Old 09-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #46
Mechanix544
The Starter

Re: Skins vs Cardinals pre-game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
42 Skins
28 Cards

With better run blocking; Hightower has a great game against his former team; gets 150 on the ground and 2 tds. Grossman has a solid game, 3 tds, 1 int. Banks has a punt return TD. Gano misses 2 FG's. Fitzgerald has a good game, and so will Wells, but we get to 2-0 with no scares.
so, say this does happen. Does he have a job going forward on Monday?

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #47
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Oh yeah keep in mind that this is a 10 AM kickoff for the Cardinals. They'll have to be at the stadium at around 7 or 8 am Arizona time to get ready, which in all honesty is kind of bull.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 09-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #48
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

When do they fly out to the DC area? Don't they fly down around Thursday or Friday? I think that is more than enough to recover any inter-continental jetlag.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #49
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
When do they fly out to the DC area? Don't they fly down around Thursday or Friday? I think that is more than enough to recover any inter-continental jetlag.
It depends, but teams usually don't fly into town until the day before. Playing an early game is kinda tough. 1 PM here, 10 AM back home.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #50
53Fan
Franchise Player

I don't have a predicted score yet but I can see Shannahan pointing out mistakes from the Giants game and this team going out to prove it wasn't a fluke. I think we'll play well enough to win........BIG.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #51
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I've held off on the Redskins optimism through what was a pretty darn awesome win because now they have a home game against Arizona and it's a game they really should win. If it's a better team than I and many others had projected at the beginning of the season, the Redskins should take care of the Cardinals without much of a struggle at home.

There are two "easy" home games on the entire schedule: this week, and when San Francisco comes in. Regardless of what happens in the other six (now five) home games, these are the two that will separate a season like we had in 2008 (8-8) from a season like we had in 2005 (10-6, or better).

We crushed the 49ers in 2005, and we crushed the Lions in 2007. In years the Redskins have gone to the playoffs, they crushed the bad teams they played at home.

So you know what? I thought this was a 6 or 7 win team. If I'm wrong, and these guys are really an 8 or 9 win team, then while beating the Giants is nice, go out there and beat down a team you should beat down. Win by two TDs or more.

I think we'll have our answer about what kind of team the Redskins are after this week. Are we similar to the teams that beat the 49ers by five TDs in 2005 and beat the Lions by 4 TDs in 2007? Or is this like the 2008 team that got beat by the Rams at home? There will not be any secrets after this week.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

^GTripp you view any tape with analysis?

He Gets Us
Old 09-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #53
vallin21
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
so, say this does happen. Does he have a job going forward on Monday?
If you're asking me, we should tryout some K's in Monday if he has a bad game. We're gonna be in some close games, and IMO when the games on the line, Gano chokes. But Shanahan has A LOT of faith, and confidence in Gano, so that probably won't happen.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #54
53Fan
Franchise Player

I agree GTripp. This game should tell whether we're contenders or pretenders. Good teams don't lay down and they beat teams they're suppose to beat. This one should tell a lot about our season and I don't think that is lost on guys like Fletcher. Let's do it.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #55
skinsfan69
Living Legend

If this is going to be a good team then this is a game that must be won. A home game against a below average team that has to travel cross country and play a 9am game their time.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #56
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I've held off on the Redskins optimism through what was a pretty darn awesome win because now they have a home game against Arizona and it's a game they really should win. If it's a better team than I and many others had projected at the beginning of the season, the Redskins should take care of the Cardinals without much of a struggle at home.

There are two "easy" home games on the entire schedule: this week, and when San Francisco comes in. Regardless of what happens in the other six (now five) home games, these are the two that will separate a season like we had in 2008 (8-8) from a season like we had in 2005 (10-6, or better).

We crushed the 49ers in 2005, and we crushed the Lions in 2007. In years the Redskins have gone to the playoffs, they crushed the bad teams they played at home.

So you know what? I thought this was a 6 or 7 win team. If I'm wrong, and these guys are really an 8 or 9 win team, then while beating the Giants is nice, go out there and beat down a team you should beat down. Win by two TDs or more.

I think we'll have our answer about what kind of team the Redskins are after this week. Are we similar to the teams that beat the 49ers by five TDs in 2005 and beat the Lions by 4 TDs in 2007? Or is this like the 2008 team that got beat by the Rams at home? There will not be any secrets after this week.
I completely agree. This game will serve as a marker for the first half of the season, barring any major injuries or setbacks. If they can hang 28 points on the Cards or beat them by a couple of scores, I think this team is headed in the right direction regardless of what happens in Dallas in week three.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #57
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
If you're asking me, we should tryout some K's in Monday if he has a bad game. We're gonna be in some close games, and IMO when the games on the line, Gano chokes. But Shanahan has A LOT of faith, and confidence in Gano, so that probably won't happen.
Shanny has shown he's never afraid to bring in competition if it'll help the team, no matter how much allegiance he's shown to a guy. So if Gano goes out and sucks it up this week too, we can probably expect to see some kicker tryouts eventually. I can't believe Gano was perfect in preseason and then went out and missed a 39 yard field goal on his first kick of the season. He needs to get his mind right.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #58
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I don't know. 3 nights doesn't seem like enough time to adjust to a morning game if you ask me. On the plus side it keeps them out of trouble with the night club scene. Who knows, maybe I feel sympathetic due to the fact that I've been dealing with insomnia for a while now.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 09-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #59
warriorzpath

I think it's too early to judge if an NFL team is good, bad, or average -- especially with such an seemingly unusual feeling so far with this season.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

when are the injury reports posted? is it tonite or tomorrow?

He Gets Us
Closed Thread