Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #46
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Official Orioles and Nationals Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
WUT. I'm confused.

I was an Orioles fan since I was a kid because they were the closest to DC, but I'm also a Nats fan because they're now the "official" home team.

So. What does that make people from Baltimore, who rooted for the Redskins but now root for the Ravens?
D-Rave you can't cheer for the Nats because you were a O's fan first and you can not be a fan of Tupac becasue he died when you were only ten.

Come on get with the game!

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #47
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
They were always pricks. They're all on that Ray Lewis ish. They're all super hardcore about their fandom. And its not like Redskins hardcore, it's just flat out assholeishness.
I actually like the Ravens the team; their fans make me want to invite Cowboy fans over for drinks.

Plus as soon as the Ravens slip and the Skins exceed out comes all their old gear. Of late I have been getting lots of "beeps" about my licenses plate (MD Skins one) and folks yelling "go RGIII" and positive stuff. I live in the heart of Ravens country and it is like they are just back pocketing the Skins in case we blow up with RGIII.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #48
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
D-Rave you can't cheer for the Nats because you were a O's fan first and you can not be a fan of Tupac becasue he died when you were only ten.

Come on get with the game!
lol <3

Sometimes I feel like that. Because the O's and the Nats are within 45 minutes of each other it has to be either or. And if it came down to choosing, I'd honestly choose the Nats just because.. Hell, their stadium is like 15 minutes from my house. Haha.

But when it comes down to choosing, it's actually really hard because I've had positive experiences with Orioles fans and Nats fans so. I don't like making that decision.

I haven't been to a Nats game yet though. I hear their games are pretty fun.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #49
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
lol <3

Sometimes I feel like that. Because the O's and the Nats are within 45 minutes of each other it has to be either or. And if it came down to choosing, I'd honestly choose the Nats just because.. Hell, their stadium is like 15 minutes from my house. Haha.

But when it comes down to choosing, it's actually really hard because I've had positive experiences with Orioles fans and Nats fans so. I don't like making that decision.

I haven't been to a Nats game yet though. I hear their games are pretty fun.
Here is what I do. I was born in DC in 73. I live there until I was 6; my dad became a Skins fan thus my fan hood for the team. We moved back "home" to RI where I became a Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox fan but I still loved my Skins and never cheered for the Pats.

Now I live in the B-more area. I cheer Skins, Bruins, Celtics, and Sox but I have no problem pulling for the Nats, O's and Caps; it actually gives me more viewing options at night. I will cheer for Nats O's and Caps but it has none of the passion that I have for my first loves. I even yelled "F_ck you Caps!" last night after Chara's goal. Nor will you catch me with any Nats, O's or Caps gear.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #50
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
if you grew up following dc baseball, you are innocent
Hah and what if they didn't exist when i was growing up? Alot of DC sports fans support all teams here. So when the Nats came in, we support.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #51
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
not a loyal dog that's fo sho
So what does that make Colts fans? Not real fans?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #52
FRPLG
MVP

I'm terribly confused. I'd venture a guess that literally 99% of this board's membership isn't young enough to have ever been able to "follow DC baseball" since there wasn't any. So I still don't understand who exactly is allowed to be a Nationals fan. People old enough to remember the Senators and kids born after the Nats came to town?

Edit: young = old.

Last edited by FRPLG; 04-18-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #53
Monksdown
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I'm terribly confused. I'd venture a guess that literally 99% of this board's membership isn't young enough to have ever been able to "follow DC baseball" since there wasn't any. So I still don't understand who exactly is allowed to be a Nationals fan. People old enough to remember the Senators and kids born after the Nats came to town?
Valid question. I was a Braves fan because i started playing and enjoying baseball in the early 90's. I live in Northern Virginia and had never been to Baltimore and didnt know anyone that lived in Baltimore. So i felt like i could just pick a team. However, being a home town fan in all the other sports, when the Nationals came back to D.C. i broke ties with the Braves, threw away all of the Atlanta apparel. And started watching and attending Nationals games.

I guess a baseball sports fan, i felt homeless until they came back.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #54
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So what does that make Colts fans? Not real fans?
Nope. In fact, Washington Redskins fans aren't real fans, since they weren't fans of the Redskins when they were in Boston. We're all posers. The only people that can really claim themselves as Redskins fans are fans of the team when it was still in Boston.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #55
hooskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Nope. In fact, Washington Redskins fans aren't real fans, since they weren't fans of the Redskins when they were in Boston. We're all posers. The only people that can really claim themselves as Redskins fans are fans of the team when it was still in Boston.
Yeah. Also, NE fans should really support the Redskins.

Posers.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #56
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If you read my story a few post back, I almost qualify to be a Skins fan!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #57
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

They make no money on ticket sales! With the senior discounts and kids under 3 getting in free.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #58
hooskins

Quote:
Basically old farts and those that come after our generation dies out. But wait, what if I were an O's fan living in DC...can I raise I raise my kid as a Os fan or do I have an obligation to make him support the Nats? What would make him a better and more "correct" fan? Or does a family have to be indifferent to the Os and baseball for the child to be an acceptable Nats fan? Would the child now be a poser mudblood, supporting a sport his family has no right to? When can the lineage rightly begin?

Do tell. I couldnt watch my child go through the message board struggles I have faced. I just couldn't.

Last edited by hooskins; 04-18-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Basically old farts and those that come after our generation dies out. But wait, what if I were an O's fan living in DC...can I raise I raise my kid as a Os fan or do I have an obligation to make him support the Nats? What would make him a better and more "correct" fan? Or does a family have to be indifferent to the Os and baseball for the child to be an acceptable Nats fan? Would the child now be a poser mudblood, supporting a sport his family has no right to? When can the lineage rightly begin?

Do tell. I couldnt watch child go through the message board struggles I have faced. I just couldn't.

You are screwed. Just by existing in your own right the way the chips fell meant you and your family are doomed to a life of never being allowed to truely root for one team. Seeing as how real Baltimorians won't accept you into their fanbase because of your DC residency, the tr00 Nats fans will never accept the child into their fanbase because his lineage wasn't of a tr00 Nats fan.

@mredskins: <buzzer noise> NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Unless you were born before 1937 and were a fan of the Boston Braves/Redskins, you are not a tr00 fan of the Redskins.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #60
los panda
Pro Bowl

i grew up in maryland as a fan of the redskins and the orioles. when the ravens came to baltimore i didn't switch. when the nationals came to dc i didn't switch. that's really all i'm trying to say, i'm sorry if i ruffled any feathers