Stick a fork in em', they are done!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #46
scowan
The Starter

Re: Stick a fork in em', they are done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Agree. I dont know whats worse, the actual piss poor turnover or the coach the next couple days defending it as a decent play. Hopefully there is a little more accountabilty going on behind close doors. RG3's mistakes need to decrease in order for this team to win. And yeah the penalties are terrible. I just throw my hands up at this point because its been a hallmark of the Shanny regime.
Last year during the 7 game winning streak, it was the other team committing the silly penalty and for the most part the Redskins stayed away from them. Although our team also made a lot of big plays as well, and we haven't seen those. If Robinson hangs on to that 57 TD, we would all be singing a different tune this week and be talking about our own "big plays". I don't know about you guys but Robinson is dropping too many balls for me. Why is Garcon not running those routes?
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #47
irish
Playmaker

If they go 0-5 then its on to 2014.

When the Skins said RG3 was going to start in week 1 I had a feeling that expectations would need to be lowered since he'd need a few weeks to get up to speed and that seems to be what is happening. I expected something more like 2-2 over the first 4 weeks so if they win vs Oak they will only be 1 game off of what I expected.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #48
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Last year during the 7 game winning streak, it was the other team committing the silly penalty and for the most part the Redskins stayed away from them. Although our team also made a lot of big plays as well, and we haven't seen those. If Robinson hangs on to that 57 TD, we would all be singing a different tune this week and be talking about our own "big plays". I don't know about you guys but Robinson is dropping too many balls for me. Why is Garcon not running those routes?
Totally agree Robinson drops passes. I don't know why we keep him, let alone play him. I don't think Peter Boy has the wheels to burn many DBs though, so our vertical passing attack is fairly limited. I think Moss should get the vertical calls but Mike/Kyle/Bob clearly limits his involvement, to the offenses detriment IMO.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #49
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I don't know, I though it was all an honest criticism. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to what you found nonsensical.

Pretty much all of this:

Note to Mike, I have no idea what you're doing and neither does anyone else.

Note to Kyel, they've figured you out!

Note to Haslett, nothing you call is likely to be effective. Try to be as effective as possible.

Note to Hall, no one is back there to cover your ass and you're a bum.

Note to Wilson, you are the best DB we have but that's like saying saden1 is the best armchair coach on the warpath.

Note to Rambo, you ain't Rambo, you is Rammed.

Note RG3, keep your mouth shut and watch your back.

Note to Morris, I'm sorry.

Note to Trent, you had the worse game of your career last week and you better get your mofo hands out of your pockets.

Note to London, you can't coach bums.

Note to DL, if you can't stop a nosebleed then how do you expect to stop a RB?

Note to OL, you're doing a decent job in the second half.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #50
Monkeydad
Living Legend

This thread:

Old 09-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #51
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
This thread:

wow, that is not how you want your $50+Million qb to look when he's looking at the Polaroids.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #52
walton71
Camp Scrub

I don't think the Redskins are done, yet. The defense has absolutely got to step up and start making some plays. They haven't been tackling, they're not getting off the field on 3rd downs, and they keep giving up big plays at critical times during the game. On offense, there's such a focus on RGIII to prove he's healthy or can be a pocket passer and so forth. This is a running team..Alfred Morris is the key to this offense. He is a beast and should be running the ball 25+ times a game. I know they fell behind in the first 2 games, but we were right there with Detroit, and he got the ball 15 times? That's on the coaches and play calling. We have Helu also who can run effectively. Run the damn ball and take it out of RGIII's hands. Let him mix the play action passes and bootlegs in. The run game will open everything else up.
walton71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #53
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Somewhat relevant to the thread:

Why The 2012 Robert Griffin III Trade That Rocked The NFL Has Been Bad For Everyone - Yahoo Finance
Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #54
The Goat
Pro Bowl

^^^ I didn't know we only beat two playoff teams last year, anybody else? I knew the NFC East was a joke, which allowed us to win the division, but sounds like we really just had an especially easy schedule last season overall.

I do think RG can be salvaged as a QB, but highly highly highly doubt there's a coach currently on staff to do it. And then you still have a team that's otherwise a mess. Mike has made the team worse than the one he inherited. Way worse on defense. About the same on offense apart from the RO as a new gimmick to the league.

Would really love a coach like Lovie Smith who consistently produced a truly top defense and a disciplined team overall. Find a OC genius to work with RG under Lovie. Let that group rebuild this team.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #55
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

What's your basis for saying Lovie's teams were disciplined?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #56
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What's your basis for saying Lovie's teams were disciplined?
You can't have a truly dominant, top tier defense and not be disciplined. The two things go hand in hand. Saw stats on the Bears defense recently throughout Lovie's tenure and it's truly amazing how good that unit was.

I see Lovie as a solid leader and again phenomenal defensive mind, but he needs a very good OC to run the offense. I think just about any OC would jump at the prospect of working with RG, right?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #57
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
^^^ I didn't know we only beat two playoff teams last year, anybody else? I knew the NFC East was a joke, which allowed us to win the division, but sounds like we really just had an especially easy schedule last season overall.

I do think RG can be salvaged as a QB, but highly highly highly doubt there's a coach currently on staff to do it. And then you still have a team that's otherwise a mess. Mike has made the team worse than the one he inherited. Way worse on defense. About the same on offense apart from the RO as a new gimmick to the league.

Would really love a coach like Lovie Smith who consistently produced a truly top defense and a disciplined team overall. Find a OC genius to work with RG under Lovie. Let that group rebuild this team.
Wow.......
Ahh....how do you feel about Patrick Ramsey?
...........just askin'
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
You can't have a truly dominant, top tier defense and not be disciplined. The two things go hand in hand. Saw stats on the Bears defense recently throughout Lovie's tenure and it's truly amazing how good that unit was.

I see Lovie as a solid leader and again phenomenal defensive mind, but he needs a very good OC to run the offense. I think just about any OC would jump at the prospect of working with RG, right?
So penalties, penalty yards. That doesn't really matter?
Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #59
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

And the fact that the Bears already tried your plan, but never had an offense until Lovie left, doesn't invalidate your plan?
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #60
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
1) the Skins missed the playoffs for years and had a top 10 pick in virtually every draft. How did that work out?

2) they lost $36mil in cap space. Take that away from any other team and see how great their depth is

Moronic article.