Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Moderator Poll

Parking Lot

View Poll Results: Who is the super-coolest Moderator?
MattyK 9 26.47%
Bozzy 1 2.94%
JoeCrisp 9 26.47%
BrudLee 2 5.88%
Ramseyfan 3 8.82%
RedskinRat 1 2.94%
smootsmack 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2004, 11:59 AM   #46
MTK
\m/

Do I have to start tossing out some serious bribes?

How about a bribe that I can actually deliver on unlike some of the other stuff that is going on here, LOL.

Vote for me and I will hook up with the Redskins avatar of your choice. How's that for buying votes!
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2004, 12:19 PM   #47
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

BL... your rundown was freaking hysterical. Also, Happy Birthday! We who were born in '70 have to stick up for each other. Mighty fine year, 1970 was.

SmootSmack... if you provide the brown liquor, I'll bring my guit-fiddle too. It's much much MUCH easier to find redheads with a Telecaster strapped on! Lord knows my "charming personality" and "average white boy looks" just don't cut it. Also, since SkinsRock digs blondes, we should have no problem not stepping on each other's toes.

Matty... (that's Matty K to you bitches) I like the way you yield power... either bow down to the powers that be or find your Warpath account "accidentaly" deleted. Way to swing that blade!

Paul Woody... BL is right. Quit ripping off our man JoeCrisp. Loser.

To All... this has got to be the funniest damn thread I've ever read here. Good stuff!
Old 06-04-2004, 01:19 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

obviously my point was lost you on DBB

hmmm, I might have to "review" your account tonight

LOL
Old 06-04-2004, 01:25 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsRock
Ok, you all do a great job, but after much debating between a couple of you (yeah, "the founder" and "the reporter"), I have finally placed my vote for you Smootsmack instead for remembering me and my geetar skillz! :headbange ROCK ON!!!

Oh, and I prefer blondes...
Say no more SkinsRock, here's what we have in stock at the Smack Shack:

Old 06-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #50
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
obviously my point was lost you on DBB

hmmm, I might have to "review" your account tonight

LOL
Hehehe... nope, your point wasn't lost at all! Sometimes you just gotta be the fly in authority's ointment. That and some people actually call me a smart ass right to my face. Can you believe that?!?! The nerve! Sheesh.

While you're "reviewing" my account, could you slide a couple hundred over from savings to checking for me? I gotta cover that check I wrote this morning.

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #51
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Do I have to start tossing out some serious bribes?

How about a bribe that I can actually deliver on unlike some of the other stuff that is going on here, LOL.

Vote for me and I will hook up with the Redskins avatar of your choice. How's that for buying votes!
Thats all I wanted to hear, change my vote to Matty and ill work on getting a pic of Portis or Taylor in their Canes uniform, hehehehe
Old 06-04-2004, 02:06 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

no changing of votes, sorry skinsncanes you shoulda voted for THE MAN to start with.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:11 PM   #53
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

man ive been bugging you about the different avatar for a month now. And then you use my suggestion agaisnt me to buy votes later!!!
Old 06-04-2004, 03:13 PM   #54
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES
man ive been bugging you about the different avatar for a month now. And then you use my suggestion agaisnt me to buy votes later!!!
Ooooohhh!!! Now that's just bad politics right there, Matty!
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:14 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

It's a harsh world skinsncanes, what else can I say?

As Mick Jagger said, You can't always get what you want!
Old 06-04-2004, 04:17 PM   #56
MTK
\m/

on a serious note regarding the avatars, once camp gets going and there are more pics available of the new players I'll get a whole new crop of avatars going. You'll have your Portis soon enough skinsncanes.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #57
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

Quote:
Hehehe.. Mick also said "Yeah, yeah, yeah, do the Harlem Shuffle". What's that got to do with what you said, you must be asking? Absolutely nothing! I heard the tune just a few minutes ago and felt like sharing.

Anyhow, on the subject of avatars (and I know this has been beaten to death in the past), are you really considering letting us pick them? I have a sweet picture of Butz (resized to 100x100) with his ultra battle-scarred helmet that would be really cool to use...

I do like the idea of picking our own, but as was discussed in a thread some time ago, I'd hate to see that their use screw up the clean and simple layout (which I love) that the site has. That simply wouldn't do!
Old 06-04-2004, 05:06 PM   #58
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Butz Baby!
Anyhow, on the subject of avatars (and I know this has been beaten to death in the past), are you really considering letting us pick them? I have a sweet picture of Butz (resized to 100x100) with his ultra battle-scarred helmet that would be really cool to use...

I do like the idea of picking our own, but as was discussed in a thread some time ago, I'd hate to see that their use screw up the clean and simple layout (which I love) that the site has. That simply wouldn't do!
I don't think it would be a problem, as long as all avatars are the same, standard size we use now. Once you get into letting guys throw whatever they want on there, regardless of size or relevance, that's when it really starts to make the board look messy and disorganized. That's something I really dislike about some of the other boards. I'm all for individuality, but some of that stuff just detracts from the quality and appearance of the board, and distracts readers from the discussion at hand.

That's just my . I think a Dave Butz avatar for DBB! would be really cool.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:22 PM   #59
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
It's a harsh world skinsncanes, what else can I say?

man ya dont vote for a guy and the bad guys comes out of him, I see how it is...
Old 06-04-2004, 05:45 PM   #60
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
I don't think it would be a problem, as long as all avatars are the same, standard size we use now. Once you get into letting guys throw whatever they want on there, regardless of size or relevance, that's when it really starts to make the board look messy and disorganized. That's something I really dislike about some of the other boards. I'm all for individuality, but some of that stuff just detracts from the quality and appearance of the board, and distracts readers from the discussion at hand.

That's just my . I think a Dave Butz avatar for DBB! would be really cool.
I completely agree... the "cleanness" of this board is one of the things that attracted me here in the first place. I hate going on boards where the posts have five pictures in their sigs, ten waving flags, non-topical avatars, different sizes, etc etc etc. Unlike Penthouse, I actually read this board for the articles and am not interested in seeing a thousand people try their hand (mostly badly) at Photoshop. The pic I found of Butz was bigger, but I actually reduced it to 102x102 pixels to match the other ones. You can still really see the gouges in his helmet... great stuff!

And yes.. I completely agree that DBB! should have a Dave Butz avatar! Ade Jimoh Fan Club should get an Ade, Smootsmack should get his #21 pic, SBF should get a pic of a guy in a leather hat slinging the ball....