Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Expose on the Tea Party Architects

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #46
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Re: Expose on the Tea Party Architects

CR I'm with you but I agree with dmek as well. I NEVER ever heard of the Tea Party until Obama won. Then all of a sudden it's let's take our country back and lets do like we did the British and dump Tea to show our strength. As a black man I saw it as that's our office, now get him out of here. That's just how I felt. The problem I have with them is that if it isn't the fact that Obama is President they use it to their advantage which is cool, but it just paints a certain picture for me. That's all. I understand that they are mad a government itself but like dmek said, if it's government itself then where were all the truckloads of Lipton Tea Bags then ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #47
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I am not involved with the tea party, I just give my feelings or thoughts. That said, I think a lot of the timing is fairly coincidental. The republican party showed itself to be a useless tool, and at the same time the democratic party started pushing their grandiose government. Thus the tea party sprouted up by people who no longer believed that the republicans wanted a limited govt and didn't trust the dems promises of salvation by govt. At the same time, those who want change, but not "revolutionary" change, leaned to vote for Obama, as his slogan said, a change you can believe in. In the end, there is a lot of discontent, but it's assuaged by economics, and if the economy gets healthy the energy behind change will die out. But, like a fire, if the embers burn long enough, and the economy stays dry, a flame may burst forth.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #48
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I wasn't aware our honor was lost and in need of restoring but whatever.
Exactly. Since when did America's honor needed to be restored? By Glenn Beck no less.

For those interested, Eugene Robinson has a pretty good Op-Ed in today's Washinton Post. Sums it up pretty well.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #49
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Exactly. Since when did America's honor needed to be restored? By Glenn Beck no less.

For those interested, Eugene Robinson has a pretty good Op-Ed in today's Washinton Post. Sums it up pretty well.
Pretty much did. I remembered Beck calling Obama a racist but forgot about the deep seeded hatred for White people part. Beck goes pretty hard. I hope they have a good time.

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
Old 08-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #50
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am not involved with the tea party, I just give my feelings or thoughts. That said, I think a lot of the timing is fairly coincidental. The republican party showed itself to be a useless tool, and at the same time the democratic party started pushing their grandiose government. Thus the tea party sprouted up by people who no longer believed that the republicans wanted a limited govt and didn't trust the dems promises of salvation by govt. At the same time, those who want change, but not "revolutionary" change, leaned to vote for Obama, as his slogan said, a change you can believe in. In the end, there is a lot of discontent, but it's assuaged by economics, and if the economy gets healthy the energy behind change will die out. But, like a fire, if the embers burn long enough, and the economy stays dry, a flame may burst forth.
I didn't mean to imply that you were if I came off that way. I just commented on what you and dmek were saying is all. You make some very good points though.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #51
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post

Very nice piece by Eugene...I did not know that "[t]he full name of the event at which King spoke 47 years ago was the 'March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.'"

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #52
steveo395
The Starter

Quote:
Very nice piece by Eugene...I did not know that "[t]he full name of the event at which King spoke 47 years ago was the 'March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.'"
Well that guy has clearly never watched Glenn Beck's show or listened to his radio show.

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:09 AM   #53
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post
Well that guy has clearly never watched Glenn Beck's show or listened to his radio show.
Uhh that guy is Pulitzer Prize winning journalist.

The integrity of his work is hard to ignore.

Glenn Beck on the other hand......is a "salesman of fear."
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:09 AM   #54
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post

Oh give me a f'ing break...we have all see that televangelist-huckster rodeo clown cry on TV and make ridiculous correlations and causations. The sad part is there are retarded people out there that take him seriously and buy his shit.

-Jenkins
Old 08-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #55
12thMan
MVP

Really, Gene Robinson has never listened to Glenn Beck? Give me a break.

I wonder if that clown will bring his chalk board to educate his flock.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #56
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
They are not even remotely close to neocons. You are completely wrong on this.

Well what are they then? They aren't Ron Paul/ Bob Taft conservatives/libertarians. And if you want to get technical I think the whole article is rubbish as the Koch bros had nothing to really do with the Tea Parties in the beginning. You have a major split within the movement, the Ron Paulians and the Palinites, who are neocon morons. If the Koch bros are indeed major players in funding the present movement I would think they are neocons, as that wing is by far the strongest now.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #57
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
You play the lazy card well, it's only fair he be able to play his card.
I have called people here lazy?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #58
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Beck and Palin, oh man what a pair. It's frightening there are people out there that take these two seriously.
Its funny that people out there actually thought Obama could bring about change. Unless change means gone on vacation now days.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #59
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Well what are they then? They aren't Ron Paul/ Bob Taft conservatives/libertarians. And if you want to get technical I think the whole article is rubbish as the Koch bros had nothing to really do with the Tea Parties in the beginning. You have a major split within the movement, the Ron Paulians and the Palinites, who are neocon morons. If the Koch bros are indeed major players in funding the present movement I would think they are neocons, as that wing is by far the strongest now.
Neocons are cool with a welfare state. The Koch's believe just the opposite. They are pretty dyed-in-the-wool libertarians. They want to eliminate the welfare state.

Don't confuse monetary support with political belief. That's a big problem in our two-party system. There's tons of monetary support for things people don't believe in. Everyone is trying to pick the lesser of two evils.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #60
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I have called people here lazy?
I wasn't aware he called you racist.

-Jenkins