Love that guy.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:53 PM   #2
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Dallass Postgame Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

He's a stud.

Just from the way he started that speech: "I'm know I'm still a young guy, ain't a captain or nothing...", my guess is he hasn't been very vocal in the locker room as of yet. Which is just fine, because you do have to earn respect... I do think he has earned it though, and this is a great sign. This team needs his leadership, and more players with his character and drive.

BTW, Haskins should just hand over his C to this dude.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #3
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
He's a stud.

Just from the way he started that speech: "I'm know I'm still a young guy, ain't a captain or nothing...", my guess is he hasn't been very vocal in the locker room as of yet. Which is just fine, because you do have to earn respect... I do think he has earned it though, and this is a great sign. This team needs his leadership, and more players with his character and drive.

Amen
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
He's a stud.

McLaurin is awesome. He will be a captain soon enough.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
He's a stud.

This. Just the way he approached it is exactly the way to do it as a young guy who still acts like he hasn't earned any respect in the locker room (even though we know that's not the case). Especially without having a stud veteran wideout to set the example, I hope the rest of our young wideouts try to emulate him in their work ethic.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:51 AM   #6
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Wow! He is the definition of a team leader. Impressive.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:24 PM   #7
Number44
Special Teams

To think, had the officials called the Giants' illegal contact penalty on the 2-point conversion, we might well have three wins with the tie breaker vs. all three division opponents.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #8
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Holcomb balled out. Gibson and mclaurin balled out. Im not gonna get upset about draft position because we have so many holes and a 1st round talent at any of those positions will be great. I still want us to win. I cant condition that out of my system. We played the best 60 minutes we have in a while.
I hate the Bostic hit. Anyone who does that should be suspended, imo.
It was a good game. I wasnt expecting that, honeslty...but i love seeing us win. Allen looks like he can be a competent qb if he can cut the turnovers out. He made some really great throws in traffic. Took sacks where he needed to, and wasn't the cause of turnovers. I knownhes not a world beater....but with more play time in a system he knows, he could hold us over if we don't get "that" guy in the draft. Theres a lot to like about this game today. I like winning, damn the draft....esp in a Dallas week.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:10 PM   #9
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Holcomb balled out. Gibson and mclaurin balled out. Im not gonna get upset about draft position because we have so many holes and a 1st round talent at any of those positions will be great. I still want us to win. I cant condition that out of my system. We played the best 60 minutes we have in a while.

It was a good game. I wasnt expecting that, honeslty...but i love seeing us win. Allen looks like he can be a competent qb if he can cut the turnovers out. He made some really great throws in traffic. Took sacks where he needed to, and wasn't the cause of turnovers. I knownhes not a world beater....but with more play time in a system he knows, he could hold us over if we don't get "that" guy in the draft. Theres a lot to like about this game today. I like winning, damn the draft....esp in a Dallas week.
Yep all great points.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Agreed.

This draft nonsense - the two best young qb's in the NFL today (Mahomes and Russell Wilson) were drafted with the 10th overall pick and in the 3rd round. With 2 wins we're already out of the TL sweepstakes anyways and he might stay in school if the Jets get the first overall pick. If Kyle Allen isn't the guy (and we know he might not be, and we know we won't have an opportunity to take the guy we want in the draft) go get another stopgap qb in FA to hold down the fort until we get a long term solution. Can't holdup 52 guys for 1 guy like Ron said.

On the Bostic hit, that was hella dirty and he deserves everything he gets. But I have yet to see a pattern with Bostic the way everyone saw it with Vontaze Burfict so I don't think he needs to be cut. Just accept the suspension and be better next time. Because if there is a next time, he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:41 PM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Agreed.

This draft nonsense - the two best young qb's in the NFL today (Mahomes and Russell Wilson) were drafted with the 10th overall pick and in the 3rd round. With 2 wins we're already out of the TL sweepstakes anyways and he might stay in school if the Jets get the first overall pick. If Kyle Allen isn't the guy (and we know he might not be, and we know we won't have an opportunity to take the guy we want in the draft) go get another stopgap qb in FA to hold down the fort until we get a long term solution. Can't holdup 52 guys for 1 guy like Ron said.

On the Bostic hit, that was hella dirty and he deserves everything he gets. But I have yet to see a pattern with Bostic the way everyone saw it with Vontaze Burfict so I don't think he needs to be cut. Just accept the suspension and be better next time. Because if there is a next time, he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.

Allen better not be the guy. Lol. He is the stop gap. Against a terrible team with a terrible defense he played well. But we need to address the position in a big way.
As for not top ten draft picks that pan out well id say that the numbers show it is usually a top 5 guy. If we can get one later that is what makes teams real winners. With our history of drafting quarterbacks im not gonna hold my breath. It would be absolutely awesome to hit on a quarterback outside the first round and address the o line in the first though.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:52 PM   #12
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Allen better not be the guy. Lol. He is the stop gap. Against a terrible team with a terrible defense he played well. But we need to address the position in a big way.
As for not top ten draft picks that pan out well id say that the numbers show it is usually a top 5 guy. If we can get one later that is what makes teams real winners. With our history of drafting quarterbacks im not gonna hold my breath. It would be absolutely awesome to hit on a quarterback outside the first round and address the o line in the first though.
Our best qb in years was cousins. He was a (fact check please) 4th or 5th. I agree the position def needs to be addressed. But Allen isn't the worst case scenario. Like.....i think haskins is the worst case scenario. I just hope that the current regime can make non Snyder draft decisions and pick with heads not hearts.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:30 AM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Agreed.

I get so tired of the draft pick bullshit. It's loser talk. Play the damn games.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:27 PM   #14
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

I agree...havent seen a history of ill plays like that. Maybe it was a 1 off. I dont think we should cut him or anything.....but that play was dirty and may well have resulted in a concusion. Nooo bueno. Also, things in gsme im sure get heated and people do things occasionally that are in the moment. Like....i think wr/secondary play should be let go more, but hitting sliding qbs needs to be punished.

Aside from that, I can see allen as a alex smith 2.0. Maybe better. I like the kid. Like I said.....not a world beater....but if he can stop turning the ball over I think he's more than competent in this system.
Today was a good day.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:31 PM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

If you didn't enjoy Holcomb putting Zeke on his ass en route to Dalton, gtfo out of this thread.

https://streamable.com/ufwsn5#

Shoutout to Holcomb, he played a great game today.