Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 06-17-2020, 07:39 PM   #616
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This artical should help when they go to sue the home for neglect.
Funny when solid snake said the onion is satire I was thinking everyone knows that by now, apparently not.

Advertisements
Old 06-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #617
SunnySide
Playmaker

On average in the US, the flu's death rate is .1%, while the coronavirus' death rate is 5.2%.

Both viruses are most deadly for the elderly. The flu kills .83% of infected people above age 65, whereas the coronavirus's death rate is 10.4% for infected people from age 65 to 74, 20.8% for the 75-84 group, and 30.1% for people over 85.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...222400931.html

10.4% death rate for people aged 65-74. Those people are still out and about, in the workforce etc.

Fuck, I would not be going outside if I was in that age group or higher.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #618
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So between the ages of 5-49 it’s what like half a percent of 1% or .5 of those infected? Which is more deadlier than the flu, but the avg death age is relatively high in most states.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #619
httr198020
Special Teams

I'm not sure how many people have died from Covid-19. But I can bet that it is nowhere near close to being as much as the news media claims. My great uncle caught it and he's 87 years old and he recovered. My cousin had it and didn't even know she was sick. This virus is a joke. I believe most of the people who are dying are dying from other illnesses, not Covid-19.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:22 PM   #620
SunnySide
Playmaker

CDC, which I think is on the conservative side of accounting, lists 120,333 COVID deaths as of today.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

The death rate (percent) can be played around with. Some models project the number of people they think are infected but asymptomatic and never tested (leads to lower death rate). Some models only consider number of reported cases vs deaths but everyone knows there are more people infected/asymptomatic who had/have it but arent included in the reported cases number.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:49 PM   #621
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Funny when solid snake said the onion is satire I was thinking everyone knows that by now, apparently not.

Seems you're not to bright on the sarcasm it seems.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:59 PM   #622
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
I'm not sure how many people have died from Covid-19. But I can bet that it is nowhere near close to being as much as the news media claims. My great uncle caught it and he's 87 years old and he recovered. My cousin had it and didn't even know she was sick. This virus is a joke. I believe most of the people who are dying are dying from other illnesses, not Covid-19.
I'm not sure <insert relevant topic>. But I can bet <outlandish theory that can't be proved>. <Anecdote extrapolated to prove outlandish theory>. <Second anecdote ignoring that bit about some victims being asymptomatic>. <Pure nonsense>. <Finishes with 2nd outlandish theory that can't be proved>.

Why don't you take your medical degree and go do autopsies on everyone who's died so far, do a report on it and get it peer reviewed and published in a medical journal. Then when it comes back solid come back here and rub that shit in my face. Until then I invite you to go tell all of the families who have had loved ones die of COVID or partially from COVID that their doctors and the entire medical industry is wrong because your great uncle caught it at 87 years old and recovered.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:49 PM   #623
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm not sure <insert relevant topic>. But I can bet <outlandish theory that can't be proved>. <Anecdote extrapolated to prove outlandish theory>. <Second anecdote ignoring that bit about some victims being asymptomatic>. <Pure nonsense>. <Finishes with 2nd outlandish theory that can't be proved>.

Why don't you take your medical degree and go do autopsies on everyone who's died so far, do a report on it and get it peer reviewed and published in a medical journal. Then when it comes back solid come back here and rub that shit in my face. Until then I invite you to go tell all of the families who have had loved ones die of COVID or partially from COVID that their doctors and the entire medical industry is wrong because your great uncle caught it at 87 years old and recovered.
I realize this is a new type of virus, and i also am not taking up for httr's posts, but so far the medical community has been pretty wrong on everything so far that they as "experts" knew about COVID. MTK points out that science is not about being "right", which there is some truth to, but trusting people who are routinely wrong more than they are right is probably not a successful endeavor.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:55 AM   #624
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I realize this is a new type of virus, and i also am not taking up for httr's posts, but so far the medical community has been pretty wrong on everything so far that they as "experts" knew about COVID. MTK points out that science is not about being "right", which there is some truth to, but trusting people who are routinely wrong more than they are right is probably not a successful endeavor.
Are you serious?
Old 06-24-2020, 03:58 AM   #625
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You do realize they(the Medical Community) has said this all along ,that the COVID victims almost to a person all had under lying conditions .
Old 06-24-2020, 06:42 AM   #626
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Are you serious?
I should elaborate:

When COVID started here in the states, our resident medical experts came out with all sorts of rules, guidance, etc. One of those being "You don't have to wear a mask if you aren't sick". We could have an entire thread / discussion about how much and how often Doctors are wrong. But that doesn't / shouldn't undermine the good work that they do for us.

Corona Virus is constantly changing, and because of that, the guidelines/restrictions/lockdowns in 2021 will look very different from how they did this year. Things are already changing as most states now have entered, or are entering Phase 3 and their respective final phases of the recovery plans. I am not saying Doctors are quacks, just wan't to clarify that.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:14 AM   #627
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

This virus is definitely a hoax. Not saying that it does exist and can't be fatal for a very small minority of people. The hysteria was over blown right from the very beginning. The more we know about COVID-19 the less dangerous we realize it is. You don't know what the entire medical community thinks because you haven't heard from them. You've only heard what the leftwing Nazis want you to hear. Dr. Dan Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi concluded that COVID-19 has a similar death rate to the flu. Youtube took down their video. Dr. Jay Bachartayyara at Stanford University who finds that the death rate of covid in the 0.02-0.03 percent. There are two other studies that are consistent with those numbers. Do I know exactly how many people have died from COVID-19? No, but I'm convinced that it's a lot less than what is being reported. Do I know exactly how many people who got COVID-19? No, but I'm sure it's way more people than the cases that has been reported.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ExrrJIcOZ90

If Dr. Erickson and Massihi are wrong and can be proven wrong. Why did Google censor them? Is only the opinions of those they agree with valid? If these leftwing nazis were truly confident in their opinions, they would debate their opponents and not use corporations to silence those people. Dissent is no longer allowed. You believe what you want. But don't tell me I'm being ridiculous because I don't buy into any and everything I hear from the communist MSM.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:16 AM   #628
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
You do realize they(the Medical Community) has said this all along ,that the COVID victims almost to a person all had under lying conditions .
My uncle has diabetes and heart disease.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #629
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
This virus is definitely a hoax. Not saying that it does exist and can't be fatal for a very small minority of people. The hysteria was over blown right from the very beginning. The more we know about COVID-19 the less dangerous we realize it is. You don't know what the entire medical community thinks because you haven't heard from them. You've only heard what the leftwing Nazis want you to hear. Dr. Dan Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi concluded that COVID-19 has a similar death rate to the flu. Youtube took down their video. Dr. Jay Bachartayyara at Stanford University who finds that the death rate of covid in the 0.02-0.03 percent. There are two other studies that are consistent with those numbers. Do I know exactly how many people have died from COVID-19? No, but I'm convinced that it's a lot less than what is being reported. Do I know exactly how many people who got COVID-19? No, but I'm sure it's way more people than the cases that has been reported.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ExrrJIcOZ90

If Dr. Erickson and Massihi are wrong and can be proven wrong. Why did Google censor them? Is only the opinions of those they agree with valid? If these leftwing nazis were truly confident in their opinions, they would debate their opponents and not use corporations to silence those people. Dissent is no longer allowed. You believe what you want. But don't tell me I'm being ridiculous because I don't buy into any and everything I hear from the communist MSM.
Ill save everyone some time ...

Dr Erickson and Massihi run a walk in urgent care clinic in CA.

They arent epidemologists, they are walk-in clinic doctors.

They are Trump supporters, anti-mask people.

People like HTTR who are hungry for any confirmaiton of their Q Anon beliefs will take what these Q Anon walk-in clinic doctors say as gospel ... and ignore the 99.9999% of true experts who disagree with them.

-----------------------

But public health experts were quick to point out the major flaws in the doctors’ methodology – namely that only a tiny percentage of Californians have actually been tested, a group that is more likely to test positive and is not representative of the larger population.

'This pandemic has been so severely politicized in this country that evidence, no matter how poor, gets amplified enormously if it benefits one side or another.'
Dr. Carl Bergstrom, University of Washington

But public health experts were quick to debunk the doctors’ findings as misguided and riddled with statistical errors — and an example of the kind of misleading information they are forced to waste precious time disputing.

The doctors should never have assumed that the patients they tested — who came for walk-in COVID-19 tests or who sought urgent care for symptoms they experienced in the middle of a pandemic — are representative of the general population, said Dr. Carl Bergstrom, a University of Washington biologist who specializes in infectious disease modeling. He likened their extrapolations to “estimating the average height of Americans from the players on an NBA court.” And most credible studies of COVID-19 death rates are far higher than the ones the doctors presented.

“They’ve used methods that are ludicrous to get results that are completely implausible,” Bergstrom said.

Still, the early media coverage of the doctors’ announcement went viral (digitally, that is) over the weekend. The press conference video garnered more than 5 million views before YouTube removed it on Monday for violating community guidelines.

In a rare statement late Monday, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”
https://www.kqed.org/news/11814749/b...-like-wildfire
--------------------

If you dont agree with these walk-in clinic doctors and reject what all the real experts are saying .... youre a left wing nazi.

Gesus Krist ... these conspiracy theory types of people.

lol a fucking walk in clinic doctor ... . lol

thats funny as hell.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #630
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Ill save everyone some time ...

Dr Erickson and Massihi run a walk in urgent care clinic in CA.

They arent epidemologists, they are walk-in clinic doctors.

They are Trump supporters, anti-mask people.

People like HTTR who are hungry for any confirmaiton of their Q Anon beliefs will take what these Q Anon walk-in clinic doctors say as gospel ... and ignore the 99.9999% of true experts who disagree with them.

-----------------------

But public health experts were quick to point out the major flaws in the doctors’ methodology – namely that only a tiny percentage of Californians have actually been tested, a group that is more likely to test positive and is not representative of the larger population.

'This pandemic has been so severely politicized in this country that evidence, no matter how poor, gets amplified enormously if it benefits one side or another.'
Dr. Carl Bergstrom, University of Washington

But public health experts were quick to debunk the doctors’ findings as misguided and riddled with statistical errors — and an example of the kind of misleading information they are forced to waste precious time disputing.

The doctors should never have assumed that the patients they tested — who came for walk-in COVID-19 tests or who sought urgent care for symptoms they experienced in the middle of a pandemic — are representative of the general population, said Dr. Carl Bergstrom, a University of Washington biologist who specializes in infectious disease modeling. He likened their extrapolations to “estimating the average height of Americans from the players on an NBA court.” And most credible studies of COVID-19 death rates are far higher than the ones the doctors presented.

“They’ve used methods that are ludicrous to get results that are completely implausible,” Bergstrom said.

In a rare statement late Monday, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”
https://www.kqed.org/news/11814749/b...-like-wildfire
--------------------

If you dont agree with these walk-in clinic doctors and reject what all the real experts are saying .... youre a left wing nazi.

Gesus Krist ... these conspiracy theory types of people.

lol a fucking walk in clinic doctor ... . lol

thats funny as hell.
"Dr Erickson and Massihi run a walk in urgent care clinic in CA. "

And does that debunk their opinions about the mortality rates of COVID-19? If that fact alone discredits them please explain how?

"They arent epidemologists, they are walk-in clinic doctors. "

So does that mean their raw data was falsified just because they're not epidemiologists? Are you saying they are incapable of interpreting the data and coming up with a conclusion just because they're not "epidemiologists?"

"They are Trump supporters, anti-mask people. "

Who cares if they're Trump supporters. That has nothing to do with their conclusion. I am a proud Trump supporter and I wear a mask. I was coming home from work last week and saw a pack of BLM protesters not wearing any mask. So maybe there is no correlation between wearing a mask and being a Trump supporter.

"People like HTTR who are hungry for any confirmaiton of their Q Anon beliefs will take what these Q Anon walk-in clinic doctors say as gospel ... and ignore the 99.9999% of true experts who disagree with them. "

Let us avoid personal attacks and stick to the issue. Covid-19 is a hoax. There is no real numbers on how many people are dying from it or other causes and I have proof. This is a CDC report.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cNWZVckYq5BzdE

The CDC has combined the total number of Pneumonia, Influenza, and
COVID-19 deaths as Covid-19 deaths. Both confirmed and presumptive cases of Covid-19 are being counted as COVID-19 deaths based on CDC guidelines. That is why I am convinced that the death tolls are nowhere close to what has been reported on LEFTWING NAZI MEDIA. So how could your experts have a clue about the mortality rates is or isn't if they don't even know how many people are dying from Covid-19 or another respiratory virus? How do they know the mortality rate of Covid-19 if they have no idea about the number of people infected? Let me guess, I should shut up and listen to them, even though, they don't know to shit themselves. Please answers this question and don't skip over it.

"In a rare statement late Monday, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine declared they “emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Messihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”"

So let me get this straight. Dr. Erickson and Messihi are wrong simply because these people say so? Why not prove them wrong with their own data? Oh, that's right, they don't have any reliable data! They didn't offer any substance at all. They arrogantly dismissed Dr. Erickson and Messihi with a rebuttal. Then they tried to insult their character because they have a different opinion.

"If you dont agree with these walk-in clinic doctors and reject what all the real experts are saying .... youre a left wing nazi. "

That is totally irrational. Do you claim if I believe some doctors who are reporting their own findings over "experts" who consider themselves an authority figure on this subject then I'm a left-wing Nazi? Those are some serious mental gymnastics you had to jump through to come to that conclusion. Nazis pushed propaganda and censored those who opposed their views just like the modern-day left is trying to do right now. All these major companies like Google, Twitter, Facebook are censoring conservatives and demonetizing them. Dr. Erickson isn't forcing anyone to accept his findings. He didn't demand that people who disagree with him get removed from Youtube. If you think about it, you and your party have way more in common with Nazis racist skinheads and KKK members.