Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins Viks Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #46
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Re: Skins Viks Postgame

That sucked.

But in all fairness, both Reed and Garcon miss catches that put this into overtime. Our offense fizzled at halftime, but our D is who lost this game. RG3 had 3 TDs and almost 300yds, Morris / Garcon >100 yds --> we need a better defense to keep us in games. Fletch is too old, our Dlinemen are getting no pressure, and our secondary is wilting.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #47
Meks
Pro Bowl

We did never stop running, but its the timing of the calls thay kill us.the most... great job of running down the field in the 4league min drill... bad job of calling a fade on fourth and goal to a 5'8 WR... wen u have 5a other weapons, just bad and inexusable
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #48
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
That sucked.

But in all fairness, both Reed and Garcon miss catches that put this into overtime. Our offense fizzled at halftime, but our D is who lost this game. RG3 had 3 TDs and almost 300yds, Morris / Garcon >100 yds --> we need a better defense to keep us in games. Fletch is too old, our Dlinemen are getting no pressure, and our secondary is wilting.
Garcon could have made that catch, but Reed was being held/pi'd and had to whip his head around to make that catch. He would have made the play without the penalty, which shockingly the refs missed. I don't fault Reed for that, should've been 1st and goal at the 1.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #49
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I went and grabbed another beer and finished venting, my conclusion is this year wasn't our year, my new goal for the rest of the season is to keep RGIII healthy, and keep giving him reps for the next 7 games.

Our O with a healthy RGIII, Garcon, Reed, and some new linemen via free agency/draft will be nice. I think we'll have an elite offense again next year.

The D, if we can just get to mediocre, we can do some winning.

To all the in game thread people, sorry for being 90% negative, but damn if this team isn't so frustrating.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #50
los panda
Pro Bowl

it's like my neighbor's cat shit in my mouth
Old 11-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #51
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

As a side bar this weeks episode of Big Bang Theory was awesome, and Kaley Cuoco is unbelievably hot.

I like to assume she's a Skins fan.

Hail!!!!

Band of brothers and sisters in this thread. Go Skins! We're gonna get there soon.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 11-08-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Misspell
Old 11-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #52
los panda
Pro Bowl

did amerson play tonight?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #53
ram29jackson
Special Teams

Viking weren't supposed to score that much ...what happened ?
ram29jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #54
calia
Playmaker

Our D was awful. Flat out awful. Ponder looked like Peyton, and Cassel moved the ball,efficiently too. We have a dreadful front 7 save Kerrigan. No push from the front 3 at all. None. Terrible ILB play - Riley has fallen off the map and Fletcher should be coaching , not playing. But the O stunk it up in the second half. No protection and horrifically bad play calling by Kyle who clearly isn't getting it done. Bad coaching, pathetic special teams, terrible tackling. This team is done for the year, and it really pains me to say so. They played with no heart. The team that wanted it more own tonight. Alfmo is the only one who came to play. RGIII was not sharp in the second half at all.

This season has had more kick in the crotch games than any other Redskins season I can recall since 1974. Because we know there is ability here - we could be explosive and even on D we have had some good individual efforts (DHall comes to mind). I found this to be as disheartening a loss as I can remember - like the loss to the Lions when they hadn't won in over a year.

Last year, I didn't lose hope when we were 3-6. Now, forget it. We will be lucky to get 6 wins. Very lucky. I can't believe it. So depressed.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:37 AM   #55
That Guy
Living Legend

very disappointing to say the least. our D would suck a LOT less if our special teams wasn't so historically awful though. we're always starting at the 15, they're always starting at the 35. that means they're literally twice as likely to score as we are based on NFL averages.

it's costing us games, and i want to see heads roll for it, but i have no idea how to get it fixed without an offseason :/.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #56
donofriose
The Starter

I'm not the biggest shanahan supporter but he at least deserves to play out this season. Obviously if this team shows no improvement from now until the end of the year he needs to go, but let us see what happens for the rest of the season.

That being said the offense didnt play well the second half, specifically the offensive line.

The defense was terrible the entire game. What happened to the front 7? The first half especially AP ran pretty well and there was no pass rush. Orakpo and Kerrigan and their play might be the most disappointing aspect to this football game to me. It's scary for me to think that the best part of this defense is the secondary.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #57
irish
Playmaker

The o played good except for running that final corner fade to the shortest WR on the team. Overall they scored enough to win. The d just isn't very good. Hopefully this organization doesn't panic at the end of the year and start up the coaching revolving door.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #58
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

If there was a more disappointing 2nd half to a Skins game I must've blocked it from my memory.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #59
WaldSkins
Playmaker

In all honesty, I haven't felt this bad after a game since the Buffalo game after Sean Taylors murder.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #60
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I think what made no sense to me was not giving Morris another shot on the one yard line. Run and then two passes. That came back to haunt us. Wtf was that all about Kyle? You idiot!

I know everyone is on Haslett but to be fair he just doesn't have the players. Fletch is just terrible, Merriweather has been cut twice and we saw why last night. Rak and Kerrigan? Just average players IMO. There's a reason we have the 30 th ranked D. Can anyone collapse the pocket like Minn did to us? If they don't give the ball back to the offense a few times or score they're the worst d in the league. The 3-4 has been a failure and that goes on the head man.

On a positive, Morris is just an animal. I'd like to see him on the field on 3rd down and give him a few screens. RG3 also played very well for most of the game. He was getting out quickly and was accurate. He's getting into a groove. He missed a few as well but way more good than bad. A few times he just had no chance cause his line got pushed back like they were on skates.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote