Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: It's DALLASS WEEK 2013 (Part 1)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
If Dallas drops 56 points on us, we deserve to lose.

It is extremely concerning that they dropped 50 points on an A+++ Broncos team, but Skins-Boys games are almost always close.

The Boys are just like us (or at least how we were in the past); they play up or down depending on their competition. They played up to the Broncos, they'll play down with us.
The Broncos D is a bit in shambles right now. I would say their offense is A+++, but their defense is in the C- range. I am more concerned in a couple of weeks when we are going up against that A+++ offense.
R.I.P. #21

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This is the last thing we need to do. We don't have the type of offense to go all pass happy. We need to do what won us the division. Run Morris til he drops and keep their offense off the field.
Yeah, I didnt say make this the premise of our offense. Establish the run for sure, but mix in some spread sets. Broncos had alot of success trying to defend them

He Gets Us
Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #48
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Pretty much how I feel about this week.

I really don't know what to expect from this team in terms of effort.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I agree, I want to say we have a 50-50 chance to win but after the first 4 games I would not bet on us
Old 10-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #50
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

The bye changed everything for us last year. We looked like a different team after the bye. The glass-half-full person in me thinks that the same thing will happen and we will leave Dallas with a win.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I gotta feeling the offense is going into the game will be the most prepared of the season.

Looking at the schedule, I wasnt thrilled with the bye position, now I dont think it coulda come at a better time.

He Gets Us
Old 10-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #52
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Looking at the schedule, I wasnt thrilled with the bye position, now I dont think it coulda come at a better time.
I agree, but the only problem with that is if they come out with more of the same crap play, than there is no off-week that'll stop the slide.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Who doesn't think that the team came in, like a lot of us fans, thinking they would be able to stroll to a 3-1 record at the bye. Reality came hard and fast, but like Chico said, I think this bye comes at a very good time. They were getting there feet under them, but take the week put the first quarter behind them, and come out ready to jumpstart the season.

The fact that the other teams in the division didn't start out fast gives the team a good opportunity to get back in the hunt, and other than Dallas, I think Philly and NYG end up with losses to GB and Detroit, Dallas may split those.

Bottom line, it's time for the Skins to step up, and I think they can, and I think they will.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #54
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I agree, but the only problem with that is if they come out with more of the same crap play, than there is no off-week that'll stop the slide.
If the Redskins go 1-4 after Sunday Night, BYE weeks won't matter any more. The only thing we will all be talking about is how the only team they will have beaten is a Raiders team with a QB they cut and a back up RB.

Let's face it, the fate of the rest of the Redskins season will be determined this Sunday. I know they came back from 3-6 last year, but we havent seen a really competent team show up yet this year. At 3-6 they were at least decent looking at times last year and could score points. This year's team has been blown out before half time on 2 occasions. That really scares me against an explosive Cowboys Offense.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #55
Mechanix544
The Starter

**** the cowboys. In the ass, no vasoline. That is all.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #56
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
If the Redskins go 1-4 after Sunday Night, BYE weeks won't matter any more. The only thing we will all be talking about is how the only team they will have beaten is a Raiders team with a QB they cut and a back up RB.

Let's face it, the fate of the rest of the Redskins season will be determined this Sunday. I know they came back from 3-6 last year, but we havent seen a really competent team show up yet this year. At 3-6 they were at least decent looking at times last year and could score points. This year's team has been blown out before half time on 2 occasions. That really scares me against an explosive Cowboys Offense.
Exactly.Offense was clicking last yr and Rg3 was a stud,not the case this yr.I dont think theres going to be a magical fix that happened over the bye week.Like a few have said,we got lucky facing Oakland with Flynn.
Combine how bad weve been playing with how good Romos been playing along with our suckass record in primetime and playing In dallas this could easily be another blowout by halftime.

We can hope and pray that the rest has worked wonders on Rg3 and getting the 2 players off suspension will give us the boost we need,sure hope so.

I have heard nothing on the status of Morris and Paulson,anybody have an update on them?
Old 10-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #57
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Last year, the team looked like crap at 3-6, especially that game against the Steelers...it was probably one of the lowest points of the season IMO.
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #58
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Last year, the team looked like crap at 3-6, especially that game against the Steelers...it was probably one of the lowest points of the season IMO.
I agree. We were awful in the Steelers game. I would add the Panthers game, too, as a sad showing. People are remembering 2012's 3-6 too fondly IMO.

Further, if we have a bye turnaround this year, it will be after 4 games, not 9.

My optimism continues.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #59
scowan
The Starter

I'm hoping for a better effort by our Defense with some guys coming back, but realistically, the Redskins are going to need to score 30+ to stay with the Cowboys. Here is to hoping the first 4 games and a bye week are enough to shake the rust off RGIII. I just hope his mechanics are better and he starts to look more like the RGIII of 2012. He may not be able to out run guys any more, but we really just need him to be more mobile and throw better than he has in September.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #60
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

If you live in the DMV, time to head out to the bar. Free shot if you have on Skins gear and for every INT Romo throws!

D.C. Bar Offers Redskins Fans Free Shots for Every Tony Romo INT in Week 6 | Bleacher Report

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Closed Thread