Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

AH trade II La Canfora insists AH is indeed on the trading block.

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #46
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Re: AH trade II La Canfora insists AH is indeed on the trading block.

I find that Shanahan's comments about having 2 sacks or more meaning there's something wrong either really stupid, just a complete fabrication, or disinformation.

Unless Shanahan wants to burn bridges with his buddy in Schefter, I don't see him so blatantly lying to Schefter.

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #47
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Who knows what to believe about Albert Haynesworth anymore? There have been so many different stories circulating over the last several weeks it would take a genius to unravel them all. His threads are about to eclipse those of LaVar Arrington and I really thought that would take some doing.

Thursday can't come fast enough for me, maybe then some of these stories will begin to subside.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #48
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
It doesnt freaking matter. If someone offers a first round pick for McNabb, we might take the deal.

Every player is considered as trade-able if the right offer comes along. There is obviously a bit more with AH, but I think the position thing is a bit blown out of proportion.

Also, he was clearly out of shape and did better in TN when he did his own thing. Why not pay big bucks to get in shape, the way you think is best for you? Doesnt matter what is expected, as long as he shows and is in shape who cares? I have a feeling this is all going to blow over after AH shows up to manditory workouts and is in shape.
skipping workouts is one thing. skipping a new regime's minicamp where you need to learn how to play a new position is completely different.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #49
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
skipping workouts is one thing. skipping a new regime's minicamp where you need to learn how to play a new position is completely different.
The good part about the position he plays is that there's not a whole lot to learn he dosen't already know or haven't seen. He knows already how to take on double teams, everything else is commonplace.

I believe the FO is over the skipping mini-camp part because there's nothing that can be done about that, the conceren now is that he's going to hold true to the promise he made to the coaching staff that he would report to mandatory activities in shape and ready to play.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #50
SouperMeister
Playmaker

The stupidity of the AH situation is how Snyderato structured his contract. Here is a guy with questionable character, and within 14 months, he has been paid $30M+ of the $40M that was guaranteed in the deal. Don't blame AH for being a douchebag. We give him a boatload of money up front, and expect him to be a model citizen after giving him all the carrots ($$$) that could have been used to incentivize him. Snyder is sorely lacking in his understanding human nature. At this point, Haynesworth is a cancer that should be removed.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #51
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

DON'T TRADE AH, DON'T TRADE AH, DON'T TRADE AH. We let him go watch our sack total go down.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #52
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
The stupidity of the AH situation is how Snyderato structured his contract. Here is a guy with questionable character, and within 14 months, he has been paid $30M+ of the $40M that was guaranteed in the deal. Don't blame AH for being a douchebag. We give him a boatload of money up front, and expect him to be a model citizen after giving him all the carrots ($$$) that could have been used to incentivize him. Snyder is sorely lacking in his understanding human nature. At this point, Haynesworth is a cancer that should be removed.
Why? Because he spoke out against the terrible coaching staff we had last year? Or because he wants to play a position where he fits the best? Really, are people that blind to want to bitch and whine about a particular player and miss the big picture completely?

Aren't we the same fanbase that bitches about Landry playing out of position? Or bitched about not playing Orakpo as a 4-3 DE?
R.I.P. #21
Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Adam Schefter on Sirius right now again defended his belief that AH will not be traded. He said 2 separate sources told him that. Also said he's not naive to think that they might not have been blowing smoke, and that if they could trade him they might for the right price. And finally that it's not just that we aren't shopping him, but that the market for him is probably shaky because of the known knocks on AH.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #54
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Why? Because he spoke out against the terrible coaching staff we had last year? Or because he wants to play a position where he fits the best? Really, are people that blind to want to bitch and whine about a particular player and miss the big picture completely?

Aren't we the same fanbase that bitches about Landry playing out of position? Or bitched about not playing Orakpo as a 4-3 DE?
Yeah it's OK for them to bitch about it, but if the player does it he's a diva. AH please have a Snicker Bar.

DON'T TRADE AH, DON'T TRADE AH.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #55
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
AH please have a Snicker Bar.
AH, Don't eat the Snicker bars, Don't eat the Snicker bars, Don't eat the Snicker Bars, Don't eat the Snicker bars!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #56
internetcareer
Camp Scrub

I don't know what some of you are upset about. Haynesworth is working out, and Shanny is planning on killing him in Summer Camp. I laughed when Shanny said "I hope he comes in here and proves me wrong".

Albert...hey Fat Al...better bring your water bottle when you come to camp. You're going to "Paris Island" buddy. Report for Duty in August. (And by the way Al... where do you want to be buried)
Old 04-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #57
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Adam Schefter on Sirius right now again defended his belief that AH will not be traded. He said 2 separate sources told him that. Also said he's not naive to think that they might not have been blowing smoke, and that if they could trade him they might for the right price. And finally that it's not just that we aren't shopping him, but that the market for him is probably shaky because of the known knocks on AH.

Wow, points that actually make sense? I don't want to hear that. Jared LaCanfora and Jason Reid's witchunt against Al is much more interesting...
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #58
internetcareer
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetcareer View Post
Here is a case where one of the so called "media experts" predicts something. If it happens the guy is a genius. If it doesn't then he CLAIMS that nobody was willing to pay the price.
HERE is what I wrote the other day. Now it is coming true as the media experts are beginning to backtrack and use the old excuse " oh teams are just cautious because of what they're hearing".

yea, and if Bradford doesn't go number 1 then they can say "oh, teams were just worried about his shoulder".

Settle down people. These idiots in the media are payed good money to start rumors and start trouble. Its their life. Its all they do.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #59
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetcareer View Post
HERE is what I wrote the other day. Now it is coming true as the media experts are beginning to backtrack and use the old excuse " oh teams are just cautious because of what they're hearing".

yea, and if Bradford doesn't go number 1 then they can say "oh, teams were just worried about his shoulder".

Settle down people. These idiots in the media are payed good money to start rumors and start trouble. Its their life. Its all they do.
My life feels worthless now....thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #60
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Ugh my head hurts. You sure love those crazy scenarios BHA.
It's like a blog speculation gumbo often times haha

Every possibility halfway reported rolled into one

how are they going to trade down with another team.. and still send us the pick? what?
Closed Thread