Pro Bowl

Re: Terrell Pryor Sr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I thought it was a good signing for a few reasons

1. He was coming off a very productive year w/ below average QB's
2. He played a pretty good game against Norman last year
3. He has great size and speed which would help in the red zone
4. His deal was conservative so if it didn't work out he'd be gone after a year.

Before the season started could you tell us why you thought it would be a bad signing?
I also thought it was a good signing, pretty much for the reasons you stated. He has underachieved so far but I wonder why the Skins haven't looked at how he had his success last season and put in some new plays for him to run. After all, he had a 1,000 yard season in 2016.

Also, his guy is an exceptional big athlete capable of making some big plays if they would put him in position to do so. I think the Skins have failed, so far, to find creative ways to use his talents. For example, they could use him at QB on third and short or have him throw a pass off of a WR reverse. You know, tricks and surprises.

The Skins should stop trying to force fit him into the offense - he is not Pierre Garcon. They need to use him to do things that he CAN do. Jay Gruden is not here to run his offense no matter what. He is here to win games.

Advertisements
Old 10-26-2017, 10:34 AM   #47
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The signing was certainly worth the risk...the bothersome thing to me is that good teams get guys like Garcon to sign an extension right before the beginning of the year or during the season....His price would have been a lot less than what we ended up getting which was several teams bidding. A slight bump in yearly salary with some decent guaranteed would have gotten Garcon signed. Poor management.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #48
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The signing was certainly worth the risk...the bothersome thing to me is that good teams get guys like Garcon to sign an extension right before the beginning of the year or during the season....His price would have been a lot less than what we ended up getting which was several teams bidding. A slight bump in yearly salary with some decent guaranteed would have gotten Garcon signed. Poor management.
He has repeatedly said he wants to remain with the Redskins, telling SiriusXM NFL Radio in December that “everything that I could ever want is in D.C., so I want to be in D.C. forever.”

“I haven’t heard anything from the Redskins, man,” Garcon said on a podcast hosted by Pat McAfee, a former teammate with the Colts. “I have not heard anything at all. But everybody does strategic moves right before free agency, or right during free agency, so I couldn’t tell you what they’re up to.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.958038a172b4

That was the odd thing .. Allen and co didnt even reach out to his agent at all. Zero communication. Much like with Kirk. Zero effort or communication.

I dont know much about martavias bryant and am aware of his 1 year suspension but id trade Pryor for him straight up.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #49
MTK
\m/

Garçon asked for trades a couple of times if I recall.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #50
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You gonna do this in every thread?
Do what??
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #51
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Do what??
u bum. u aint even worth wasting proper grammer on
Old 10-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #52
rocnrik
Playmaker

I apologize!

Last edited by rocnrik; 10-26-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: BAD DESICION ON MY PART
Old 10-26-2017, 11:56 AM   #53
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm done with this site....you guys are not worth a good shit........FUCK OFF ALL OF YOU..BAN ME !!!!
dude you are just going in every thread bitching about things we cant change. I get it...I get the sarcasm. Every team isn't perfect but over the last several years I see things trending in the right direction for the Skins.

Sure, we are all frustrated with the Eagles loss...but its not the end of the season. Just chill out a lil bit.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #54
rocnrik
Playmaker

I never attacked anybody on here personally..yet I was called out personally ..This site has regressed into something i don't want to be a part of..I never attended to piss off anybody. Time for me to move on..Truth is this was my first time on any forum and i much prefer to just watch the games and enjoy my lifelong love of the REDSKINS without all this crap..You guys enjoy your site and I apologize for my outburst ..there are some good guys on here ..its been interesting..peace
Old 10-26-2017, 12:13 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

Tells the whole forum to fuck off... doesn’t think he attacked anyone.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #56
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
I never attacked anybody on here personally..yet I was called out personally ..This site has regressed into something i don't want to be a part of..I never attended to piss off anybody. Time for me to move on..Truth is this was my first time on any forum and i much prefer to just watch the games and enjoy my lifelong love of the REDSKINS without all this crap..You guys enjoy your site and I apologize for my outburst ..there are some good guys on here ..its been interesting..peace
I ignore your posts. They're the equivalent of a grumpy senile senior citizen yelling at his nurse because the store was out of his style of high waisted corduroy's. Your rantings are just spitting in the wind.

Only reason I'm even noticing enough to respond here is that everyone else is quoting you.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #57
Ruhskins
Living Legend

rocnrik = 2017's TheGoat.

R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #58
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Dude all I'm trying to say is nobody likes listening to people who are either super positive or super negative. Stop pretending this team is the worse thing ever assembled. And don't act like we're god's gift to football either.

TL;DR: Just relax.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:16 PM   #59
metalskins
The Starter

Can we get back to how we all believe Terrell Pryor is trash? Is Rod Gardner still available?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:29 PM   #60
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Can we get back to how we all believe Terrell Pryor is trash? Is Rod Gardner still available?
Michael Westbrook?