Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #46
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What a frustrating game that was. That was right down there with the 0-4 Redskins falling to the 0-4 Cowboys on Monday Night Football back in 2001. I think the score may have been the same, or close to it.
That's what I was thinking too. Very similar game, though I remember the game in 2001 being even uglier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Forcing Suisham to Attempt a 50 Yard Field Goal Notice I didn't say the miss. The problem was what happened before the miss. We're up 6-0 on the road in the 4th quarter and we're 3-6. Additionally, our QB has been perfect (I think 10-10) on 3rd down all day. You've just run it twice to force a 3 and 2. The minute Campbell handed the ball off to Rock I was against that decision. Again, we're 3-6. And we just ran it twice.
Agreed. The first miss was Suish's fault, though the 45 minute delay didn't help. The 2nd one is on the coaches. Why do teams get complacent when they hit the 32 or 33 yard line? It's like "ok we're in range, let's not f*ck it up". GO FOR THE FIRST DOWN! Ten more yards and we win that game... We made the exact same mistake in the '99 playoff game against the Bucs. We blame the Turk brothers but had we gotten one more first down we would have gone to the NFC championship game.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #47
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Yesterday's Inactives

What sucked for Suisham was having to sit and wait throughout the entire ordeal of the Referees looking at the play before the false start. He should have immediately come off the field and done something else. Kicking is a heavily mental game.

LaRon Landry - Stop showboating and do your f'ing job. Too many times yesterday you were too concerned with your dance as opposed to your job. This is probably par for the course, but there weren't too many mistakes made by players yesterday.

Coaching Staff - Having to burn those 2 timeouts in the 2nd half made the difference.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman: They are Fox's #1 team, but I find myself thinking Kenny, Moose and Goose are beyond better. Aikman has really regressed as far as his bias is concerned for the Cowboys. And while a little bit of bias is expected, he's become a complete homer.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #48
freddyg12
Playmaker

That 3rd & 2 draw call was terrible, and I'm not usually not quick to question play calls. They had been blitzing the a gap up the middle all game long & had success (in terms of us not picking it up) at it. When they lined up I could tell a blitz up the middle was coming.

I guess they thought that play would work because dallas quite often rushed only 3. On 3rd & 2 however, dallas was unlikely to play a heavy 8 man coverage scheme.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #49
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Didn't the we beat the Cowboys last year at Dallas with the Burgundy on Burgundy combo?
Maybe. But my argument wasn't in terms of what uniforms we were wearing won/loss. Mine was a fashion argument: what looks good?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #50
redskinfan401
Camp Scrub

No smack for Orakpo? He's been a beast this year, but he had Romo in his hands twice yesterday in huge situations and whiffed on both.
redskinfan401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #51
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Sports Bog- Zorn: "It is bleak"
"I didn't want to complete the pass in bounds," Zorn said, leading to this suggestion from me: so don't. "And I could have taken another shot to the end zone, but they were coming after us, too, and they were blitzing, so I didn't want to get pushed out of the field-goal range we got. And then when we got our five yards back [on the weird replay thing], it made it even better, so I don't think that hurt Shaun. He just got across the ball."
Just read this a few times, let it sink in, chew on it. then answer this question. Does this logic make any sense?

He was worried about the yardage, so when we got the 10 yards back, it made more sense to not to go for a quick strike. Lousy reasoning, lousy play call, lousy head coach job. You call two plays, you tell everyone, it's gonna be close but we can do it, you have Suisham on the side ready to go in and JC knows not to keep the play alive. You had 7 minutes to go over this and get everyone right(hell i think most players already know this stuff!)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #52
redsk1
The Starter

We can second guess the "conservative" call all day. If Suisham makes the fairly easy kick we win 9-7 most likely and we're all pretty damn happy. He missed.

I would have liked for them to go for the endzone too, but hey, it's not the worst call in the world. JC had about 2 seconds to throw all day. It is what it is. I can see a coach taking the 3 pts. What was it? A 30 some yard FG? 80% chance of 3 pts?

We missed and we lost. It sucks, I would have LOVED to win, but it doesn't really change alot.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

if we were up 9 at the beginning of the 2nd half, i think it's possible dallas plays differently, as long as it was a one score possesion, i think they were confident that they would get it done, as opposed to our coach who doesn't talk about getting it into the endzone. his fear was a catch in bounds, well tell the qb ENDZONE only, tell the receivers NO INBOUND Catches. Geez, this is not rocket science, you PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #54
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
if we were up 9 at the beginning of the 2nd half, i think it's possible dallas plays differently, as long as it was a one score possesion, i think they were confident that they would get it done, as opposed to our coach who doesn't talk about getting it into the endzone. his fear was a catch in bounds, well tell the qb ENDZONE only, tell the receivers NO INBOUND Catches. Geez, this is not rocket science, you PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!
Tell 'em Herm!

LOL.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #55
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Didn't the we beat the Cowboys last year at Dallas with the Burgundy on Burgundy combo?
No, it was burgundy jerseys/white pants for that game. The only other time we wore burgundy on burgundy was the "home" game against Pittsburgh last year.

They are 0-2 in those unis and they're awful. I hope we NEVER see those again.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #56
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
See that is pure 100% coaching and that's the kind of stuff we saw from Gibbs 2....playing not to lose. How about a play action bootleg in that situation? You must think 7 instead of 3. You can't win kicking FG's....simply a terrible call.
gibbs II would have punted, he rarely trusted shazaam to make a 50 yarder especially in a close game where a miss gives the opposing team great field position in a one possession game.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #57
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinfan401 View Post
No smack for Orakpo? He's been a beast this year, but he had Romo in his hands twice yesterday in huge situations and whiffed on both.
He didn't have him by much, not like he lost a wrapup.. Romo is one of the best sack eluders out there, he often makes single people miss
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #58
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Maybe. But my argument wasn't in terms of what uniforms we were wearing won/loss. Mine was a fashion argument: what looks good?
seriously?...seriously???

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #59
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
seriously?...seriously???
Yes, seriously. We look ugly in those all burgundy uniforms. It is not hard to make burgundy and yellow work together but somehow we screw even that up.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

While we worry about Suisham, Texans fans can't be feeling too good about Kris Brown right now. Meanwhile...Go Titans!!!! (2nd fave NFL team)