Re: NBA Playoffs anyone?

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #47
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
This just proves what I've always said: When you cheat-win by traveling against the Wiz, and aren't humble about winning by cheating, and then follow that up the next year by getting yours and everyone's favorite rapper to make a song dissing the D.C. team that you only beat the previous year by traveling, you are only playing yourself by cursing yourself.....4 life. Lebron, Deshawn Stevenson's ghost will follow you to hell! Wizards mutha*****!
I LOL'd.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #48
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Hopefully the Celtics don't blow a 3-0 lead like the Bruins. Sadly this is looking a lot like the Bruins collapse, game 4 goes to OT...lose on a nail biter. I totally see this happening it would be Boston folk lore for years to come. 2 Boston teams in the same year eliminated from the playoffs after holding 3-0 leads.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #49
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Hopefully the Celtics don't blow a 3-0 lead like the Bruins. Sadly this is looking a lot like the Bruins collapse, game 4 goes to OT...lose on a nail biter. I totally see this happening it would be Boston folk lore for years to come. 2 Boston teams in the same year eliminated from the playoffs after holding 3-0 leads.
Not gonna happen, the Magic played with intensity because they were listening to all the talk about them bitching out. Here's a quote from D. Howard, "Look I may need a rest earlier than usual tonight," he told the man who (he) likes to call "Stanley. I’m going to go as hard as I can..." Shouldn't you be going as hard as you can every night????

The Celts played bad, poor ball movement, too much standing around watching 1-on-1s, shot poorly from 3pt land (piss-poorly not counting Allen's 3s late in the 4th & OT) and it still took OT for the Magic to win. No cause for alarm, watch for a refocused Cs on Wed. and a closeout in Orlando.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #50
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Not gonna happen, the Magic played with intensity because they were listening to all the talk about them bitching out. Here's a quote from D. Howard, "Look I may need a rest earlier than usual tonight," he told the man who (he) likes to call "Stanley. I’m going to go as hard as I can..." Shouldn't you be going as hard as you can every night????

The Celts played bad, poor ball movement, too much standing around watching 1-on-1s, shot poorly from 3pt land (piss-poorly not counting Allen's 3s late in the 4th & OT) and it still took OT for the Magic to win. No cause for alarm, watch for a refocused Cs on Wed. and a closeout in Orlando.

I pray you are right! I hate nail biters and I hate staying up to midnight and then they lose so I go to bed pissed off and don't sleep well.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #51
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
I pray you are right! I hate nail biters and I hate staying up to midnight and then they lose so I go to bed pissed off and don't sleep well.
Ditto.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #52
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
I'd love it.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #53
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

F Joey Crawford!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #54
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

phx and orl trying to come back.. good stuff
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #55
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
F Joey Crawford!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously!!!! That is some serious BS, if they hold out Perk on those Techs this league is complete bull shit and not even worth watching, it like WWE material.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #56
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Seriously!!!! That is some serious BS, if they hold out Perk on those Techs this league is complete bull shit and not even worth watching, it like WWE material.
Same old, same old from the World Wide Basketball Entertaintment Association. Ticky-tack garbage calls against the Cs. Yet, Howard throws people to the floor...no call. Then Howard locks up someone's arm and flails like someone hit him in the back with a bat and he gets the call. Howard lowers his shoulder and charges into Perkins/Davis repeatedly, no call. Rondo brushes against Nelson....early foul. Perkins gets soemwhat frustrated with being $hit on by the "refs" and it's a "T". All we need is for Stan Van Gundy to pick-up a megaphone, pull a chair out, and chase someone around the court with it.

Oh well, I guess it's better for business for 6 & 7 game series. The one thing we have going for us in Game 6 is that a Cs & Lakers Finals is the best ratings match-up for the NBA.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #57
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Celtics Pride!!!
What were you saying...they're looking like the Bruins now.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #58
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Tough to defend a player who had 7 technicals in 5 games though.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #59
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Tough to defend a player who had 7 technicals in 5 games though.
Two of them came last night and both were "questionable" to say the least. We are talking about Joey Crawford here. The NBA is reviewing and will likely rescind both Ts.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #60
mredskins
Gamebreaker

some good news.

NBA rescinds technical, Kendrick Perkins eligible for Game 6 - NBA - SI.com