Don't slip...or you'll trip and you'll fall

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
saden1
MVP

Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
I'm not even getting to the Police conduct in this, I was just commenting on the initial Vigilante Vs. Kid scenario.

Because I think the shooter would have used another unpleasant descriptive for any color kid he thought was up to no good.

So just to confirm: You didn't find a reference to race in either quotes you posted, did you?
Do you not understand the implications of saying "drop the race angle" after calling Trayvon a "mouthy teenager."

You are beyond odious...you can't possibly believe you can mask your stench. What you said is uncalled for and doesn't jive with the facts.

-Jenkins
Old 03-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #48
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Do you not understand the implications of saying "drop the race angle" after calling Trayvon a "mouthy teenager."
Please join the dots for me. Is Trayvon incapable of being a mouthy teenager for some reason I'm not aware of?

Quote:
You are beyond odious...you can't possibly believe you can mask your stench. What you said is uncalled for and doesn't jive with the facts.
Keep the insults coming, it's amusing that you have so little control that you can't hold a conversation without getting excited.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #49
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
You damn right I have issues and why shouldn't? Police conduct notwithstanding? Are we side stepping race as an issue when it comes to police conduct?

All you do is stick your head in the sand and say race isn't an issue but you never once mentioned why it isn't.
You don't know what evidence the cops do or don't have so your assuming alot with what your saying about the cops. That's not different then someone assuming the kid was mouthy teen.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #50
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Isn't calling this 17 year old a "mouthy teenager" the same type of profiling that Zimmerman was doing? (sketchy/on drugs)

Sounds like to me that the kid was minding his own business, not bothering anybody. Some mouth breather guy "wanna be cop" decided to take action after he was told to stand down and to not pursue. I don't know about you, but if I'm rolling down the street or through a neighborhood and somebody rolls up on me like Zimmerman did this kid, chances are I would be defending myself.

The fact Zimmerman is claiming "self defense" is a farce. If anything, the kid was defending himself from a vigilante. No way this guy should be walking the street today. That said, I'm not surprised seeing how shitty Florida's judicial system is.

Stallworth may escape manslaughter charge - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Ryan LeVin: Porsche hit-and-run killer avoids prison time - Sun Sentinel
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fox's Rivera: Fla. teen's hoodie had role in death - CBS News

Can someone please take Geraldo out of the gene pool. So I have 3-4 hoodies, Im I seriously menacing? Hoodies are like top wear for hipster and emo kids, too blame the hoodie is seriously missing the point completely. The only thing menacing in a hoodie is Darth Hoodie.

He Gets Us
Old 03-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #52
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Isn't calling this 17 year old a "mouthy teenager" the same type of profiling that Zimmerman was doing?
Yes. I stated earlier that most kids that age that I know or come into contact with are yappy as all get out. Unlike Zimmerman I refrain from shooting them though.

I may just be 'lucky' that I live in an area that is renowned for spoilt brats, wannabe gang bangers and actual, very dangerous, nothing to lose, real gang bangers. All yappy.

The nice, well-spoken teenager is a rarity.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #53
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Fox's Rivera: Fla. teen's hoodie had role in death - CBS News

Can someone please take Geraldo out of the gene pool. So I have 3-4 hoodies, Im I seriously menacing? Hoodies are like top wear for hipster and emo kids, too blame the hoodie is seriously missing the point completely. The only thing menacing in a hoodie is Darth Hoodie.
Geraldo has less credibility than I do.

I'm wearing a black 5/48 hoodie as I post, not even kidding.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #54
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Isn't calling this 17 year old a "mouthy teenager" the same type of profiling that Zimmerman was doing? (sketchy/on drugs)

Sounds like to me that the kid was minding his own business, not bothering anybody. Some mouth breather guy "wanna be cop" decided to take action after he was told to stand down and to not pursue. I don't know about you, but if I'm rolling down the street or through a neighborhood and somebody rolls up on me like Zimmerman did this kid, chances are I would be defending myself.

The fact Zimmerman is claiming "self defense" is a farce. If anything, the kid was defending himself from a vigilante. No way this guy should be walking the street today. That said, I'm not surprised seeing how shitty Florida's judicial system is.

Stallworth may escape manslaughter charge - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Ryan LeVin: Porsche hit-and-run killer avoids prison time - Sun Sentinel
I agree that Zimmerman should not be walking the street but thinking something and proving it are two different stories.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #55
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes. I stated earlier that most kids that age that I know or come into contact with are yappy as all get out. Unlike Zimmerman I refrain from shooting them though.

I may just be 'lucky' that I live in an area that is renowned for spoilt brats, wannabe gang bangers and actual, very dangerous, nothing to lose, real gang bangers. All yappy.

The nice, well-spoken teenager is a rarity.
You need to move. The teens I meet are nice, well spoken its a rarity they are somting else.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #56
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Please join the dots for me. Is Trayvon incapable of being a mouthy teenager for some reason I'm not aware of?

Keep the insults coming, it's amusing that you have so little control that you can't hold a conversation without getting excited.
Since you are incapable let me break it down for you:

Quote:
Over zealous curtain-twitcher meets mouthy teenager.

Drop the race angle.
This is a classic case of False Equivalence fallacy.

Quote:
False Equivalence is a logical fallacy which describes a situation where there is a logical and apparent equivalence, but when in fact there is none.
Your statement regarding Zimmerman and Trayvon implicitly implies that they were both to blame for this tragedy when in fact the only person to blame is Zimmerman. With your stupid remark what you are really saying is "if only Trayvon wasn't a loud mouth maybe he could have survived this assailant."

Let's also not forget the fact that you purposefully downplayed race as a possible factor by staying we should drop it without a single justification as to why we should. You've also managed to wiggle your way out having to talk about what is clearly police misconduct in this case. I would love to hear you justified and explained their conduct without race being a factor.

With every shitty post you put together so far all you have manage to say is "shit happens." Your cowardice won't even allow you to bring yourself to say that "race" may have been a factor and justice has not been served.

-Jenkins

Last edited by saden1; 03-23-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #57
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You don't know what evidence the cops do or don't have so your assuming alot with what your saying about the cops. That's not different then someone assuming the kid was mouthy teen.

The evidence is out there.

Quote:
Man stalks "suspcious" looking little black boy that that doesn't seem to fit in the neighborhood.

Man calls 911 to report it.

911 dispatcher tells man to stay away from the boy until police get there.

Man follows little black boy despite being told to stay away.

Scuffle ensues and little black boy end up getting shot and dies.

Police arrive and make no arrest and side with the assailant.

There was no attempt to find out who the boy was.

Police take Trayvon Martin's body and stored it in a morgue for three days and label him as John Doe.

When the family asked why Zimmerman had not been arrested, the police responded that he had a "squeaky-clean record" and they respected his educational background in criminal justice.

Zimmerman had a previous charge in 2005 of battery on a police officer while interfering with the arrest of a friend.

If you're telling me I don't have enough evidence to form a judgment about this case then on what grounds can you the vile shit that you said about Trayvon? I just hope what happen to Trayvon doesn't happen to your little girl. I know very well if it was her that was murdered you wouldn't appreciate me coming out and saying "she isn't as innocent as they are making her out to be."

-Jenkins
Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #58
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Since you are incapable let me break it down for you:

This is a classic case of False Equivalence fallacy.
M'kay.....I think we haven't heard all the facts yet.

Quote:
Your statement regarding Zimmerman and Trayvon implicitly implies that they were both to blame for this tragedy when in fact the only person to blame is Zimmerman.
That's YOUR interpretation of MY statement.

Quote:
With your stupid remark what you are really saying is "if only Trayvon wasn't a loud mouth maybe he could have survived this assailant."
Again, YOUR interpretation of MY statement, clouded by your rabid need for 'justice'. I'll repeat: I have as a personal example a majority of yappy teens, that's my experience, that's what I have to go on.

Quote:
Let's also not forget the fact that you purposefully downplayed race as a possible factor by staying we should drop it without a single justification as to why it was not.
Putting aside the race factor, which is currently being worked by interested parties for all it's worth, would allow the basic facts to be seen. Then you can explore the race aspect.

Quote:
You've also managed to wiggle your way out having to talk about what is clearly police misconduct this case that can't be justified or explained without attributing race to it.
I said it put it aside as it's another confusion to the case. Including it at the beginning of the Vigilante Vs. Kid doesn't help clarify anything.

Quote:
With every shitty post you put together so far all you have manage to say is "shit happens." Your cowardice won't even allow you to bring yourself to say that "race" may have been a factor and justice has not been served.
That's YOUR interpretation, basically because you're too riled up to think straight. I mentioned before that you should calm down before you post, you just make yourself look really childish.

'Coward'......<rolls_eyes>

Keep it coming.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Wasn't one man Hispanic and the other black?
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #60
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Wasn't one man Hispanic and the other black?
According to all the reports, yes. Why?
Closed Thread