Tony Dungy's son found dead

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-23-2005, 09:12 PM   #46
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Tony Dungy's son found dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsNDeacs
I just saw what was reported to be his sons profile page on "myspace". I could post it but I am not going to, you could probably find it on your own. leave at he was a very troubled young man. I feel so bad for Dungy. He really seams like one of the good guys in pro sports
I tried to find that,I couldnt,youve got me interested in what he posted now
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2005, 09:19 PM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan
I tried to find that,I couldnt,youve got me interested in what he posted now
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS03/512230497
Old 12-23-2005, 11:10 PM   #48
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

wow what a christmas present to give your parents. I understand he must have been extremely troubled seeing that his role models are the DC snipers but you can only imagine what kind of pain he is causing his family and they will always ask 'could we have done something'.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:27 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I heard something about how he had nearly overdosed on painkillers a couple of months back, but the paramedics came on time. Really, it's just a sad situation all around. I almost feel kind of weird having a thread about it, almost feel like we're minimizing the tragedy of it by talking about in a sports forum. But maybe it helps to discuss it. I can't imagine any of us aren't in some way moved by this.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:46 PM   #50
FirstandTen
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
I heard something about how he had nearly overdosed on painkillers a couple of months back, but the paramedics came on time. Really, it's just a sad situation all around. I almost feel kind of weird having a thread about it, almost feel like we're minimizing the tragedy of it by talking about in a sports forum. But maybe it helps to discuss it. I can't imagine any of us aren't in some way moved by this.
Honestly TAFKAS I am not moved by this anymore, after hearing every head on ESPN,Radio,CNNSI, etc... weight in on this I just don't want to hear about it ANYMORE!!! People die everyday.; Famous people die everyday. In fact Rasheed Wallace's brother was shot and killed today and not many people are infatuated with this. If this was for example Norv Turner's son it would not be as big of a story. If anything this tragedy will inspire the Colts to win go all the way for their coach. Im not trying to be a cold hearted here but if Dungy wasn't the coach of a Top NFL team no one would have hear about this......
FirstandTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:21 AM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandTen
Honestly TAFKAS I am not moved by this anymore, after hearing every head on ESPN,Radio,CNNSI, etc... weight in on this I just don't want to hear about it ANYMORE!!! People die everyday.; Famous people die everyday. In fact Rasheed Wallace's brother was shot and killed today and not many people are infatuated with this. If this was for example Norv Turner's son it would not be as big of a story. If anything this tragedy will inspire the Colts to win go all the way for their coach. Im not trying to be a cold hearted here but if Dungy wasn't the coach of a Top NFL team no one would have hear about this......
It's a good point what you say about Sheed's brother. And in a way you're kind of saying what I'm trying to say, which is that this is a private matter for the Dungy family but because of who he is it's become news. But with all the news outlets and websites discussing it you sort of take away from it being a personal tragedy for the Dungys and instead it's become a story.

But what I meant by moved by it was that I'm sure most people when they first saw or heard about it were in shock, again because of who Dungy is, and felt compelled to discuss it. Seeing as to that's what we do here.

Not to add more morbidity to it all but didn't Tony Dungy's dad die a couple of months ago as well?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:34 AM   #52
PhxRedSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandTen
SICK to my Stomach! You do not want to hear about Dungy's son anymore but you hog and clamor the tv when there is news about T.O. Leave that poor family out of your conversations, and just put them in your prayers. Yes everyday people die, and those people are just as cherished to their loved ones as Dungy's son is. I do not like seeing this insensitivity coming from my Skins bretheren. My brother was murdered on 9/7/1997. And life has gone on, not easily. Yeah, Dungy makes national news, does not make his grief any easier. What I am asking Santa Claus for is that all of you who read my post tell your loved ones that you love them. There are some things in this world that money can not buy or buy back. Football is a game! Things exist that are more important.

merry Christmas
PhxRedSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxRedSkin
SICK to my Stomach! You do not want to hear about Dungy's son anymore but you hog and clamor the tv when there is news about T.O. Leave that poor family out of your conversations, and just put them in your prayers. Yes everyday people die, and those people are just as cherished to their loved ones as Dungy's son is. I do not like seeing this insensitivity coming from my Skins bretheren. My brother was murdered on 9/7/1997. And life has gone on, not easily. Yeah, Dungy makes national news, does not make his grief any easier. What I am asking Santa Claus for is that all of you who read my post tell your loved ones that you love them. There are some things in this world that money can not buy or buy back. Football is a game! Things exist that are more important.

merry Christmas
That's very sad about your brother. And your post is in many ways true. But I don't think FirstandTen ever said anything about TO. I don't know if it was intentional but I just don't want people here inaccurately thinking that First said "enough with Dungy, give me more TO"