Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-05-2022, 08:58 AM   #616
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Ukraine mega thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I would never have guessed on Feb 24th that Russian forces would have been so thoroughly defeated around Kiev, or that they would have shown such unrestrained brutality either.
I would have thought people specially in Europe would know and remember the horror there once was. I keep hearing stories that these are not Russian soldiers but paid for mercenaries or riot trained Police. Regardless of who they are only one person is in charge and that's putin.

Advertisements
Old 04-06-2022, 01:36 PM   #617
SunnySide
Playmaker

The Mariupol City Council on Wednesday accused Russian forces of relying on a mobile crematorium to cover up their alleged war crimes in the southeast port city of Ukraine.

Mariupol, which has been partially occupied for weeks, has been the target of one of the most brutal Russian offensives in Ukraine since the invasion began in February.

City officials claimed that Russia is barring humanitarian access to Mariupol because of the number of deceased Ukrainians that remain on the streets.

The city council further claimed that Russian forces are removing potential witnesses to "filtration camps" – a claim echoed Tuesday by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield, who said she has seen "credible reports" supporting such accusations.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia...uschwitz-mayor

World needs verification ASAP

Ive gone from Fuck Putin to Fuck Russia.

Russians driving through germany being pro war. Lots of social media has russians supporting the war.

Fuck Russia
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:00 PM   #618
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
The Mariupol City Council on Wednesday accused Russian forces of relying on a mobile crematorium to cover up their alleged war crimes in the southeast port city of Ukraine.

Mariupol, which has been partially occupied for weeks, has been the target of one of the most brutal Russian offensives in Ukraine since the invasion began in February.

City officials claimed that Russia is barring humanitarian access to Mariupol because of the number of deceased Ukrainians that remain on the streets.

The city council further claimed that Russian forces are removing potential witnesses to "filtration camps" – a claim echoed Tuesday by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield, who said she has seen "credible reports" supporting such accusations.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia...uschwitz-mayor

World needs verification ASAP

Ive gone from Fuck Putin to Fuck Russia.

Russians driving through germany being pro war. Lots of social media has russians supporting the war.

Fuck Russia
I'm here right now too. Does that mean every Russian is OK with it? No. But there are a lot that are and support it. Really hard to feel bad for Russians, when their country is butchering people and are close to starting another world war.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:19 PM   #619
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trying to explain the Russian-Ukraine to 7 and 9 year olds…we got as far as the bad Russian ruler who started the war name is Vladimir Putin. They couldn’t over the fact his name is Vlad Pootin. We came to the conclusion A name like Vlad Pooting has already loss..

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #620
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'm here right now too. Does that mean every Russian is OK with it? No. But there are a lot that are and support it. Really hard to feel bad for Russians, when their country is butchering people and are close to starting another world war.
Good exercise in studying propaganda and how effective it is.

The modern world knows the line about denazification (of a country with a Jewish president who personally had family die in the holocaust) is absolutely a lie - even if we agree there is probably some racists in Ukraine they most likely make up an overwhelmingly small portion of the population (i.e. less than 5% - making up that number off my limited knowledge of Ukraine) and surely they pose no major threat to any large group of the population.

And another question is "how many Russians are dissatisfied with Putin" and not "do they exist at all" - because we know they do exist based off Alexander Navalny's popularity. Sure we can guesstimate how many Russians hate Putin but aren't willing to speak up due to fear of authority. But how do we get from there to "why are so many Russians supporting the war in Ukraine", and "is it an overwhelming amount of the population that actually supports the war?" And if that is the question - propaganda is a key part of the answer. Because if the majority of media in Russia is state sponsored and that is mostly what people consume - then the state sponsored media is playing a key role in convincing the people that the war in Ukraine is justified.

Amazing to me to think about, because growing up the history we learned in schools was about how effective Hitler was in controlling the narrative and convincing Germans that Jewish people were an actual threat - and my mostly public school education actually had me convinced that we had come so far as Americans to learn the lessons of history that were learned by blood - i.e. we could recognize propaganda and disarm it before it ever did us harm, and yet here we are in 2022 and the internet has played such a key role in convincing so many people the world over to question everything that comes from positions of authority. Just thinking about it is mind-boggling. We've come so far - and yet we've hardly gone anywhere at all.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:16 PM   #621
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boris-j...es-11649626707

Boris Johnson Tours Kiev

The British Prime Minister makes a surprise and welcome visit after Ukraine wins the battle for the capital against Russia.

Very Strong Move by Boris Johnson

He Gets Us
Old 04-11-2022, 04:39 AM   #622
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You're correct to a point SD. They're ok with it becuase it's what they have been taught and the ones who haven't been indoctrinated have been threaten to say they go with it, or die.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:03 AM   #623
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I thought this might help.

https://news.yahoo.com/spurred-putin...144438408.html

Marina Dubrova, an English teacher on the Russian island of Sakhalin in the Pacific, showed an uplifting YouTube video to her eighth-grade class last month in which children, in Russian and Ukrainian, sing about a “world without war.”

After she played it, a group of girls stayed behind during recess and quizzed her on her views.

“Ukraine is a separate country, a separate one,” Dubrova, 57, told them.

“No longer,” one of the girls shot back.

A few days later, the police came to her school in the port town of Korsakov. In court, she heard a recording of that conversation, apparently made by one of the students. The judge handed down a $400 fine for “publicly discrediting” Russia’s Armed Forces. The school fired her, she said, for “amoral behavior.”

“It’s as though they’ve all plunged into some kind of madness,” Dubrova said in a phone interview, reflecting on the pro-war mood around her.

There are reports of students turning in teachers and people telling on their neighbors and even the diners at the next table. In a mall in western Moscow, it was the “no to war” text displayed in a computer repair store and reported by a passerby that got the store’s owner, Marat Grachev, detained by the police. In St. Petersburg, a local news outlet documented the furor over suspected pro-Western sympathies at the public library; it erupted after a library official mistook the image of a Soviet scholar on a poster for that of Mark Twain.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:45 AM   #624
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yeah, I saw that article. People ratting out their own neighbors, friends, teachers, etc. Very sad.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:32 PM   #625
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that article. People ratting out their own neighbors, friends, teachers, etc. Very sad.
Think about it , a World Leader turning his own people against each other with lies and threats!
Old 04-11-2022, 12:43 PM   #626
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Reminds me of what happened here initially after the Patriot Act was passed.

I know teaching is different every where but this Russian teacher definitely put herself into a situation that a teacher in the United States should know better than to do, at least based on the article, and definitely at her experience level.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:59 PM   #627
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Marine Le Pen. Another far right psycho who is in debt to Putin. Sound familiar? She cannot win.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:18 PM   #628
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Marine Le Pen. Another far right psycho who is in debt to Putin. Sound familiar? She cannot win.
French Trumpers??!!

Fuck yes! Pepe Le Pew gotta grabb’m again!

He Gets Us
Old 04-11-2022, 07:26 PM   #629
nonniey
The Starter

Some social media reporting of a Chemical Attack in Mariapul. Certainly unconfirmed, guess we'll know in a day or three.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:19 PM   #630
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I never would have thought trump could win .I won't ever bet against the ignorance of any voter.