Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What non-Divisional Team Do You Hate The Most?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #46
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Re: What non-Divisional Team Do You Hate The Most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I lived & worked in Pittsburgh for 5 years and the fans there are nuts, its 24/7 Steelers. They arent bandwagon, they are hard-core. I wouldnt judge the loyality of Steelers fans by a few shirt wearers in southeast VA.
Thats kinda how i figured those guys were, i have no problem with the Steelers, sure glad they put the Cowgirls in their place back in the day, X2.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #47
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
I lived & worked in Pittsburgh for 5 years and the fans there are nuts, its 24/7 Steelers. They arent bandwagon, they are hard-core. I wouldnt judge the loyality of Steelers fans by a few shirt wearers in southeast VA.
Funny you mention that. They had the actor from the primetime show Mike and Molly on Moving the Chains yesterday afternoon on SiriusXM NFL Radio. He is from Pittsburg and talked about how hardcore the Steelers fans were. How they eat, sleep, breath Steelers football. They shut down church for playoff games. Indoctrinate their kids before they can even read. The host Pat Kerwin was saying he was at a Steelers game one time and someone made a comment behind him that they thought they needed to get Santonio Holmes to do punt returns (this was Santonio's rookie season) and Pat turns around and it's a 6 year old kid talking about this stuff. You can't go by the Steelers fans here unless they used to live there. I should know, I have enough of them where I work. Adult and adolescent. Makes me sick.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing

Last edited by SkinzWin; 10-20-2011 at 02:28 PM.
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #48
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontrem View Post
Wait, why is Revis hard to hate? He held out into the season got a huge contract and then got hurt as Randy Moss was catching a TD over his head. Now I will say he is probably the best CB in the league, but that doesnt make it tough for me to hate him at all!
I like him shutting down OchoStinko, Owens, and Moss. He plays for the Jets so I didn't pay too much attention to his contract issue.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #49
MTK
\m/

In the 80's I didn't like the Broncos all that much, not sure why really, I guess I just wasn't an Elway fan. They don't bother me anymore though.

I get tired of the Steelers because their fans are everywhere.

Not a fan of the Dolphins mainly because their uniforms are horrible.

Gotta say though, outside of the division, I don't have any teams that I really despise that much.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #50
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
In the 80's I didn't like the Broncos all that much, not sure why really, I guess I just wasn't an Elway fan. They don't bother me anymore though.

Gotta say though, outside of the division, I don't have any teams that I really despise that much.
Steeler fans are everywhere because so many people moved out of Pittsburgh in the 80s. I travel all over the US and there is a Steeler bar in every town, no other team has that from what I have seen. IMO the Steelers are America's team.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #51
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Steeler fans are everywhere because so many people moved out of Pittsburgh in the 80s. I travel all over the US and there is a Steeler bar in every town, no other team has that from what I have seen. IMO the Steelers are America's team.
Yeah I get that, and I'm sure they've accumulated a lot of "out of town" fans over the years due to their crazy success in the 70s.

I wouldn't have a problem with calling them America's team. Or maybe the Packers too.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #52
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
:headbange Those were the days Bud!
Yes they were , and I was soooo young back then Lets hope history repeats itself soon as far as Redskins football is concerned .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #53
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Yes they were , and I was soooo young back then Lets hope history repeats itself soon as far as Redskins football is concerned .
Hope is all we got. 1971-1991 era of good football is all that seperates us from being Cleveland Browns fans.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #54
SBXVII
Franchise Player

LOL funny thread.....

for me it changes a lot. As others have said I really don't ..."hate" any team outside of our division but....

back in the 80's I hated the 49ers. Because it seemed they were the team to beat.

Patriots I've liked for the uniform change and hated for Bilacheat.

Seahawks because they knocked us out of the playoffs. and ugly uni's.

Ravens I hated and liked because they came in and won a SB so fast.

Steeler's cause their cocky.

Detroit cause we have trouble getting over the hump.

and honestly .... I don't know the Packers are starting to piss me off.

I just want the Skins to be a power house for a decade or two winning a couple of SB's, but that won't happen unless we have continuity. So MS and KS better get this ship righted offensively to help out the defense.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #55
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Hope is all we got. 1971-1991 era of good football is all that seperates us from being Cleveland Browns fans.
I have family in Ohio , the Steelers in the 70' s , Bronco's in the 80's along with horrible moves since have left them with no hope for the Browns . I think we are a year or 2 away ( maybe a qb ) , not sure about Cleveland ( would love to see them become great one day ) . We were very lucky during the 70's , 80's and 1991 !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #56
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:

OH YEAH ... forgot the Bronco's.... I hated Elway also. Felt he was over rated. Reminded me of a dumb skinny hick. Yeah he played well enough at the end of his career but he just seemd to be an idiot making idiot mistakes for the major part of his career.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #57
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:

You gleaned all this off the first page and tried to make it your own, did you not?

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #58
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah I get that, and I'm sure they've accumulated a lot of "out of town" fans over the years due to their crazy success in the 70s.

I wouldn't have a problem with calling them America's team. Or maybe the Packers too.
Those "out of town fans" are Pittsburghers who move away from Pittsburgh when the steel industry collapsed. Success or no success they were/are Steeler fans.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #59
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
I'm sure there are hard-core Cowgirl fans too as there is with all teams but that isn't the point I was trying to make nor the fans I was alluding to. I'm talking about their ABUNDANCE of new fans who wouldn't know a basketball from a football. They are fans because of their last 2 SB wins and there are PLENTY of them. Is that clear enough?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #60
Meks
Pro Bowl

Tampa bay
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote