any difference and that doesn't sound like a fun endeavor lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:20 AM   #674
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Fair enough. Just that G-1 gets a lot of grief for not calling out Dems, but he isn’t calling out his own party either. He is calling out Trump, who is as relevant as he ever was and has everything to do with whats going on on the right side of the aisle today. Imo he is responsible for 99.999 percent of the arguments, and division we see today. So when Chico who is silent about anything Trump does that is dumb (which is a lot) tries to blame Biden for shit…well imo G-1 has every right to throw Trump back in his face.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:43 AM   #675
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Fair enough. Just that G-1 gets a lot of grief for not calling out Dems, but he isn’t calling out his own party either. He is calling out Trump, who is as relevant as he ever was and has everything to do with whats going on on the right side of the aisle today. Imo he is responsible for 99.999 percent of the arguments, and division we see today. So when Chico who is silent about anything Trump does that is dumb (which is a lot) tries to blame Biden for shit…well imo G-1 has every right to throw Trump back in his face.
Democrats have the Presidency and control both houses in Congress.

Democrats are 100% responsible for all the problems in this country and their policy decisions have lead directly to these outcomes.

Try all you want to “what about Trump”, he has zero impact and no say/control what’s going on in the country.

Pathetic

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote