Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #46
SkinsHulk
Camp Scrub

Re: Redskins at Bears Post Game Thoughts

OL is going to sink this season if starting bodies like Kory/Chester don't return soon. I hate zone blocking b/c it utilizes undersized guys who are more athletic and not HOGS in the trenches.
Montgomery is a weak center and he seems to always get pushed back.
Hurt was awful last night.

W/O fletcher this defense has no ...leadership?

Referees are F*N needed!!!!

Kyle Shanahan.

Rackers will you be our only kicker?

Banks/Cooley for an OL, any takers?

Rg3 and all 1st team just looked nervous. RG is taking unnecessary hits, sacks, and hits near sideline.

Cooley will never be a FB in this league- he just doesn't get look for contact the way a FB does in open space. If only VLeach respected the skins/Kyle more maybe he would have signed with us instead last year...

I'm just disgusted watching this weak porous OL and RG running around back there wobbly like a new born baby precious deer during hunting season.
SkinsHulk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #47
SkinsHulk
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
This game was way more valuable to RGIII than the last one. He needs adversity to learn.

Let's hope a game-planned D is better than this! Nice to see Cousins have a game--at least our scrubs didn't get housed as well.

More important than how he played is how he reacts to adversity, IMO. Let's see how the kid handles this. Likewise for our rooks on the o-line. It's gonna take time, fellas. Carolina was 6-10 last year, for example.
And they mopped the floor with us!
SkinsHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Only saw the last quarter and half and they looked great...

Cousins, Crawford, Brescoe, Robinson, Kehl and the second string Oline looked great.

Who in particular on the first string Oline played poorly?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #49
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I personally do expect him to have a similar season. I get the feeling that right now they're holding A LOT back. When the regular season starts we probably won't recognize a lot of the offense.

Of course we'll probably start hearing about Cousins in the near future.
I would have to agree with you 100%.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #50
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
I just want the guy who can play the best football at QB in. If thats RG3 great. If its Cousins thats good too. What I don't want is to wait around like we did for Campbell. Personally I think Cousins has the better look in the NFL over RG3 at the moment but its way to early to speculate. One thing is for sure, between the both of them, I think we finally have our QB problems behind us. HTTR!
Very rational thought. Look around the league and you'll see franchise QBs can come from anywhere. They don't have to be high first round draft picks. Hope it's RG3, but if it turns out to be Cousins, so be it. I thought he looked great in the first game as well. Ideally, we end up with a Rivers-Brees situation.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #51
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

I'm happy rg3 struggled. Lets see how he reacts. Fumble wasn't all his fault, RB didn't block the blitzer.

Cousins played against backups lolll.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:01 AM   #52
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Hell Theismann even said Paulsen is the biggest TE in the team, and watching his first catch and injuring a Bear in the collision is a keeper. Did Paul ever catch a ball tonight?
Niles Paul caught four balls, one touchdown.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #53
SBXVII
Franchise Player

OL, OL, OL. In the first game the OL did pretty well but there was really no blitzes. The Bills kept it very plain. This game, to me it seemed, that the OL looked bad but the Bears did a ton more blitzing and maybe more movement prior to the snap. I tried to say it after last weeks game and will brin it up again.....I feel there is a possibility the coaching staff requested the Bills to play plain to give RG3 some in playing time to get used to the sloped of the game and basic looks to see how he would handle it, and the Bears game the coaching staff requested the Bears to use basic blitzes to see if RG3 would pick up on them and know where to adjust his OL, play call, and where his quick releases were.

Yes Cousins played against 2nd and 3rd stringers but he looked better, sharper, and more accurate then Grossman did against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'd make Cousins the backup and develope both young QB's for the future, and let Grossman and Crompton challenge each other for the 3rd spot.

I think Banks ends up simply the PR/KR again. He has not shown enough at WR but we need his return skills. The top 4 WR slots are set Garçon, Moss, Hankerson, and Morgan. I think Robinson and Brisco get the last two. The rest get cut. The team has WR Hank on IR and AA....didn't he get injured also? Can they put him on that list that can come back after 8 weeks if healthy? And if everyone else is performing great then cut him. If we have an injury he could take their spot on the field.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #54
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsHulk View Post
OL is going to sink this season if starting bodies like Kory/Chester don't return soon. I hate zone blocking b/c it utilizes undersized guys who are more athletic and not HOGS in the trenches.
Montgomery is a weak center and he seems to always get pushed back.
Hurt was awful last night.

W/O fletcher this defense has no ...leadership?

Referees are F*N needed!!!!

Kyle Shanahan.

Rackers will you be our only kicker?

Banks/Cooley for an OL, any takers?

Rg3 and all 1st team just looked nervous. RG is taking unnecessary hits, sacks, and hits near sideline.

Cooley will never be a FB in this league- he just doesn't get look for contact the way a FB does in open space. If only VLeach respected the skins/Kyle more maybe he would have signed with us instead last year...

I'm just disgusted watching this weak porous OL and RG running around back there wobbly like a new born baby precious deer during hunting season.
I get it.....the baby precious deer is like a metaphor for RG3?
Well, maybe he'll be like Bambi who began as a precious baby deer and lost his mom and dad (I hope that didn't happen to Robert). Anyway, maybe he'll grow up to kick the shit outta' the hunter.....ehrr NFC East?
Well.....one can only hope.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #55
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

People talk how bad our OL is then get mad when RG3 gets sacked 3 times. RG3 is a pocket passer first then scrambler second. RG3 was going to get hit sooner or later.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #56
Bushead
Impact Rookie

If you think about it, it really was our 2nd team OL against their all start 1st team defensive line.
Bushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I thought RG3 would make our Oline better? Is that not happening? Strange

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #58
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Last night looked like toothpaste on a dog turd. Bootlegs dont work unless you have a really good running game. Otherwise the DE's,OLBr's and Secondary can sit on the bootleg and see it coming a mile away. cause the interior Dline and inside backers can manhandle the skins oline.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #59
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

If I'd have posted last night, I would have been like OMGZZZ!111, but after a good night's sleep and some perspective, I was actually pleased with the play of all our depth guys with the exception of the offensive line.

You never know what you're going to get when it comes to preseason game plans. Did the Bears plan a little more? Maybe so. I thought RG3 looked pretty good as far as QBs go. Didn't get a lot of opportunities when he was running for his life. The passes he did complete I was very happy with.

Cousins looked great against backups, but you can only play the people in the game at that time and I thought he owned them. Good to see he was decisive and good to see Robinson and Briscoe step up.

In the end, Cedric Griffin is not a starting corner. Cutler just picked his ass apart. It was either a quick drop or max protect so that's part of the reason we didn't get there for pressure. I was STILL super pissed we lost over a freaking 57 yard field goal after how well Cousins did in the 2 minute drill.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #60
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I am pretty sure the 91 team went 0-4 in the preseason. Good coaches use the games to learn what their players can, and cannot, do, and plan their regular season accordingly.

Looking forward to next week now!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote