Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #46
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Re: Sally Jenkins Strikes Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
That's why I cant just dismiss all this as nonsense talk, there is so much smoke being blown week in week out that there has to fire somewhere.

Hopefully someone tells RG to shut up and produce.
This would be the best thing to come out of the whole shit storm. My hope is that this very public humbling will drive Griffin even more to become a franchise QB. My only question: when things soured, and Shanny started anonymously sniping through the press, where the hell was Bruce Allen? The Skins became a national joke yet again, and the supposed buffer between the owner and the coach/QB was visibly absent.

Advertisements
Old 01-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #47
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
This would be the best thing to come out of the whole shit storm. My hope is that this very public humbling will drive Griffin even more to become a franchise QB. My only question: when things soured, and Shanny started anonymously sniping through the press, where the hell was Bruce Allen? The Skins became a national joke yet again, and the supposed buffer between the owner and the coach/QB was visibly absent.
Where was Bruce Allen? Man, Bruce Allen won this whole mess. He's now the rare, empowered GM of one of 32 franchises. All he had to do was wait until Mike Shanahan ran himself out of town in comedic fashion.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #48
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Where was Bruce Allen? Man, Bruce Allen won this whole mess. He's now the rare, empowered GM of one of 32 franchises. All he had to do was wait until Mike Shanahan ran himself out of town in comedic fashion.
We'll see how strong Allen's teflon is if the team continues to play like this under a new coach, and Griffin fails to progress as a pro passer.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #49
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
I think he was just allowing Shanahan to give himself more rope. In a way, it was better for the organization for everyone to see how problematic Shanahan was instead of the knee jerk reaction of just blaming Snyder.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #50
MTK
\m/

I think the extent of any relationship RG3 has with Snyder has been seriously overblown.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #51
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes 53m
The mistruths are starting to get out of hand in DC. I've had my opinion on RG3 talking too much but I believe folks are telling lies...

Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes 51m
I saw a report where some "UNNAMED". Source said that RG3 bragged about being able to manipulate the owner...

Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes 50m
So let's walk thru this… If it were true and i don't believe it is… Who would tell anyone that.

Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes 48m
This to me is another example of someone with an agenda making up a story because in today's media, you don't have to confirm sources.
It's odd but there is some resemblance to this story and the stories that came out about McNabb's time here not verbatim word for word but a certain familiar tone. Could there be a correlation to this and the coaches who all just got fired???
Old 01-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

McNabb was a fat lazy ass who couldn't remember the plays. Yet it was all Shanahan's fault. lol.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #53
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
I think the extent of any relationship RG3 has with Snyder has been seriously overblown.
I know a few people who have done sports reporting in the past and they often told me that reality was often much worse than what was reported.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #54
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
McNabb was a fat lazy ass who couldn't remember the plays. Yet it was all Shanahan's fault. lol.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Not that III and McNabb have any similarities as players but the way the staff treated them in the press after they weren't their "problem" anymore
Old 01-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

It all comes down to the fact Shanny is a super control freak and anything outside of his control rubbed him the wrong way. He got bent over Snyder having Thanksgiving dinner with the team's QB? Not sure you can get more childish.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #56
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I know a few people who have done sports reporting in the past and they often told me that reality was often much worse than what was reported.
Or it could be the exact opposite where a story is created out of nothing... two sides to every coin.

Let's just win again and watch all the negative BS go bye bye
Old 01-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #57
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
It's odd but there is some resemblance to this story and the stories that came out about McNabb's time here not verbatim word for word but a certain familiar tone. Could there be a correlation to this and the coaches who all just got fired???
It's obvious now that McNabb wasn't 100% the bad guy like we all thought at the time.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #58
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

RGIII is so unpopular with his team, try again Sally:

Griffin III Named Ed Block Courage Winner

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #59
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Are you saying that RGIII lacks cardiovascular endurance?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #60
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
It all comes down to the fact Shanny is a super control freak and anything outside of his control rubbed him the wrong way. He got bent over Snyder having Thanksgiving dinner with the team's QB? Not sure you can get more childish.
Rat Face obviously has issues, but lets not think RG3 is the saint either. I think this goes way beyond a dinner. I think the words reported were that RG3 and Snyder became "isolated" lol. According to Paulsen, a couple of the players even approached RG3 on his relationship with the owner. Then you have Cousins come out and say..."well Mr. Sndyer and RG3 will pick the next coach"...lol... slip by Cousins but you get the point.

Anyway...I'm sure the coaches being interviewed are aware of this hot mess and will proceed with caution.
Closed Thread