Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 10-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #646
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Wow. What a kick ass trailer. I've got to see that.
sorry to double post but this trailer is the movie. the only parts where they try to scare you are in this trailer. the sheets going up in the bed and the thing coming at the camera are the only two parts that i guess i was supposed to be scared, the rest is lights going on and off and a door opening and closing.

Advertisements
Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #647
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I'm in the midst of my annual "The Week Of Halloween Horror Flick Fest" now. I used to watch horror movies all the time but not so much now.

Watched The Exorcist for about the 10,000th time this weekend. What a classic! Nothing like watching it at home alone, in the dark, while drinking some Saranac Pumpkin Ale. That movie still creeps me out.

Then on Saturday I went over to my sisters and watched The Haunting in Connecticut, which was not the greatest unless you like random creepy images and lots of pop-up scares. The funniest part about it to me was that I've seen specials on The Discovery Channel about the house that inspired it and they were creepier than the movie itself.
We also watched The Strangers, which was a little better than I expected. It was one of those movies that can cause your imagination to get the best of you because I guess it could really happen. It also claims to be based on a true story but I usually don't put too much stock into that.

Any, I really want to see Paranormal Activity but I don't know if I'll get the chance before this weekend.
You ever pick up on some of the hidden images placed throughout the movie? Some are pretty obvious, but a lot aren't unless you go frame by frame in some parts.

Great movie, still gives me goosebumps when watching it.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #648
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
You ever pick up on some of the hidden images placed throughout the movie? Some are pretty obvious, but a lot aren't unless you go frame by frame in some parts.

Great movie, still gives me goosebumps when watching it.
Yeah, I noticed one that I had never caught before.

SPOILER if you haven't seen this 30 year old movie

Right before Fr. Damien jumps out of the window after he lets the demon possess him there is a flash of his mother's face on the window. As many times as I've seen the movie I don't think I ever noticed that before.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #649
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Yeah, I noticed one that I had never caught before.

SPOILER if you haven't seen this 30 year old movie

Right before Fr. Damien jumps out of the window after he lets the demon possess him there is a flash of his mother's face on the window. As many times as I've seen the movie I don't think I ever noticed that before.
yeah that's one you need to pause to see

There's one that always creeps the heck outta me, I forget which part exactly but you can see the outline of a demon standing in the shadows behind a door.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #650
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I LOVE horror films and this is the best time of the year to watch them. AMC has their horror feast run this week.

Check out Trick r Treat pretty good flick, didn't really scary the crap out of me but it also didn't make me want to throw up. Now a days horror is just about how gross can we be. I love a horror film that has a good pilot line as well not just gore. I also like to go back and re-visit older horror films and watch the begining of them when things are all still nice and think wow you guys are really in for it!

I still need to pick out my film for Sat., any suggestions? I may re-visit Polgertist.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #651
mredskins
Gamebreaker

This is one of the scarest scenes to me in movie history. No gore was needed either.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #652
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Here is another hidden messed up scene from horror. This scene never really scaried me but sure as hell makes you say WTF??????????

Old 10-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #653
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
lol man my girl dragged me to go see paranormal this weekend. it sucked, by far the worst movie ive seen in years.

the whole movie theater was laughing at the movie. it was funny as hell. at the end half the movie theater booed.

just a bunch of "did you hear that?" or the occasional door closing by itself stuff.

to each his own, but i found the movie to be a total waste of time and money. the only good part was the bottle of wine i was enjoying.

go skins!!
To each his own is right, it's totally raking in the cash though. I think it's number one at the box office.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #654
mredskins
Gamebreaker

^ IT sounds a lot like Blair Witch and yes the first time I saw it I was pretty spooked but now it just seems dumb.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #655
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

The Exorcist is a classic. Had the chance to meet Linda Blair once many years ago...I kept waiting for her to spin her head around and spew out green vomit.

And it's always fun to check out the Exorcist Steps in Georgetown. But maybe it's because I'm familiar with the settings for The Exorcist (Georgetown) and Blair Witch (Seneca Creek) that it's hard for me to get too scared about when I watch those movies. I mean they scare me but they don't stay with me.

Poltergeist and The Ring on the other hand creeped me out and stayed with me.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #656
12thMan
MVP

The Exocist is easily the scariest movie of all time for me. The Ring is not too far behind.

I remember watching The Ring in the middle of the day and the phone rang! I almost leaped out of my damn skin.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #657
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
yeah that's one you need to pause to see

There's one that always creeps the heck outta me, I forget which part exactly but you can see the outline of a demon standing in the shadows behind a door.
Creepiest moment in the movies ever for me. It's just a flash and you only see it for a second, but in that split second it as if all that is evil is grinning victoriously at you.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #658
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
And it's always fun to check out the Exorcist Steps in Georgetown. But maybe it's because I'm familiar with the settings for The Exorcist (Georgetown) and Blair Witch (Seneca Creek) that it's hard for me to get too scared about when I watch those movies. I mean they scare me but they don't stay with me.

Poltergeist and The Ring on the other hand creeped me out and stayed with me.
It took me a few hours to shake off Blair Witch because of the familiarity of it...knowing those spots and the roads they were on.

There aren't too many scary movies that get me. The only one I can think of that haven't been named was The Grudge (2004 Remake), but then I watched the extras and saw how they made the effects (Little to no CGI if I remember).

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:51 PM   #659
warpaint
The Starter

I just got watched this movie called Felon if noone has watched I recommend it. From beginning to end very good, it could easily happened to anyone. Its about a guy protecting his family from a break in and has to go to prison. Val Kilmer and Stephan Dorff are in it, the whole cast did an excellent job. It was released in 2008 I stumbled upon yesterday at Blockbuster it kind put some fear in me because I dont know what i would do in that situation.

First time seeing this thread, I figured someone might enjoy this movie as I did. FELON
Old 10-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #660
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
I just got watched this movie called Felon if noone has watched I recommend it. From beginning to end very good, it could easily happened to anyone. Its about a guy protecting his family from a break in and has to go to prison. Val Kilmer and Stephan Dorff are in it, the whole cast did an excellent job. It was released in 2008 I stumbled upon yesterday at Blockbuster it kind put some fear in me because I dont know what i would do in that situation.

First time seeing this thread, I figured someone might enjoy this movie as I did. FELON
sounds pretty good.

Funny thing you probably could have bought that movie for less then you spent to rent it from Blockbuster.

Half.com / Movies / Felon

Blockbuster how much longer until the doors shut?

I rent a Blu Ray form them a couple weeks ago becasue I got a new PS3 and it was a ghost town in there.