Old 08-12-2021, 10:32 PM   #616
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Here is the border illegal crossing numbers from the most liberal news rag:

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/12/10272...ts-complicated

Just look at the numbers…historic, record. And guest what? Minors are being housed in cages. Period.

Those are the facts.
Here is another fact:

Biden has been wrong on almost every U.S. foreign policy and national security issue of the last 40 years (not my words, ask the ex U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates).

Afghanistan is a disaster right now…that’s a fact. We could be facing another Middle East genocide ala ISIS which happened on Obama watch. Obama was responsible for that.

Remember when Trump had our allies, the Kurds , slaughtered on the battlefield and you talked about the Mets?

Remember when he pissed off every ally we had in the world, or when he cozied up to every dictator, and you talked about the weather?

Remember when he kept lying about defeating and wiping out ISIS by tweeting he wiped out ISIS and you wanted to give him the nobel peace prize but it turned out to be a lie so you talked about the weather at the Mets game?

It doesn’t matter what you call facts, or what quote you dig up - Biden will never ever be the disaster Trump was. Not with Covid. Not with foreign policy. Not with anything. I know it is a hard pill to swallow Chico but you have 7 more years to choke it down. I know you can do it if you stop fighting with the real world.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-12-2021, 10:58 PM   #617
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trump brought stability to the Middle East, as soon as the buffoon Biden took office it’s been back to normal…a complete shit show.

And Trump did wipe out ISIS…jeez man. Look at the IsIs land map pre 2015 and post 2017. Trump crushed isis and killed Russian mercenaries on the battlefield.

Biden foreign policy is already failing ala Obama legacy

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:20 PM   #618
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Trump brought stability to the Middle East, as soon as the buffoon Biden took office it’s been back to normal…a complete shit show.

And Trump did wipe out ISIS…jeez man. Look at the IsIs land map pre 2015 and post 2017. Trump crushed isis and killed Russian mercenaries on the battlefield.

HAHAHAHAHA. Needed that man. Good stuff.
Too bad Twitter isn’t a good source for historians or you would be spot on. Dont forget how he stopped North Korea from firing missiles either. HAHAHA. Oh man. Trump bought stability to the middle east and wiped out isis and killed the Russians. HAHAHAHA. This is being quoted for posterity.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:24 PM   #619
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

For anyone interested in the real world and not Chicos stoned ass version…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...5c0_story.html
Old 08-13-2021, 01:31 AM   #620
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Remember when Trump had our allies, the Kurds , slaughtered on the battlefield and you talked about the Mets?

Remember when he pissed off every ally we had in the world, or when he cozied up to every dictator, and you talked about the weather?

Remember when he kept lying about defeating and wiping out ISIS by tweeting he wiped out ISIS and you wanted to give him the nobel peace prize but it turned out to be a lie so you talked about the weather at the Mets game?

It doesn’t matter what you call facts, or what quote you dig up - Biden will never ever be the disaster Trump was. Not with Covid. Not with foreign policy. Not with anything. I know it is a hard pill to swallow Chico but you have 7 more years to choke it down. I know you can do it if you stop fighting with the real world.
I remember all that, he was a total shit and the worst president since before the Civil War.

Now for subject at hand Biden totally screwed up in Afghanistan, (Oh and yes Trump was planning to make the same damn screw up), but Trump's across the board ineptitude doesn't excuse Biden's on this issue.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:55 AM   #621
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We should have stayed in Afghanistan until 3021!

FFS, there was never going to be the "right" time to leave there. There for 20 years and the country folded in weeks.

They either don't care about their country or prefer the Taliban.

I'll likely never agree with Biden on anything else, but I like this choice. We aren't the world's babysitters.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #622
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Ha…no. This is the Biden administration plan and executing strategy with his commanders. This is his direct leadership

This is another policy created humanitarian crisis just like at the southern border.

JFC…Biden’s direct policy decisions have caused both, period.
I thought we were all in agreement that we wanted an end to endless wars.

Well this is how it happens.

For the record I agree, despite the previous admin's shortcomings and complete lack of respect for the job the translators did, Biden should've come up with a plan to safely evacuate all of them. But at the same time, I'm glad they're doing something about it now.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #623
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

FFS, there was never going to be the "right" time to leave there. There for 20 years and the country folded in weeks.

I'll likely never agree with Biden on anything else, but I like this choice. We aren't the world's babysitters.
I partly agree, at some point the non-Taliban Afghanis had to know we were going to leave and they should've prepared accordingly.

It's just not feasible to keep wasting lives and money over there with no end in sight.

Sucks for those that don't want to live under Taliban rule. Hopefully we can save as many of the translators and families as possible.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #624
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

20years??? We've been there since 1980 helping them fight the Russians then the Taliban.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:03 AM   #625
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

FFS???

Old 08-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #626
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

For the record I agree, despite the previous admin's shortcomings and complete lack of respect for the job the translators did, Biden should've come up with a plan to safely evacuate all of them. But at the same time, I'm glad they're doing something about it now.

All in agreement? No we weren't. Under Obama, the decision was made to use Special Forces and a limited presence to deny the Taliban control of Afghanistan . This worked - we got to the point were costs and more importantly the casualties were low (to the point where fewer were dying or being injured than in normal training). Biden decided to go with the Trump plan.

America forgot what we went there in the first place for. (If you have one of those 9/11 never forget bumper stickers on your car tear it off). https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast...cials-n1276614
Old 08-13-2021, 10:26 AM   #627
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
FFS???

Trump did have significant success when it came to Israel and a little bit more success in Iraq than Obama (which is not saying much) but he screwed up badly in Syria and was planning on making the same screw up Biden did in Afghanistan.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:39 AM   #628
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

No…it doesn’t end with genocide and a humanitarian crisis. This has nothing to do with Trump. You honestly think is about translators

Biden solely owns this disaster.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:43 AM   #629
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
No…it doesn’t end with genocide and a humanitarian crisis. This has nothing to do with Trump. You honestly think is about translators

Biden solely owns this disaster.
I just can't.

I have too much respect for this forum to tell you how little respect I have for you right now.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #630
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
All in agreement? No we weren't. Under Obama, the decision was made to use Special Forces and a limited presence to deny the Taliban control of Afghanistan . This worked - we got to the point were costs and more importantly the casualties were low (to the point where fewer were dying or being injured than in normal training). Biden decided to go with the Trump plan.

America forgot what we went there in the first place for. (If you have one of those 9/11 never forget bumper stickers on your car tear it off). https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast...cials-n1276614
Cool. I concede that argument, and raise the other argument that the majority of Americans (that's 51% or over if you need numbers) are in agreement that we can't keep wasting money and American lives in Aghanistan.