Maye 11 21.57%
Trade down 10 19.61%
Non QB pick 3 5.88%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2024, 04:52 PM   #1
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: 2024 Early Bird Draft Thread

For me, I'm at the point where I don't really care who they draft. I just want the new regime to come in with a plan and execute it to a T. If that means starting over at QB, because they really like one of these prospects coming out - so be it. If that means building around Sam, because they think the QB of the future is already in the building - super.

I'm just grateful that we will almost certainly have competent folks running the operation from top to bottom soon. Something we haven't seen in a very long time.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:56 PM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
For me, I'm at the point where I don't really care who they draft. I just want the new regime to come in with a plan and execute it to a T. If that means starting over at QB, because they really like one of these prospects coming out - so be it. If that means building around Sam, because they think the QB of the future is already in the building - super.

I'm just grateful that we will almost certainly have competent folks running the operation from top to bottom soon. Something we haven't seen in a very long time.
I totally agree with this. I think it's a 99/1 chance, we draft a QB at No. 2, but if we don't, I'm OK with that. Hard to complain if we walk-away with Harrison, Fashanu, Alt, or a boatload of picks from a trade (if we don't go QB).

Give me Daniels, Maye, Harrison Jr., Fashanu, Alt, or more picks. But I'll be happy regardless, w/ any of those options.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:12 AM   #3
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I totally agree with this. I think it's a 99/1 chance, we draft a QB at No. 2, but if we don't, I'm OK with that. Hard to complain if we walk-away with Harrison, Fashanu, Alt, or a boatload of picks from a trade (if we don't go QB).

Give me Daniels, Maye, Harrison Jr., Fashanu, Alt, or more picks. But I'll be happy regardless, w/ any of those options.
I basically agree with this other than I don't want to pick a player at 2 that isn't a QB. If they don't like the QBs or they like Howell, you have to trade the pick. There's just so much value in a QB-desperate league. I love the guys you mentioned, but I would much much rather they trade back.

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:52 AM   #4
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

Agree
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 06:51 PM   #5
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Caleb Williams is the only college QB in this class who grabbed my immediate attention. That's because he improvises like Mahomes, throws like Allen, and makes incredible plays like both of them. He's the one I want unless he suffers a serious injury such as a split finger nail.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:04 AM   #6
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Caleb Williams is the only college QB in this class who grabbed my immediate attention. That's because he improvises like Mahomes, throws like Allen, and makes incredible plays like both of them. He's the one I want unless he suffers a serious injury such as a split finger nail.
my only concern with either him or maye is they really haven't played anyone great, williams has a few more top 25 opponents but Maye hasn't seen shit

if you put me in a grassy field with first graders, i am going look pretty good at QB
Old 01-10-2024, 04:42 PM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

F all these rookie QB's. Bring back Kirk, draft Harrison, draft a couple o-linemen, get a better coach, bring in some free agents and we're on our way.. :-)
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:46 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
F all these rookie QB's. Bring back Kirk, draft Harrison, draft a couple o-linemen, get a better coach, bring in some free agents and we're on our way.. :-)
Bring back Cousins…I could get on that bandwagon

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 07:03 PM   #9
rocnrik
Playmaker

That durable part is the key !! Thank you for the insight !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 10:56 AM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Traded down to 8th, and picked up 43rd pick, was still able to get Daniels. That would be awesome.

8. Jayden Daniels - QB - LSU
36. Troy Fautanu - OG - Washington
40. J.T. Tuimoloau - EDGE - Ohio State
43. Jordan Morgan - OT - Arizona
67. Jaylan Ford - LB - Texas
96. Michael Pratt - QB - Tulane
98. Brandon Coleman - OG - TCU
132. Drake Nugent - OC - Michigan
163. Dallin Holker - TE - Colorado State
194. Tatum Bethune - LB - Florida State
Old 01-11-2024, 12:15 PM   #11
rocnrik
Playmaker

Did we not learn anything about Head cases from Haskins .. Williams is a HUGE Risk from a maturity aspect.. I don't know Jack about him but if you start reading from those who make a living at these sort of things there are indeed "Red Flags" concerning these issues . Can we afford to take that chance ? I'm not sure we can .. I've gotta trust that whoever makes this pick has done the homework and won't botch this .. we got ONE shot at this ! These concerns are no more or less convincing than to say Maye is a taller version of Howell .That is not at all accurate..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:56 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

What I wonder, is how the new FO will handle college scouting. Did our current scouts do enough or were they part of the issue with our poor drafting? Will the new FO bring in their own people ASAP, or will they have to rely on whatever quality the previous regime used? It is a lot to get right, and solid organizations have a functional and efficient scouting corps. My guess is that we did not.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 09:00 PM   #13
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
What I wonder, is how the new FO will handle college scouting. Did our current scouts do enough or were they part of the issue with our poor drafting? Will the new FO bring in their own people ASAP, or will they have to rely on whatever quality the previous regime used? It is a lot to get right, and solid organizations have a functional and efficient scouting corps. My guess is that we did not.
I am not going to be surprised if we bring in some 3rd party analytics or if the new GM brings some pieces with them.

I can’t imagine we roll with Ron’s scouting department
Old 01-11-2024, 09:31 PM   #14
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I am not going to be surprised if we bring in some 3rd party analytics or if the new GM brings some pieces with them.

I can’t imagine we roll with Ron’s scouting department
I'd throw all the old notes away. The new staff will have approximately 100 days to build their board. That's enough time. And I'm sure anyone in the running has already started building their own boards.
Old 01-12-2024, 11:07 AM   #15
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'd throw all the old notes away. The new staff will have approximately 100 days to build their board. That's enough time. And I'm sure anyone in the running has already started building their own boards.
It is not, most teams in transition will use the resources from the existing scouting staff. Scouting is a year long process, and it'd be ridiculous for the new regime to throw that away and be months behind other teams.

The current scouting staff and probably a lot of the mid level front office staff will be around until the draft. After that they will all be fired.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote