Redemption Week!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #46
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Re: Redemption Week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
This will be a VERY hard game to win. Dirty Birds are desperate.

But if we can pull off the W, we'll officially move from "feel good story" to "legit division contenders".

Big game.
I agree that it will be a hard game to win, as are most division games. However the more I think about how "desperate" the iggles will be to win this game, the more I think we will be just as desperate to prove that we are a top tier NFC team! I can see our D selling out on every single play and forcing Vick into multiple turnovers. We have, what?, 3 picks so far this season? I would like to see us double that number this week!
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Rex has gotta back his words this week
Old 10-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #48
skinsman1
Camp Scrub

I'm saying skins 24 eagirls 17. Rex throws two to moss, and torain gets a rushing Td. Im not trying to spam but if anyone is interested I have a youtube channel talking about the redskins. check it out. The account is the same as my name on this site.
skinsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #49
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I just want to see good play calling from both the offense and the defense. Especially with the offense, I want us to exploit the Iggles offensive line. I don't want to see this whole three straight passes crap we've seen a couple of times.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #50
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
This will be a VERY hard game to win. Dirty Birds are desperate.

But if we can pull off the W, we'll officially move from "feel good story" to "legit division contenders".

Big game.
Couldn't agree more.

The Eagles are not going to be an easy out by any means. They're a wounded animal right now- dangerous. They can score on anyone. All they have to do is clean up those turnovers. We're going to really have to establish the run and pound, pound, pound. Chew clock and keep it out of the hands of their offense.

I've heard plenty of people this week around town just assuming we're going to kick their asses. I don't think so. This is a massive game, and I'm nervous.

We haven't been able to deliver a knockout punch to a team in 20 years. We can effectively take all meaning out of the rest of Eagles season if we beat them, and more importantly we can seriously derail the entire direction of their franchise (well they're already hanging by a thread, we just need to cut it).

What an opportunity.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #51
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Like Doc Hudson said: "Guido, it's time"!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #52
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsman1 View Post
I'm saying skins 24 eagirls 17. Rex throws two to moss, and torain gets a rushing Td. Im not trying to spam but if anyone is interested I have a youtube channel talking about the redskins. check it out. The account is the same as my name on this site.
I don't think Moss is going to have a good game... Philly's shut down Roddy White, Stevie Johnson and Hakeem Nicks.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

In a way I fear that we will shut Vick and the Eagles down in the first half and Young or Kafka will step in and the team will rally around them.

But then the other side of me says, while he denies it, Shanahan is reminding them everyday of 59-28 as Gibbs did after the bodybag game and just before we beat them in the playoffs
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #54
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Like GMScud posted....MAN does this game have some implications. Sort of our coming out party IF we do not piss the bed. It will mean much one way or the other as to the progress of the team...rebuild.
BUT, it Ain't gonna' come easy as we will be going against a junkyard dog with it's back against the wall. If the E's have any pride left (and they do) we will be getting EVERYTHING they have to give. It is must...MUST win for them!
Pound the rock, control the clock, keep the pressure off Rex, smart AGGRESSIVE D and we can take this. Get sloppy...I don't even want to think.
HTTR!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #55
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

if we win this game we will win the EAST IMO, thats how huge this one is folks, if we lose then I'll say we aren't ready for that leap yet
Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #56
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

I want our pass rush to show up against that supposedly shitty O-line. Haslett has no excuse now. He better plagarize Perry Fewell's strategy at stomping Vick or else his head is going in that vice and getting squeezed.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

We are in the top 10 in sacks I believe, so we will bring the pressure dont worry
Old 10-13-2011, 02:17 AM   #58
WilbursHomie
Special Teams

We win if we do 3 things that we forget to do sometimes. 1- put a leash on Dirty 30 so he plays smart and doesn't hulk out and blow coverage. D will hold to 17 points if he does that. 2-Run the ball with Night Train Torain early. Get him good and pissed and point him towards a linebackers face. 3-Rex plays mistake free. The first 2 are easy. The 3rd has me losing sleep at night.
WilbursHomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:50 AM   #59
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Philly is off to a much worse start than the 2000 Redskins. While the Skins had a good-looking 3-2 five weeks into the season, the Sheagles are off to an absolutely pathetic start. lol

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #60
Jontrem
Impact Rookie

Michael Vick takes issue with Peter King’s comments - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Holy cow, they really are just like us from years past! Bunch of mercenaries who aren't meshing as a team and LOVE drama!
Jontrem is offline   Reply With Quote