Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Playbook

Old 11-25-2007, 11:59 PM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: So, is there freedom of speech here or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
PSF...what tune are you going to be signing when we back our way into the playoffs at 8-8, and get to travel to Seattle in January?

Will you still be so down on Gibbs? I mean, there will be reason to be so, 8-8 isn't great, but will you celebrate the playoff birth.

See, I don't think you will. I don't think you will be willing to admit you were wrong about the season being over, since you aren't usually willing to admit your incorrectness about anything else.

You've pretty much painted yourself as a total hypocrite thus far. Everybody else should prematurely admit to being wrong so that you don't have to in the future when you are. So when a hypocrite opens a thread that serves a limited view of a single event and demands "amnesty" from far more thoughtful posters...you are going to get whats coming.

I mean, I'm pretty sure you can see that as is, but people who try to hide their wrongdoings behind "freedom of speech" tend to push my buttons in a way that few other events can. Consider yourself added to my sh-tlist.
damn someone just got pwned

Advertisements
Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #47
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I just flew home and boy are my arms tired.

Seriously though, I locked the thread because it was turning into a bunch of name calling all around. The thread was headed nowhere and I decided to put a stop to it before it got out of control. We know what your intent essentially was ("to patronize" as DynamiteRave pointed out). And we all know that had we won the game and there was a thread offering "Amnesty" to people like you, then you'd be pissing all over the thread.

Now for the last time, I don't think everything is perfect with the team or with Gibbs. There is a lot the team and Gibbs has to improve on. No one is blind to that. But if you're done with the team, then quite frankly you should be done with the site.

And I'm changing my sig.
Haha thanks for the Sig smooty. I just try to stay as neutral as possible. I agree with everyone depending on the day and how I feel. I agree with the kool-aid kids sometimes and I agree with the "Haters". But no matter who I agree with, I never ever hop off the bandwagon. Sure there are things I don't like but. *Shrugs* Nothing I can do about it. No point in pissing on people for not agreeing to what you agree to. That's what seems to be happening on this board lately.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 AM   #48
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Haha thanks for the Sig smooty. I just try to stay as neutral as possible. I agree with everyone depending on the day and how I feel. I agree with the kool-aid kids sometimes and I agree with the "Haters". But no matter who I agree with, I never ever hop off the bandwagon. Sure there are things I don't like but. *Shrugs* Nothing I can do about it. No point in pissing on people for not agreeing to what you agree to. That's what seems to be happening on this board lately.
The site needs more people like you. I said it last year and I'll say it again this year.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:27 AM   #49
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

@paulskinsfan: you think Gibbs is the cause of all our problems. Many other people don't. Why go on and on about it, trying to get other people to think like you? If I tell somebody the sky is blue, and they say, "no, it's green," I couldn't care less. I know it's blue, and if they can't see it -- big fucking deal. Know what I mean? You seem so certain about Gibbs, yet you get frustrated with his supporters. Who cares if people support him? He's done good things, he's done bad things. Get over it.

@MTRedskinsFan:
From wikipedia: "Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Ignorance is sometimes misinterpreted as a synonym of stupidity, and is as thus often taken as an insult." (emphasis added)

Calling you ignorant is not an insult. It simply means that you don't have knowledge of the situation. That's pretty accurate if you ask me. I'm not sure how long you've been reading, but you have only been posting for about 2 months. That doesn't make you very qualified to have an opinion about how things work on this board.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #50
jbcjr14
The Starter

Wow, I was going to stay out of this one but I must throw in a bit. I have been here for a couple of years and not ONE TIME have I EVER seen this freedom of speech shit pop up. The people that continually complain for change...find another board to post that crap on. The people (Mods and Admin) here have given a vehicle to the TRUE FANS of not only the Washington Redskins, but NFL FANS as well, to express their views in an appropriate manner. Should your views rub a mod the wrong way...tough shit, find somewhere else to go if you don't like it.

I personally am tired of seeing this kind of crap on a football message board. I have chosen not to read threads that do not have anything to do with football or a topic that I am not interested in. Unfortunately I opened this crap and I could not refrain from posting.

Good Job Warpath Staff! You have done absolutely NOTHING wrong and the few bad apples that continue to bring this up time and time again....BAN THEIR ASSES and let's talk about some football for Christ sake!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #51
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcjr14 View Post
Wow, I was going to stay out of this one but I must throw in a bit. I have been here for a couple of years and not ONE TIME have I EVER seen this freedom of speech shit pop up. The people that continually complain for change...find another board to post that crap on. The people (Mods and Admin) here have given a vehicle to the TRUE FANS of not only the Washington Redskins, but NFL FANS as well, to express their views in an appropriate manner. Should your views rub a mod the wrong way...tough shit, find somewhere else to go if you don't like it.

I personally am tired of seeing this kind of crap on a football message board. I have chosen not to read threads that do not have anything to do with football or a topic that I am not interested in. Unfortunately I opened this crap and I could not refrain from posting.

Good Job Warpath Staff! You have done absolutely NOTHING wrong and the few bad apples that continue to bring this up time and time again....BAN THEIR ASSES and let's talk about some football for Christ sake!
We are cleaning house as we speak. I think it's way overdue and it's probably my fault for having too much patience. It's time to get rid of some morons and get back to having some intelligent, meaningful discussion.

Less criticizing and more analyzing is our new theme going forward.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #52
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
We are cleaning house as we speak. I think it's way overdue and it's probably my fault for having too much patience. It's time to get rid of some morons and get back to having some intelligent, meaningful discussion.

I heart you.

To address all the bickering back and forth lately, the big problem is the polarization of the two groups, "Haterade Drinkers" vs "Kool Aid Drinkers."

Members, don't lump people into one group or another, that just starts stupid arguments. Better yet, don't label yourself as one vs the other. Just analyze the team each week. If you're truly considering all the angles, then sometimes your opinion will be positive and sometimes it will be negative.

And if you disagree with someone, that's great. It contributes to valuable discussion. But disagree with the single post, don't get into lumping people into a group based on a series of posts they've made. Just debate the team and stay away from this ridiculous division.

That's what got everyone all fired up at PSF.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I heart you.

To address all the bickering back and forth lately, the big problem is the polarization of the two groups, "Haterade Drinkers" vs "Kool Aid Drinkers."

Members, don't lump people into one group or another, that just starts stupid arguments. Better yet, don't label yourself as one vs the other. Just analyze the team each week. If you're truly considering all the angles, then sometimes your opinion will be positive and sometimes it will be negative.

And if you disagree with someone, that's great. It contributes to valuable discussion. But disagree with the single post, don't get into lumping people into a group based on a series of posts they've made. Just debate the team and stay away from this ridiculous division.

That's what got everyone all fired up at PSF.
You summed up the main issue pretty well.

This stupid divide ends today. I know it might not be a popular decision with everyone, but we've made this decision for the better good of the site. The morons that instigate and keep pushing us apart are gone and in the future the mods are going to be much more proactive when it comes to weeding out those that don't add any value to the site.

This shouldn't be misinterpreted as us clamping down on freedom of speech. This is all about getting back to intelligent and meaningful discussions.

Like I said, less criticizing and more analyzing is our theme now. Those that want to bitch and complain 24/7 can find another board.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #54
mheisig
The Starter

I just thought I'd point out that "freedom of speech" is a right protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America. The purpose is to protect your freedom of speech and exercise of religion from the governmental powers.

A private entity (The Warpath, Matty, McDonalds or the guy down the street) cannot infringe on your legal right to freedom of speech, only the government can.

In other words, the mods can run this place like an absolute dictatorship and boot people because they don't like their font choices, and be completely justified.

The thread title is inane. Who cares if there's freedom of speech here? There doesn't need to be and nobody is infringing on your "online rights" because they don't exist in the first place. If you don't like how it's run, go somewhere else.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #55
LMsexyAO
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
No Matt, Im not. You can wipe your chin from the Kool Aid, and YAWN all ya want, but the fact of the matter is that you and all the Kool Aid Drinkers have been 100% wrong. You supported an old man with old coaching methods refusing to criticize him at any point in time. Now its over and this team is left in the shitter, so you'll just blow off any criticizms, and jump back on the Snyder approval bandwagon, agreeing with each and every move he makes. God forbid someone challenges your ideas and then proves them wrong.
You're a f------ retard just do everyone a favor and get the f---- off this site. You do nothing but piss and whine and assume you're the smartest f---- alive.
LMsexyAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #56
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMsexyAO View Post
You're a fucking retard just do everyone a favor and get the fuck off this site. You do nothing but piss and whine and assume you're the smartest fucker alive.
Personally I think you're absolutely on point with your post. However, as a moderator I have to warn you to watch the language and insults.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:14 PM   #57
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post

I will miss you all as apparently, this is my last post...............
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I will miss you all as apparently, this is my last post...............
Why would this be your last post?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #59
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

I think he was playing on Matty's word about cleaning up the "riff-raff"...

It's pretty sad that one has to stoop to the level of crying about free speech on a private entity such as this message board. As far as I see, all thoughts, opinions and debauchery are welcome, however stupidity will get you flamed.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #60
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why would this be your last post?
It was a............joke.
AND it was DAMN funny, had you been paying attention..............maybe you were viewing it through your "mod" secret x-ray glasses, and were unable to see the non-freedom of speech infringing part????
BTW, We took a swing through Ortiz park yesterday where all the skins fans were, and did not see any WP anywhere, so we hung out for a while (before embracing the TB fans), and went inside.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote