Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Doesn't Lay The Smack Down (Mooby Does) (Redskins V. Cardinals)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #46
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Re: Smoot Doesn't Lay The Smack Down (Mooby Does) (Redskins V. Cardinals)

I watched the game yesterday and was looking for Hankerson, but it did not appear that he got on the field. Did anyone see him play? I dont think he was on the inactive list was he?
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #47
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
I watched the game yesterday and was looking for Hankerson, but it did not appear that he got on the field. Did anyone see him play? I dont think he was on the inactive list was he?
He was inactive
Old 09-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #48
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Since the mods aren't present, I'll get this started. Feel free to start the Studs thread too.

Special Teams: More specifically, whoever failed to block Calais Campbell on that chip shot field goal that people are blaming Gano for. Was Gano supposed to block for his kick too? Come on people.

Red zone offense: 2 for 7? Not good. Next point ties into this.

Bad Rex Grossman: The second pick wasn't his fault but the first one was, and as well all know turning the ball over in the red zone is a BFD. We're lucky it didn't matter in the end, but it very easily could've.

2nd half defense: They ran roughshod over us in the second half. Now 2nd half injuries to our corners didn't help, but we could be looking at a different outcome if they had ran the ball a little more at the end.

Feel free to add to this, this is just my preliminary list.
Agree with the Gano kick- apparently the media does also
Quote:
*There was clearly a malfunction in what resulted as Campbell’s blocked field-goal try on Gano’s 30-yard attempt. Campbell was basically unblocked when he stormed through the line.
Redskins-Cardinals: Instant analysis

Red Zone: I'm not sure if it was the play calls or what but it needs fixed. On to your next point.

Rex Grossman: The only complaint I had all day was Rex seemed to be throwing a little high. It's better then McNabbs dirt balls but it leads to possible interceptions. I don't blame Rex for either of his two interceptions. On the first it looked to me like Moss cut in and was supposed to immediatly cut back out for the reception, however after Moss cut in it appeared he lost his footing, slipped, or something and tried to dive for the ball. On Rex's second interception Rex did throw too high but the receiver (whom I thought was TE Davis) tipped the ball up. I'm not sure if Davis could have jumbed, dived or whatever but all he did was put his hand up and tip the ball then failed to try and run over the defender for the ball.

2nd half defense: For a group that probably gets very little practice time together with the 1st stringers I'll commend them. However we definitly need a FS who can run sideline to sideline and knows where to be.

OL: did a great job of creating holes for the RB's.

WR: err Moss did a great job. Hello do we have any other WR's? Armstrong, Austin, Hankerson, Paul? Thankfully our TE Davis showed up again. Is there something wrong with Austin? he seemed to catch everything during preseason. I guess it's just the Moss show for now.

LB's and DL: superb. Awsome. Keep up the good work.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #49
SBXVII
Franchise Player

On a side note with nit picking the team....

Is it just me or does it seem like the Center (whoever they are) is hiking the ball a little high? I guess I should just be glad he's doing a good job blocking but it looks like Rex has to jump up to catch the ball almost everytime before back peddling which to me looks to be waisting precious half seconds.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #50
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He was inactive
Ah I missed that on the website...thanks Matty
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #51
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
On a side note with nit picking the team....

Is it just me or does it seem like the Center (whoever they are) is hiking the ball a little high? I guess I should just be glad he's doing a good job blocking but it looks like Rex has to jump up to catch the ball almost everytime before back peddling which to me looks to be waisting precious half seconds.
Unfortunately Rabach taught Will Montgomery how to snap the ball.

On a serious note, I didn't see it happen much in the first half. But I saw it happen a couple of times during the second half.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #52
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Skins shot themselves for sure. Last week we got good Dhall. This week it was good Dhall minus one huge blown coverage.

If we lost the game, he and Rex would've been the biggest culprits.
One big play to one of the best WRS in the NFL is not bad in my book. The timing of the play was not the best but I think Hall had a great day.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #53
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Very hard to come up with any smackdown this week, only a couple:

- Rex - 1st INT was unacceptable. If we're ever gonna beat the good teams we'll have to play near-perfect and throws like that will kill us.

- Rex - please get some heels or something, I can't take the tipped balls anymore, I think I counted 20.

- 2nd half D - some gutsy stops but the Cards seemed to move the ball at will. I think they ran that stupid shotgun draw play successfully 6 straight times. If not for Westbrook causing the fumble we likely lose the game.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #54
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
very hard to come up with any smackdown this week, only a couple:

- rex - 1st int was unacceptable. If we're ever gonna beat the good teams we'll have to play near-perfect and throws like that will kill us.

- rex - please get some heels or something, i can't take the tipped balls anymore, i think i counted 20.

- 2nd half d - some gutsy stops but the cards seemed to move the ball at will. I think they ran that stupid shotgun draw play successfully 6 straight times. If not for westbrook causing the fumble we likely lose the game.
lmfao!!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #55
Player_HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
lmfao!!!!!
It's funny because it's true.
Player_HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #56
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post

- Rex - 1st INT was unacceptable. If we're ever gonna beat the good teams we'll have to play near-perfect and throws like that will kill us.

- Rex - please get some heels or something, I can't take the tipped balls anymore, I think I counted 20.

- 2nd half D - some gutsy stops but the Cards seemed to move the ball at will. I think they ran that stupid shotgun draw play successfully 6 straight times. If not for Westbrook causing the fumble we likely lose the game.
Elevator Shoes | Height Increasing Shoes for Men | Richlee Shoe Company

Last edited by Hog1; 09-19-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #57
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Smackdown on Haslett. I think our defensive scheme was lackluster in the 2nd half. Kolb had a terrible 1st half and our secondary played relatively well early in the game. We should have come out (defensively) in the 3rd quarter expecting them to try to pound the pigskin w/ Wells, as they did. We should have put more guys in the box and not let them get anything going. Something is up w/ the right side defensively as most of the big gains on the ground seem to go there. Orakpo struggling in run defense/containment? Doughty? Hard for me to say.

Also within the defense Cofield looked very average today i.e. no impact out there. Why didn't Nield get more action today?
Because the Cardinals get the ball out quicker than the DLineman can get out of their 3 point stances.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:02 AM   #58
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post

The Shanahans and Moss all have stated that Moss is to blame for the pick. Moss decided to improvise his own stuff instead of running the route as designed.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:49 AM   #59
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think in the second half, the Cards took advantage of our banged up secondary to run the ball. They came out several times in the spread, and given the status of the secondary, we didn't pressure much and defended the pass trying to contain Fitz. Of course, they ran the ball very well against our spread defense. If Wilson doesn't get hurt, we probably do a better job against the run.

Although NTs are not supposed to be flashy on a 3-4, I do agree with you that Cofield has looked very average. I'd be curious to see what the folks that review the games can say about his play. I just hated seeing getting manhandled by the Giants' rookie center last week.
With the exception of just a couple of plays where the Cards won the line of scrimmage (not enough to change the course of the game), their best play was draw with Beanie Wells.

In short, we had different DL personnel in the game throughout the second half, and so we struggled to make the adjustment to the Cards running so many draws. Plus, it didn't help that Rocky got blocked out of one play by a receiver and ran past the back another time.

It was nice that the Cardinals found a rushing play that worked for them, but the biggest actual (sustainable) difference in the second half was the injuries in our secondary and the matchups the Cards were able to win on the outside.

They had the Fitzgerald-Hall matchup there all day, but it took considerable injury and short passing for them to set up that double move. Give them credit on that one: they saved it for a good time, and it really should have been a clinching TD. We were lucky to escape with a win.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #60
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Agree with the Gano kick- apparently the media does also

Redskins-Cardinals: Instant analysis

Red Zone: I'm not sure if it was the play calls or what but it needs fixed. On to your next point.

Rex Grossman: The only complaint I had all day was Rex seemed to be throwing a little high. It's better then McNabbs dirt balls but it leads to possible interceptions. I don't blame Rex for either of his two interceptions. On the first it looked to me like Moss cut in and was supposed to immediatly cut back out for the reception, however after Moss cut in it appeared he lost his footing, slipped, or something and tried to dive for the ball. On Rex's second interception Rex did throw too high but the receiver (whom I thought was TE Davis) tipped the ball up. I'm not sure if Davis could have jumbed, dived or whatever but all he did was put his hand up and tip the ball then failed to try and run over the defender for the ball.

2nd half defense: For a group that probably gets very little practice time together with the 1st stringers I'll commend them. However we definitly need a FS who can run sideline to sideline and knows where to be.

OL: did a great job of creating holes for the RB's.

WR: err Moss did a great job. Hello do we have any other WR's? Armstrong, Austin, Hankerson, Paul? Thankfully our TE Davis showed up again. Is there something wrong with Austin? he seemed to catch everything during preseason. I guess it's just the Moss show for now.

LB's and DL: superb. Awsome. Keep up the good work.
Did you forget about this guy? He's played pretty well.

Jabar Gaffney, WR for the Washington Redskins at NFL.com