NBA Screwed?: James Leaning Towards Heat

Other Sports

Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: NBA Screwed?: James Leaning Towards Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Wasn't he already throwing to high schoolers last week? I get the feeling the Favre-Fest 2010 version won't be like the past few seasons. He needed that ankle surgery to play this year went ahead and had it done, plus this year's Vikings team is as good as any team he's had his entire career. I think it's a forgone conclusion he's playing this year.
Yeah, just saying we'll be seeing those clips until he makes his formal decision. I think everyone, including himself, knows he's going to play. Still, the media loves them some Favre.

Advertisements
Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #47
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

I heard a rumor yesterday that his management team changed their official address for tax purposes to Chicago. That came from someone in Ohio state gov.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #48
GMScud
Swearinger

The fact that there's no state income tax in Florida certainly helps the notion of LBJ taking a paycut to play in Miami.

I really miss not paying state income tax down there.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #49
GMScud
Swearinger

If I was LeBron I'd go to Chicago. The Bulls have some horses on that roster already, and he can still be THE MAN on that team. Bosh and Wade are great for sure, but that team will always be D-Wade's as long as he's on that roster. In Chi-town, Lebron could still strengthen his "brand," and win rings at the same time.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #50
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
If I was LeBron I'd go to Chicago. The Bulls have some horses on that roster already, and he can still be THE MAN on that team. Bosh and Wade are great for sure, but that team will always be D-Wade's as long as he's on that roster. In Chi-town, Lebron could still strengthen his "brand," and win rings at the same time.

Rose and LJ is an exciting combo for sure.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Agreed. Wonder if the Cavs possibly trading for Johnny Flynn and Barbosa helps at all though?

Still, the Bulls I think are his best option.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #52
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Agreed. Wonder if the Cavs possibly trading for Johnny Flynn and Barbosa helps at all though?

Still, the Bulls I think are his best option.
I don't think so. Even if that trade went down, if I'm Lebron I put my choices at 1) Chicago 2) Miami 3) Cleveland 4) NYK.

Think of how nasty that Bulls team would be? LBJ, Rose, Noah, Boozer, and whoever else? Hell, make me the 5th starter and they still win 50 games.

On a side note, Skip Bayless may be my least favorite person in all of sports media.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #53
GMScud
Swearinger

Was just listening to Outside the Lines (shocker, Lebron special). So ESPN agrees to air an hour-long special to promote a decision that can be stated in 10 seconds, and then they have a panel of journalists on OTL just straight up blasting Lebron & Co for putting on such a show? LOL. Gotta love the media.

Sorry SS, I'm piling on a bit.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #54
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
LeBron would never go to Chicago, he knows he would always be in the shadow of Jordan.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #55
12thMan
MVP

He's going to the Knicks. Write it down.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #56
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
I could get behind that. Though if you think about it the Bulls with Lebron would be more stacked then the Heat with Lebron. Boozer, Rose, Noah, Deng, Pargo, James > Wade, Bosh, Lebron, Mario.

Someone mentioned though that James is a front runner and to that I wonder how you can say that. I mean why? Because his childhood teams were the Yankees, Bulls, and Cowboys? Please, if Lebron is a front runner then I still have a 359 after the Dirtbag portion of my handle.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #57
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Chris Paul just signed with LeBron's marketing team...that only means one thing...they're both going to the Knicks
Old 07-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #58
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Chris Paul just signed with LeBron's marketing team...that only means one thing...they're both going to the Knicks
Didn't CP3 sign an extension last year?
Old 07-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #59
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack359 View Post
If Steve Nash is a two-time MVP in D'Antoni's system, than imagine the numbers that a guy like CP3 would put up. By the way Smootsmack359, I realize you're kidding about CP3 going to New York.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #60
12thMan
MVP

I think Lebron's going to the Knicks for three reasons:

1) His star can't get bigger in Chicago, Miami, or Cleveland. But it can in NY. I think he can take his persona and image to an unbelievably new level by going to NY.

2) He'll be JayZ's cross town rival. I think playing for the Knicks will make him more than just a basketball star, but somewhat of a hip-hop icon. Whenever the Nets face the Knicks the NBA will try to market this as Lebron v. Jay.

3) Lebron wants to be somewhere he can say he's primarily responsible for the team winning. In Miami he'll share that glory with two other superstars. And the question will forever be, is it Lebron's team or Wade's. I don' think he'll go for that.

Also by teaming up with Stoudemire, he'll be forming one of the top duos in the NBA. People will think Kobe/Gasol, Wade/Bosh, and Lebron/Stoudemire.