Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I know it's only 2 games...

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your thoughts on the Skins after 2 games?
They have exceeded my expectations 78 57.35%
They have met my expectations 58 42.65%
They have failed to meet my expectations 0 0%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #46
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: I know it's only 2 games...

We are playing like a TEAM, putting out a GOOD TEAM effort. IMO.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

So what's all this about the Establishment?
Old 09-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #48
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So what's all this about the Establishment?

It's the establishment man! yeah! always trying to bring the people down! you people just sit there eating what the establishment feeds you and you don't know any better!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #49
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Dude we will beat STL by 10 this year Bank on it
If we beat Dallas I'm not as concerned about what happens in St. Louis the following week. This will be a tough game. Romo has a chip on his shoulder (and ribs), D.Ware might be the best defensive player in the game, and it's their home opener.

Not to mention we don't play very well under the lights. Big, big test for the Redskins.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #50
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Everyone....it's TWO FREAKIN GAMES! It's better than 1-1 or 0-2 but let's keep it real. We beat a beat up Giants team and barely beat a below average Cards team w/ a piss poor defense that had to travel cross country to play a 10am game. I like this team so far, they've got heart, they've been well coached, but I'm not going to say they've "exceeded expectations" after these two wins. We should be 3-0 after next week cause Dallas is getting killed w/ injuries. Right now we're getting all the breaks.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #51
GTripp0012
Living Legend

It's just two weeks and it's not like they've been other-worldly or anything, but "pretty solid" vastly exceeds my expectations for this team. And so far, they've been pretty solid.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:00 AM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Still don't feel like it. Besides, I disabled avatars in the Control Panel. Old habits don't wanna die.
Still horny for Zorny huh? It's cool. And I agree with your last point.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #53
#56fanatic
The Starter

It has been only two games so the optomism is a bit held back at this point.

BUT>> man has this team really showed me something these two weeks. Last year or years before we would be 0-2. We never beat the damn Giants, and we would have never made a play to win the game last week. Leaps and bounds better than last year, especially up front on the oline. Same guys really with additions of Chester and moving Montgomery to center, but they really seem to be working together. The D Line, I never thought the front 3 would have come together so quickly. I could notice a difference in the 1st preseason game. And if we had Jarvis Jenkins playing, I think we would be even better. Overall, I am EXTREMELY excited with the direction the team, organization SEEMS to be moving.

I have been pleased with Rex and his ability to take whats there and not make stupid throws and being able to make plays in both games that won the game for us. The throw to Moss last week, ok maybe not a good one, but looked like MOss fell and the one that tipped off Armstrongs hands should have been PI against the Giants (dude was holding his arm down!)

The running of Hightower and Helu last week was great. I am hoping we keep the two coming in and out more frequently vs playing hightower so much as we did week 1. We need him to be healthy and fresh towards the end of the year. But, what makes it better for us is we have a guy 3rd string that was the projected starter at the end of the year, so if either of the two go down, we have a more than capable guy to step up.

only 2 games, but man am I excited...more excited than I have been since 2000
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #54
dmek25
MVP

my biggest surprize is the overall team attitude.. guys are aggressive, and they look like they expect to win
Old 09-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #55
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
my biggest surprize is the overall team attitude.. guys are aggressive, and they look like they expect to win
Nice to see the attitude change . With Wilson,Barnes and Gomes all getting hurt last week and no LL to start with , would have killed this team last year . This MNF game in D is big .... hope we kick their asses !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #56
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I would feel good about this team even if we were 0-2. We have some promising YOUNG talent on both sides of the ball, and another draft like the one we just had and we could very well be set at being a contender. All these idiots screaming FIRE HASLETT last year should feel like idiots now. It's a well coached team and now one without the distractions.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #57
Longtimefan
Playmaker

The Redskins seem to have improved though under Coach Shanahan. They have gotten rid of disruptive figures on the team and shifted their acquisition strategy away from expensive stars who tend to have reached their zenith when they get to Washington, to attracting talent whose best days are ahead of them.

I'd certainly say this is the best team we have fielded since they made it to the Playoffs in 2005, perhaps even better since we seem to have a team on which we can build on over the coming years.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #58
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Still horny for Zorny huh? It's cool. And I agree with your last point.
More like I can't really find that new avatar with the "it" factor for me. LOL

By old habits, I meant back in the day of being a high schooler, I frequented a different VBulletin board and I disabled viewing of avatars for bandwidth reasons. Even to this day, I still don't often browse message boards with avatars showing.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #59
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

So far, the team as done what I've expected. They seem more disciplined and focused. The subtraction of some malcontents helped. There is room for improvement but they seem headed in the right direction. This week will be a big test. Despite the injuries, they are playing the Cowboys in Dallas on Monday night. No one other than Redskins fans truly believe in the Skins. This is the time for the Skins to step and show the nation what type of team they are. You can pass me a drink of that Kool-Aid if they stomp the Cowboys.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #60
skinster
Impact Rookie

This question I can only answer in multiple parts. Before free-agency, I had no doubt that we would suck. After free agency, (and especially after watching pre-season) I thought we would be pretty good considering we filled so many areas of need with quality players. I checked off "meet expectations" because although the way we are playing has exceeded even my expectations of my post-free agency change of heart, I feel we are still untested IMO, so our level of play might only look great only because the comparable level of quality. I have hope that we will exceed my expectations, but I'm a "show me" guy. I need to see quality wins consistently to be 100% in.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote