Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Around the NFL week 12

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #46
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the NFL week 12

Last week's loss will be the ultimate xfactor. Saints lost today but if we were 6-5 we'd only be a game behind them. Nfc is too stacked, Romo just said 10 wins isn't even a lock. That's unreal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 11-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'd rather have Sean McVay than Jay Gruden. Dude is doing more with less.
They have a top 3 RB and top 10 D. To be fair

Old 11-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #48
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

That same RB and D went 4-12 last year.
Coaching matters.

McVay has done a great job with Goff
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #49
MTK
\m/

Quote:

And they don’t have 15 guys on IR
Old 11-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm not saying mcvay isn't good, in fact I've been saying he'll be COY since our game. The point is, they have a great RB that scares teams and a D line that is amazing. It's not an excuse it's truth. Plus Goff is really good

Old 11-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
And they don’t have 15 guys on IR
U look at all the playoff teams right now and you'll see 90% of the teams have had little to no major injuries. It's like that every yr for teams not named NE. Before Dallas lost Lee and Zeke, most had them a threat.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #52
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I'm not saying mcvay isn't good, in fact I've been saying he'll be COY since our game. The point is, they have a great RB that scares teams and a D line that is amazing. It's not an excuse it's truth. Plus Goff is really good

It is an excuse.
Gurley averaged 3.2 yards a carry and didn’t break 900yards rushing last.
Goff was considered a bust.

Gurleys success year has a lot to do with Goff playing well this year.
Teams can’t stack the box anymore.
The same goes for Goff, play nickel D to stop the pass and Gurley is going to kill you.

McVay has talent in key areas and has done a good job with that talent.
At the end of the day the only thing that matters is winning. The reasons given for not winning are excuses.

Aaron Donald is a beast and I think he is the best Dlinemen in the league but I have to give McVay credit for hiring Wade Phillips.

I hope I don’t sound like a McVay homer. I don’t give a shit about the rams but I’m in an envious mood right now looking at some of the success the Vikings rams and eagles are having. These were all shit teams 2 seasons ago now they are division leaders and could make a run in the playoffs.

The Redskins on the otherhand won the division 2 years ago and has shit the bed since.

I’m tired of whatever reason Gruden Is giving us for not winning.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #53
Eagles1
Camp Scrub

Eagles lost their starting LT (Peters), MLB (Hicks), RB (Sproles) and best special team player (Marigos). Injuries happen, it’s all about having depth to survive. There are injuroes that kill seasons (Rodgers) but good teams can overcome most. Skins have had injuroes stack up at key position groups and they don’t have the depth to overcome them.

McVay > Gruden
Eagles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #54
MTK
\m/

Around the NFL week 12

There’s a point where injuries press your depth to the breaking point. When you’re down 4 starters on the OL as we’ve been several times this year, I don’t care who you are nobody has that kind of depth. We’ve started 3 guys at center this year, I’d love to see any team deal with that and not miss a beat. I don’t think McVay would like quite as good if he had to deal with our level of injuries.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:47 PM   #55
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Am I the only one who thinks the skins look like they're going in the right direction here? We had a shit D last year, added some good players, and the D is better. Is it good enough? No. We're a draft or two from that. But it's better. And the O has played well overall, IMO. And that's without Reed, lots of oline, 2 thousand yard WRS, etc. Stability at coach and a good QB, plus good player moves. If we can do that, we'll be in contention. 9-7 is a good year for this team, even if they miss the playoffs. Is it where we want to be? No. But it's in the right direction. Stick with Gruden. Sign KC. Sign ZachB to a long-term deal. Have another good draft. Then let's tee it up again next year and see how it goes.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:31 AM   #56
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Redskins aren't making the play-offs even if they win out, two teams Atlanta and Seattle are two games ahead of them for the last wild card spot and a third, Detroit is one game ahead. As for the Redskin's injuries I think it is more than bad luck, something isn't right. The Giants where playing on the same field and I swear for every Giant that limped off the field or were slow to get up two to three Redskins did.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #57
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Redskins aren't making the play-offs even if they win out, two teams Atlanta and Seattle are two games ahead of them for the last wild card spot and a third, Detroit is one game ahead. As for the Redskin's injuries I think it is more than bad luck, something isn't right. The Giants where playing on the same field and I swear for every Giant that limped off the field or were slow to get up two to three Redskins did.
Actually, with the amount of divisional games in December the Skins have a good shot to make it. The condition being that they win out. Using the good ole ESPN playoff machine, if you set it up according to offensive rank, and have the Skins win out, we go in as the 5th seed.

Quote:
5th Seed - Washington
Wins tie break over Seattle based on head-to-head win percentage. Wins tie break over Detroit based on best win percentage in common games (minimum of four).
If you use defensive rank, and have the Skins win out, we don't get in.
Quote:
5th Seed - Atlanta
Wins tie break over Washington based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate New Orleans (Atlanta wins tie break over New Orleans based on head-to-head win percentage).
6th Seed - New Orleans
Wins tie break over Washington based on head-to-head win percentage.
Ultimately I don't think we get in, and the NO game is the tiebreaking game. If that is the case, that would be a shame because this team has played their hearts out so far this season.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:33 AM   #58
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the skins look like they're going in the right direction here? We had a shit D last year, added some good players, and the D is better. Is it good enough? No. We're a draft or two from that. But it's better. And the O has played well overall, IMO. And that's without Reed, lots of oline, 2 thousand yard WRS, etc. Stability at coach and a good QB, plus good player moves. If we can do that, we'll be in contention. 9-7 is a good year for this team, even if they miss the playoffs. Is it where we want to be? No. But it's in the right direction. Stick with Gruden. Sign KC. Sign ZachB to a long-term deal. Have another good draft. Then let's tee it up again next year and see how it goes.

I agree
Old 11-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, Im with you. Signing KC is the biggest factor in continuing to "get it right"

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #60
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Very good post. I just think it's ridiculous to even entertain thoughts of dumping Jay Gruden, especially if the plan is to re-sign Kirk Cousins, Zach Brown, etc...

Now, if the 'skins let Cousins go, then it's pretty much setting Gruden up for failure, which really doesn't make any sense. And unless Gruden's replacement is such a can't miss opportunity that happens to be the magic key for Kirk Cousins, then getting rid of Gruden would be detrimental to Cousins's development in my opinion.