^i meant d not team

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #47
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: How would Campbell Fit?

I never said that Campbell is one of great quarterbacks in NFL; we traded up and spent picks on Campbell, we might have missed "franchise" QB in the draft.. But Campbell is a player who can manage games, and maybe win some sometimes.. We all in NFL already know the recipe to be successful with Campbell under the center, and that is to have good offense linemen.. I keep telling you people that we don't have luxury of replacing a good QB with our limited picks, along with limited free agency, as well.. Samuels is more likely to retire next year, we are not sure whether if Heyer or Mike Williams is a solution.. We would only inflict our new QB with David Carr syndrome (or should I say Campbell syndrome) if we don't do something with our offense linemen.. Rinehart, Doc, Edwin, and possibly Heyer are keepers; I'm not so sure about Rabach, I think it's time for us to find new center.. Therefore, we need to replace two or three tackles and one center..

Now you tell me how we would be able to solve those necessities if we decide to draft a QB in 1st round?
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:34 PM   #48
mlmdub130
Playmaker

like i said i'm not a hater i agree with you, i want him back here and i want a qb 2nd round or 3rd if we can get one some how, the qb's are deep as s in this draft. we really don't have a better option than campbell next year

i just hate people trhat throw his stats out there like he is the next big thing if he only had a line

ST21
Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #49
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
like i said i'm not a hater i agree with you, i want him back here and i want a qb 2nd round or 3rd if we can get one some how, the qb's are deep as s in this draft. we really don't have a better option than campbell next year

i just hate people trhat throw his stats out there like he is the next big thing if he only had a line
I think people throw his stats out there to shut up the Snyder-like fans who think he is the only problem. I'd like us to get a 2nd rounder QB, and get a vet that can be in the interim.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #50
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
I used to feel that way; however, someone I can't remember who, quickly corrected me on that one, as he showed the results of QBs who were drafted 2nd round or less - it doesn't look good at all..
Old 11-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #51
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I used to feel that way; however, someone I can't remember who, quickly corrected me on that one, as he showed the results of QBs who were drafted 2nd round or less - it doesn't look good at all..
yeah but were there three heisman winners coming out that year, this is the deepest qb draft year in a long, long time, there are a lot of good guys coming out this year, mccoy could make it to the middle of the second round and i'm pretty sure that is right about where tony pike would fall and that is who i want

again you can't base everything off stats sometimes you just have to see what you have in front of you at the present time

ST21
Old 11-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #52
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'd like us to get a 2nd rounder QB, and get a vet that can be in the interim.
who and who?

ST21
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #53
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
who and who?
I dunno man, I do know that we better pick up Okung with that first rounder...did you see how the Pats D couldn't even breathe on Brees?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #54
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I dunno man, I do know that we better pick up Okung with that first rounder...did you see how the Pats D couldn't even breath on Brees?
:headbange
Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #55
mlmdub130
Playmaker

he tore them apart, i really can't wait to see him play in person, i think he is the best qb in the nfl right now

ST21
Old 11-30-2009, 11:47 PM   #56
mlmdub130
Playmaker

i'm just scared for jason cause you know g williams isn't holding back at all they will be blitzing every other down

ST21
Old 12-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #57
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
yeah but were there three heisman winners coming out that year, this is the deepest qb draft year in a long, long time, there are a lot of good guys coming out this year, mccoy could make it to the middle of the second round and i'm pretty sure that is right about where tony pike would fall and that is who i want

again you can't base everything off stats sometimes you just have to see what you have in front of you at the present time
True... I'm still going to stay with my belief, and go for offense linemen.. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, then..
Old 12-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #58
Big C
Mr. Brightside

i really think mccoy will be a bust, just dont think he will translate well to the nfl. if there were any qb id take it would be clausen, i think he will be an elite qb. other than that, id be happy with campbell staying.