Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #631
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: Pro-gun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
While I respect it ,that is your opinion .I disagree .
Law Enforcement doesn't need to be militarized unless there is a more nefarious purpose to their being militarized.

You, GiantOne, from your posts, seem more than happy to have every aspect of your life controlled by others. I am not.

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #632
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Extra armor would likely weigh down a normal patrol car, reducing effectiveness in traffic stops. Bulletproof glass sure. But neither of those are about the militarization of the police that you said your videos were proved the need for.
The militarization discussed was about ied proof troop carriers, swat team capabilities in small cities (not large ones named LA or New York).

Just showing a video of a cop being shot, while tragic, isn't proof of a need for military urban attack vehicles.
I had a customer years ago who made the occasional armored SUV for dignitaries. The thick steel plating and bullet proof glass add a tremendous amount of weight. The bullet proof glass restricts vision and the extra weight made the thing handle and accelerate like a fully loaded cement truck. The number of people trying to outrun the police would increase tenfold. The cop has to eventually exit the vehicle at some point and be vulnerable anyway.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #633
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Law Enforcement doesn't need to be militarized unless there is a more nefarious purpose to their being militarized.

You, GiantOne, from your posts, seem more than happy to have every aspect of your life controlled by others. I am not.
Not every aspect no but I also realize there are some things that are out of my control but then I'm not the one whining and crying about people who do and don't mind it .
Old 04-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #634
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Old 04-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #635
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
That sums your position up perfectly. You're ignorant of the task the police undertake.

Per SCotUS 2005, the police have no Constitutional duty to protect. Therefore I undertake my own protection and that of the people I care about.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #636
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
That sums your position up perfectly. You're ignorant of the task the police undertake.

Per SCotUS 2005, the police have no Constitutional duty to protect. Therefore I undertake my own protection and that of the people I care about.

If anyone is ignorant of the position of the Police it would be you .Taking things out of context again but as I have said before you have never let a fact get in the way of one of you lies .
Old 04-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #637
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Please explain, with specifics, how I'm taking things out of context or admit you're a juvenile, reactionary poster with no basis for anything you stand for.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 AM   #638
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Please explain, with specifics, how I'm taking things out of context or admit you're a juvenile, reactionary poster with no basis for anything you stand for.
LOL , .

Old 04-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #639
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

No, I didn't think you could.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #640
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

LOL, I see reading comprehension is not you strong point .
Old 04-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #641
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

OK, so you're comparing yourself to the Internet Warrior?

No, I don't think you could take him. You're a couple of grades below. He probably makes sense.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 AM   #642
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
OK, so you're comparing yourself to the Internet Warrior?
No , you ! lol
Old 04-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #643
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

If you call pointing out your inaccuracies and lies bullying, then sure. If it makes you happy to imagine me that way, go ahead. More delusion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #644
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
If you call pointing out your inaccuracies and lies bullying, then sure. If it makes you happy to imagine me that way, go ahead. More delusion.
LOL, statements like that are one of the reasons for drug testing .
Old 04-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #645
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Bloomberg to spend $50 million to challenge NRA on gun safety - CNN.com

CNN) -- Michael Bloomberg is investing a chunk of his personal fortune to minimize the influence of the National Rifle Association.
The former New York City mayor pledged $50 million to his new group Everytown for Gun Safety, an umbrella organization for his two other gun control groups: Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. It aims to make the political climate more supportive of gun control.
The new organization plans to compete against the NRA by adopting its playbook. The NRA has built an impressive and effective organization that touts millions of members, a robust lobbying organization and a massive campaign arm