Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins at Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #46
44ever

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins at Cowboys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It happens 44, hey we are a better team than last year just chill. 3-1 at the bye would really ease the pain. Rex is what he is that's y most of us wanted Beck but gotta stick w him
LOL, yeah it happens every year brother.

Just extra frustrating when the game was there to be won and we somehow allowed ourselves to lose it. It was a top to bottom disaster tho. Really cant put the blame on any one player or coach.

I would have liked to see the playcall mixed up a little more. The short pass to Hightower was effective but not on called enough. Is Torain a waterboy now?
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #47
Ruhskins
Living Legend

By the way, where the f*ck was Fred Davis tonight? The guy has back-to-back huge games and he is a non factor tonight? What went wrong?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #48
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
As much as I feel like Rex isn't the answer and really don't like him at QB, I just don't think benching him or even trying Beck out for 1 game is the answer. Rex (apparently) is getting comfortable with the coaches and like how the coaches trust him, bench him even for 1 game and that trust potentially goes out the window and the "F*** it, I'm going deep" Rex could be back in action, simply because he feels like he has to prove his worth. I mean did anyone really think we were gonna have a playoff team with Grossman at the helm? I mean maybe... but... At this point we just have to ride Rex out this season and pray that we can start building a franchise QB next season.
Agree w/ all this...but then why not try Beck for three or four reg season games? At this point aren't we just searching for the best backup?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
LOL, yeah it happens every year brother.

Just extra frustrating when the game was there to be won and we somehow allowed ourselves to lose it. It was a top to bottom disaster tho. Really cant put the blame on any one player or coach.

I would have liked to see the playcall mixed up a little more. The short pass to Hightower was effective but not on called enough. Is Torain a waterboy now?
Well it does but then again we have been bad for years also, I guess ATV is parked off road somewhere who knows and no doubt this game stings bcuz
A. It's Dallas and B. we should have won by at least 7.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 AM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

My sig says it all thanks again Lotus
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 AM   #51
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Agree w/ all this...but then why not try Beck for three or four reg season games? At this point aren't we just searching for the best backup?
You need some type of continuity at QB. You do what you are suggesting when you are 2-9 and out of the playoff hunt. We are just three weeks into the season.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #52
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
By the way, where the f*ck was Fred Davis tonight? The guy has back-to-back huge games and he is a non factor tonight? What went wrong?
Was wondering this myself, but then again we saw Cooley quite a bit more tonight, yes?

...I think Davis needs to be our primary TE.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #53
over the mountain
Playmaker

the cowboys seemed to be guessin and jumpin the snap count correctly alot, ware did it on browns holding call .. on the flip side romo was able to get us to show our blitz alot. big difference btw romo and rex with their presnap abilities.

im not mad at the allout blitz on 3rd and 21 and the game in the balance as much as i am with the fact we put 7 d lineman with their hands in the dirt basically not even disguising it at all. it allowed romo to know what was coming and he knew he had to use his feet to buy more time from the get go.

i kinda a hall hatter to a degree but i cant even blame him for the dez catch since it was backyard football at that point. give dez moss anyone 5 seconds to run with 1 on 1 coverage and he'll get open enough.

bad game from rex, his arm looked bad n soft on certain throws and i dont trust him to make the right read or see a LB dropping back into coverage.

the boys playcalling was severely limited b/c romo couldnt throw the ball more than 20 yds, they basically gave us 4 10-15 yard sacks with those snaps, were not on the same page all night yet still won.

unbelievable. lots of blame but the boys correctly guessin the snap and us not disguising blitzes or even bothering to on 3rd and 21 is really pissing me off . . we need a qb to control the LOS, have hard n soft counts, force Ds to show their cards and make the reads accordingly..
Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #54
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Was wondering this myself, but then again we saw Cooley quite a bit more tonight, yes?

...I think Davis needs to be our primary TE.
I think Davis needs to be our pass-catching TE and put Cooley back to the H-back position (like tonight). KS needs to figure out how to make them both productive in a game.
R.I.P. #21
Old 09-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #55
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
the cowboys seemed to be guessin and jumpin the snap count correctly alot, ware did it on browns holding call .. on the flip side romo was able to get us to show our blitz alot. big difference btw romo and rex with their presnap abilities.

im not mad at the allout blitz on 3rd and 21 and the game in the balance as much as i am with the fact we put 7 d lineman with their hands in the dirt basically not even disguising it at all. it allowed romo to know what was coming and he knew he had to use his feet to buy more time from the get go.

i kinda a hall hatter to a degree but i cant even blame him for the dez catch since it was backyard football at that point. give dez moss anyone 5 seconds to run with 1 on 1 coverage and he'll get open enough.

bad game from rex, his arm looked bad n soft on certain throws and i dont trust him to make the right read or see a LB dropping back into coverage.

the boys playcalling was severely limited b/c romo couldnt throw the ball more than 20 yds, they basically gave us 4 10-15 yard sacks with those snaps, were not on the same page all night yet still won.

unbelievable. lots of blame but the boys correctly guessin the snap and us not disguising blitzes or even bothering to on 3rd and 21 is really pissing me off . . we need a qb to control the LOS, have hard n soft counts, force Ds to show their cards and make the reads accordingly..
They were seriously offsides on some of those. Like the one where Ware completely gassed Jammal Brown and came around and sacked Grossman? Ware was past, Brown by time he was getting up from the crouch. I just can't believe he was guessing the snap count right, every single time. Maybe he was. Maybe he's that good.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #56
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Seriously? The cowboys have one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen. Like Gruden said when have you ever seen 4 snaps blown like that? And Romo could hardly move lol.

The defense may have played hard but the calls out of Haslett are terrible. Unless Orakpo and Kerrigan both have dominant games (simultaneously) this is a suspect defense i.e. we'll get shredded by the top 5 to 10 offenses in the league.
If the offense either gets in the end zone or has a long drive at any point in the fourth quarter, this is a non-issue.

We definitely didn't get beat in the fourth quarter by a guy who could hardly move though. If that was actually the case, then you'd defend the 3rd and 21 call on those grounds. Romo bought the time to deliver the ball. Haslett didn't call a play that should have given Romo 5+ seconds to allow for downfield release.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #57
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Hall is laying the smack down on Haslett's blitz call. He's frustrated and will apologize and/or retract tomorrow. But still...just stay quiet
Old 09-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Where was AA ?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #59
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
If the offense either gets in the end zone or has a long drive at any point in the fourth quarter, this is a non-issue.

We definitely didn't get beat in the fourth quarter by a guy who could hardly move though. If that was actually the case, then you'd defend the 3rd and 21 call on those grounds. Romo bought the time to deliver the ball. Haslett didn't call a play that should have given Romo 5+ seconds to allow for downfield release.
haslett's call let romo know he was going to have to scramble back to get time though imo. romo knew he was going to have to buy time to deliver the ball before it was snapped. im so pissed about that

steve young made a salient point about the last play. as a qb in that situation you cant scramble to the side that would leave the hand holding the ball to the inside of the field and not know whats behind you. seems like alot to ask of a qb in that situaiton but i guess thats why he is in the HOF and rex is rex
Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #60
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Where was AA ?
Had a hamstring injury. Austin was replacing him.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote