Clinton Portis 76 29.80%
Antwaan Randle-El 25 9.80%
Carlos Rogers 70 27.45%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2009, 09:18 AM   #46
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: I'm So Done With...

I voted Portis for a variety of reasons, but mainly because there always seems to be a shroud of controversy surrounding him that usually has negative overtones, negativity the team can very well do without in these troubled times.

On the other hand, there have been times during the course of this season when a case could be made for everyone on the list, they've all been highly scrutinized at one time or another.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #47
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
where's your loyalty?
He has never earned it.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #48
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
You know not what you speak of. Moss is here to stretch the field so we can pound and play Joe Gibbs football. Tired of the cutesy WCO. You want a tall player to catch the little slants and stuff, that is not Moss. Utilize his strengths, there are no two NFL players alike. That's my beef with Zorn, he needs to learn to use what he has to advance. You don't ask Kelly to play like Moss and you don't ask Moss to play like TO. If you are a good coach then you know how to use Moss and Kelly to take advantage of what they have to offer.
What does Joe Gibbs have to do with this? Joe Gibbs football requires Joe Gibbs talent, which we don't have. In fact, we didn't have Joe Gibbs talent when he was here the second time! And for Christ sake, can we just drop the whole Joe Gibbs this and Joe Gibbs that, it's really annoying.

What good is stretching the field when a) you don't throw the damn ball more than 20 yrds to begin with and b) when you do, Moss doesn't catch the damn ball.

I'm doubling down Vanna, f*ck Moss!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #49
redsk1
The Starter

I voted CP. He was a great complete back and gives it his all on Sundays but I'm just done w/ this team. He is the face of this team the last 1/2 decade and I'm done w/ it.

I'm done w/ ARE, JC, and Moss a little as well.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #50
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
What does Joe Gibbs have to do with this? Joe Gibbs football requires Joe Gibb talent, which we don't have. In fact, we didn't have Joe Gibbs talent when he was here the second time! And for Christ sake, can we just drop the whole Joe Gibbs this and Joe Gibbs that, it's really annoying.

What good is stretching the field if a) you don't throw the damn ball more than 20 yrds to begin with and b) when you do, Moss doesn't catch the damn ball.

I'm doubling down Vanna, I love Moss!

I totally agree.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #51
MTK
\m/

I find it hard to get too upset with Moss at this point. We're a dink and dunk offense now, and when he does get his few deep shots JC always seems to overthrow him. I would like to see some more screens to get him involved. How many targets is he getting per game right now? I'm betting not too many. He's a Cowboy killer I hope we can get him going this week.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #52
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
I find it hard to get too upset with Moss at this point. We're a dink and dunk offense now, and when he does get his few deep shots JC always seems to overthrow him. I would like to see some more screens to get him involved. How many targets is he getting per game right now? I'm betting not too many. He's a Cowboy killer I hope we can get him going this week.
Cowboy killer for real. If anyone should get up for this game, Tannaman should.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #53
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Rogers for me, easy choice. No tolerance for quitters.
You're right! That is the worst thing a player can do. I should have voted Rogers.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #54
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
I voted CP. He was a great complete back and gives it his all on Sundays but I'm just done w/ this team. He is the face of this team the last 1/2 decade and I'm done w/ it.

I'm done w/ ARE, JC, and Moss a little as well.
Agreed. It was a breath of fresh air to see Betts and Rock back there this past week.

I like Portis and he's been a good Skin. If we were a good team Id definitely want him here. But we are bad and need to rebuild. He's the face of the franchise, and this franchise needs a facelift.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #55
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Clinton Portis = Shaun Alexander

Portis is a broke down back. Every good back hits the wall at some time. Portis has slammed into his.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #56
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Went with ARE horrible, horrible contract for the production we have gotten. Below average receiver and return man...actually if the entire list was cut after this year I could care less at this point
He's crap as a punt returner, and his contract is way too high. But he plays hard, is a good locker-room guy, runs strong routes, and is an effective slot receiver.

Are we probably better off with him gone and moving forward with Kelly, Thomas, and Mitchell? Perhaps

But he's not a guy I'm anxious to see go just to see him go.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #57
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He's crap as a punt returner, and his contract is way too high. But he plays hard, is a good locker-room guy, runs strong routes, and is an effective slot receiver.

Are we probably better off with him gone and moving forward with Kelly, Thomas, and Mitchell? Perhaps

If his contract was more reasonable I think he would have more fans, some just can't get past the contract which isn't his fault in the end anyway. What was he supposed to do turn down the ridiculous offer the team gave him?

My one gripe is just get him off returns already, please Danny Smith!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #58
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
If his contract was more reasonable I think he would have more fans, some just can't get past the contract which isn't his fault in the end anyway. What was he supposed to do turn down the ridiculous offer the team gave him?

My one gripe is just get him off returns already, please Danny Smith!
Yeah, I don't think people are hating on ARE for the hell of it. The contract and his punt returns are the main sticking points. I must say, when given the chance he has shown up in the slot position.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #59
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
Clinton Portis = Shaun Alexander
Portis is a broke down back. Every good back hits the wall at some time. Portis has slammed into his.

Alexander <> Portis. Alexander never was a work horse and carried his team on his back. Alexander is an AP type. After a couple more years you will see AP look like Mr. Softee. You might not like Portis having an I am above the team attitude. You wasn't complaining when Portis was carrying the team to the playoffs. taking a ass whooping in the process. You can call Portis alot of things, but you can not call him Mr. Softee. SQUAWK
Old 11-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Yeah, Ive heard he is a really great locker room guy which is important. And really it was a toss up between him, Portis and Rogers. I would say the least cut-able at this point is Moss and Laron. I think Laron value would increase in another scheme (which the likelyhood of Blache returning is low at this point). On an offense with no playmakers, Moss is all we have. I actually would rather have Moss in the slot at this point, with a reliable vet WR at his spot and one of the following to step up: Thomas/Kelly/Marko at the other starting position for next season. I think our WR position over the past decade has really lacked. We always have one solid starter, but we can never get two solid guys on the field at the sametime. Moss really catches alot of grief b/c of the overall production of WR, which I think is a little unfair. Rogers is gone reagardless at this point. Portis is showing all the signs of a career winding down.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote