Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your MVP of the week goes to...
Griffin III 79 84.04%
Morris 11 11.70%
Kerrigan 2 2.13%
other 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #46
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

I'd still bring in a few kickers to send a message to Cundiff. 6-10 for the year, okay I'll give a break on the 57yd & 60+yd attempts which makes it 6-8. Still needs to be sent a message. 2 misses in an game is not acceptable
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #47
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Forgot to mention that Montgomery did a nice job today also.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #48
Skinzman
The Starter

For the ones who have pointed about how crappy the bucs are and how we are doomed once the NFC east schedule comes up (mainly in the already closed thread). Remember that crappy bucs team played the gints to a 7 point loss and the cowgirls to a 6 point loss. And we won by 2 with 2 missed FG's (3 if you count the 57 yarder).

Was pretty disappointed in Hazlett today. As much as everyone wants to blame hall for TJax's receptions, one was a perfect pass that Hall missed by an inch or two on close to perfect coverage. He had TJax covered very well and Freeman made a pass he normally cant, a perfect one. But what has me wondering whats up is that you never let a top notch receiver (one with height especially) have deep releases without a safety over the top late in a close game. I still cant for the life of me understand why TJax was running one on one with Hall and we didnt have a safety over the top on those late deep routes.

Do we really need to say much about the game RG3 had? All the times ive drooled over Brady, Rodgers, and Peyton. Not anymore... Young and gifted is better than old and gifted. WOW....
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #49
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'm in agreement with you, but ask yourself this, at this time last year with Cam Newton having the rookie year he had, do you think he would be doing bad his sophomore year? Cause he is.
Cam Newton, come on, his attitude stinks. He may as well be 15.....
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #50
takethecake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Remember a couple years ago if we had a play over 20 yards, that was a big deal.
I was in a redskins bar out in san diego last year, and people were cheering for first downs like we were scoring touchdowns. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for us. I just cheered also.
takethecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #51
imaskin4life
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by takethecake View Post
I was in a redskins bar out in san diego last year, and people were cheering for first downs like we were scoring touchdowns. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for us. I just cheered also.
lol
imaskin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #52
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
For the ones who have pointed about how crappy the bucs are and how we are doomed once the NFC east schedule comes up (mainly in the already closed thread). Remember that crappy bucs team played the gints to a 7 point loss and the cowgirls to a 6 point loss. And we won by 2 with 2 missed FG's (3 if you count the 57 yarder).

Was pretty disappointed in Hazlett today. As much as everyone wants to blame hall for TJax's receptions, one was a perfect pass that Hall missed by an inch or two on close to perfect coverage. He had TJax covered very well and Freeman made a pass he normally cant, a perfect one. But what has me wondering whats up is that you never let a top notch receiver (one with height especially) have deep releases without a safety over the top late in a close game. I still cant for the life of me understand why TJax was running one on one with Hall and we didnt have a safety over the top on those late deep routes.

Do we really need to say much about the game RG3 had? All the times ive drooled over Brady, Rodgers, and Peyton. Not anymore... Young and gifted is better than old and gifted. WOW....
This isn't really halls fault but our safeties have no range in coverage whatsoever. But today neither Hall nor Wilson could cover very much. Not one person in our secondary had a good game today.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #53
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSkins1961 View Post
I'd still bring in a few kickers to send a message to Cundiff. 6-10 for the year, okay I'll give a break on the 57yd & 60+yd attempts which makes it 6-8. Still needs to be sent a message. 2 misses in an game is not acceptable
There's something very concerning about missing a 31 yard FG. I feel like NFL caliber kickers need to be money 45 yards and under. Scrub college kids can make 31 yard kicks.

I don't care if we don't have a kicker who can't kick from 50+. 45 yards and under though? That should always be a gimme.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #54
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'm in agreement with you, but ask yourself this, at this time last year with Cam Newton having the rookie year he had, do you think he would be doing bad his sophomore year? Cause he is.
Yes. In fact worse. After 4 games he had already thrown 5 picks and was completing below 60%. Newton cares more about looking good than winning.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #55
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
This isn't really halls fault but our safeties have no range in coverage whatsoever. But today neither Hall nor Wilson could cover very much. Not one person in our secondary had a good game today.
Im not going to say he was great every play, but you cant get better coverage on some of those than he had today. That one throw by Freeman was perfect, just barely out of reach of Halls outstretched arm, and TJax still had to reach for it himself. A perfect pass will not be stopped by Revis and Ed Reed in double coverage.

As for Range in coverage, 2 deep already has them deep and if they only see one receiver going deep to their side, its an easy read to get there. And since our pass coverage took 5-7 seconds for our rush, the secondary should have given up 400 yards through the air. You do know our defense has 11 players, not 4.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #56
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
There's something very concerning about missing a 31 yard FG. I feel like NFL caliber kickers need to be money 45 yards and under. Scrub college kids can make 31 yard kicks.

I don't care if we don't have a kicker who can't kick from 50+. 45 yards and under though? That should always be a gimme.
Sure. Or coach can man up and go for it making the kicker irrelevant.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #57
ethat001
Impact Rookie

RG3 is a beast. The last drive RG3 even called his own plays, since his headset was out. Calm, poised. Every game seems like a different game plan, can't wait to see him with the full play book out there (and passing in red zone instead of running). Best thing is his accuracy and lack of interceptions. Need to work on fumbles however..

WTF with Merrriweather / Robinson? So strange..
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #58
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
RGIII is what makes the running game for the skins go, defenses don't know if he'll run, pitch it or hand it off.
I can't believe no one saw that coming during the offseason. Oh wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Especially with RG3 on the team the Skins should be top 5 in rushing, especially now that they have depth along the offensive line.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #59
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
RG3 is a beast. The last drive RG3 even called his own plays, since his headset was out. Calm, poised. Every game seems like a different game plan, can't wait to see him with the full play book out there (and passing in red zone instead of running). Best thing is his accuracy and lack of interceptions. Need to work on fumbles however..

WTF with Merrriweather / Robinson? So strange..
Let's not forget the hard count, he set TB offsides 3 times and he was so good he even had Lichtensteiger jump offsides once.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #60
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Im not going to say he was great every play, but you cant get better coverage on some of those than he had today. That one throw by Freeman was perfect, just barely out of reach of Halls outstretched arm, and TJax still had to reach for it himself. A perfect pass will not be stopped by Revis and Ed Reed in double coverage.

As for Range in coverage, 2 deep already has them deep and if they only see one receiver going deep to their side, its an easy read to get there. And since our pass coverage took 5-7 seconds for our rush, the secondary should have given up 400 yards through the air. You do know our defense has 11 players, not 4.
The receivers route can always be disrupted. Then there is no such thing as a perfect pass. And Hall had help most of the day. It isn't his fault that the help often didn't get there, but c'mon, it's a weekly occurrence with Hall. He got a pick today, so good for him. He is what he is.