Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #46
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Around the NFL Week 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Nice guys always finish last.

But I could see both of them scooping up a job somewhere else, just on the incident by itself. I mean, hell, if Manti Te'o can get a job after his fake girlfriend fiasco, I think anything is possible.

I don't know how good they are as players. If Martin is only a second or third string player coupled with this bullying incident, then yeah, I'd say he's probably done.
Stop right there! The proper term is "reality-challenged girlfriend."
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Stop right there! The proper term is "reality-challenged girlfriend."
Actually the settlers started calling them "reality challenged girlfriends". Most of them like to be identified by their specific screen names.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Actually the settlers started calling them "reality challenged girlfriends". Most of them like to be identified by their specific screen names.
Well played
Old 11-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #49
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Lydon Murtha's article is eye opening. It is unfortunate that this may end Incognito's career. I think another poster on here talked about Ricky Williams mental condition relating it to Jonathan Martin, I think that is spot on.
I also think Martin coming from a financially prudent family, spending thousands of dollars on going out didn't make since. So he felt forced and alienated to do it. I get it.

Like Adam Archuleta who exposed the Redskins locker room, I'm not sure JM will ever be welcomed back on a team as a player. That may be why it looks like he is pursuing a lawsuit. He reaction is over the top IMO. If you bothered by it so much punch Incognito in the face and be done with it, or request force a trade. Now you have painted yourself as a snitch.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

In Incognito case, it’s critical to keep an open mind | ProFootballTalk

pft back peddling

He Gets Us
Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
Lydon Murtha's article is eye opening. It is unfortunate that this may end Incognito's career. I think another poster on here talked about Ricky Williams mental condition relating it to Jonathan Martin, I think that is spot on.
I also think Martin coming from a financially prudent family, spending thousands of dollars on going out didn't make since. So he felt forced and alienated to do it. I get it.

Like Adam Archuleta who exposed the Redskins locker room, I'm not sure JM will ever be welcomed back on a team as a player. That may be why it looks like he is pursuing a lawsuit. He reaction is over the top IMO. If you bothered by it so much punch Incognito in the face and be done with it, or request force a trade. Now you have painted yourself as a snitch.
Punch him in the face and than face assault charges?
Requesting a trade might not be an option and probably isnt that easily done. You're talking about rearrainging your entire life.
This apparently has been going on for quite some time, and it is not as if this all started a week ago and Martin flew off the handle.
Personally I dont think Martins heart is in the game - that has been pretty much established. As for Incognito - the guy is a loose cannon who never learns. Eff him and his career. He stinks anyway.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It's refreshing to at least hear someone say hold up, maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves.

The whole thing raises a lot of questions, with no easy answers.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #53
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

I think this says a lot, and you have multiple Miami players backing up Incognito and putting their name to it in paper.

It Appears That Jonathan Martin Could Currently Be The Biggest Scumbag Liar In The NFL - BasketFootBall.com

So that leads you to the question. Who's driving this bizarre episode from Martin and why?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 11-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #54
los panda
Pro Bowl

i'm grown tired of this story. i'm just glad it's not the redskins.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #55
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Punch him in the face and than face assault charges?
Requesting a trade might not be an option and probably isnt that easily done. You're talking about rearrainging your entire life.
This apparently has been going on for quite some time, and it is not as if this all started a week ago and Martin flew off the handle.
Personally I dont think Martins heart is in the game - that has been pretty much established. As for Incognito - the guy is a loose cannon who never learns. Eff him and his career. He stinks anyway.
Having worked in the NFL in my past I will tell you that a lot of people get punched in the face and it never get's out of the locker room. Brother's fight. I'm not condoning it but I can attest that a locker room is not like any other work environment outside of sports. It's just different.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's refreshing to at least hear someone say hold up, maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves.

The whole thing raises a lot of questions, with no easy answers.
Agree, I need to hear Martin. I need an explination from him. Ill say this, both these guys probably done with the Dolphins. And I do think Jeff Ireland should be done as well.

He Gets Us
Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #57
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

@HubbuchNYP

Interesting nugget: Jonathan Martin had lost his LT job to Bryant McKinnie just three days before he abruptly decided he had been "bullied."

Might shed some light on the situation on the question of why.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 11-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #58
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think this says a lot, and you have multiple Miami players backing up Incognito and putting their name to it in paper.

It Appears That Jonathan Martin Could Currently Be The Biggest Scumbag Liar In The NFL - BasketFootBall.com

So that leads you to the question. Who's driving this bizarre episode from Martin and why?
Incognito has been a problem everywhere he has ever been though. So even though this might be both parties at fault or all on Martin - Incognitos past is biting him in the ass and thats his own fault.
Anyway im with Panda. Done with it and glad it aint us.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #59
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Good look Jeff Ireland, good look.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #60
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well I dont know what to think after all Incognito teamates coming out today and strongly defending him. Didnt hear alot of good opinions of Martin from those guys.

Pro-Incognito Fins leave no room for Martin - Miami Dolphins Blog - ESPN

"Several players were asked Wednesday if Martin would be welcomed back to the locker room. They declined comment.

"That's not my position to take on that," Hartline said. "I do have a position, but I don't think it's fair to share it."

By not answering, it seems pretty clear what side of the fence Hartline and many Dolphins players were on Wednesday. Whether society agrees or not, Miami's players chose Incognito over Martin."

wow

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 11-07-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Closed Thread