Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Republican nominee for President

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #571
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Republican nominee for President

Trump has really torpedoed any chance he had in the last couple weeks. Turns out, there was no post-primary Trump 2.0. Just the same old same old - and that doesn't play well in the big leagues.

While I think we can look forward to 4 to 8 years of "Constitution? I don't need no stinkin' Constitution" and active deceit from the White House, my bigger concern is a one-party Congress/Presidency. The Republicans have been the party of "No" for a while now, and either they really have no positive message or the Dems' spin masters just pwn them all day every day (I think its some of both). Either way, without a strong top ticket, the Repubs just don't have message to sell.

It's one of the reasons they got stuck with Trump. He may be a demagogue and a charlatan, but he puts a message out that says "We aren't just gonna wag our fingers and sit by as our borders are overrun by illegal immigrants, we aren't gonna pretend that radical Islam is not a thing, we are going to do stuff about it."

Well, while the message resonated with a lot of folks, the messenger was incompetent and, now, the message just comes across as racist and ignorant and could well drag down every Republican who doesn't distance themselves from it. Particularly with the majority of the mass media (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) jumping on and highlighting every Trump misstep (while downplaying every misstep from the Clinton camp).

[And to the liberals out there saying "Well, duh, his message is racist and ignorant." I respectfully suggest that you are hearing exactly what you want to hear and what the media is feeding you. Regardless of the message's fumbled presentation, I respectfully disagree with: (1) the left's concept that immigration should be viewed from the perspective of "What's best for the immigrants" as opposed to "What's best for the host country" - even if this leads to harsh decisions; (2) of the left's refusal to acknowledge that, worldwide, the Muslim faith is and has been a breeding ground for violence by discontented, disconnected and dissatisfied individuals and groups who seek justification for their use of violence (While I am happy to discuss the theology/history separately - in my opinion - by tradition and by the spiritual authority/direction given, no other major religion lends itself to the justification of violence in the way that Islam does); and (3) the left's fundamental belief that the 2nd Amendment is outdated and unnecessary.]

This election has all the makings of installing a one-party state. Given that particular party's pandering to "feel good" solutions that make a majority of sheeple happy, I just envision a continuing erosion of the rule of law and American world power. It just my opinion FWIW, but I believe the end result of a Clinton presidency/Dem congress will be less personal freedom and a less secure world.

Advertisements
Old 09-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #572
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Gary Johnson snags newspaper endorsement - CNNPolitics.com

Richmond Times-Dispatch endorses Gary Johnson for president - Richmond Times-Dispatch: OUR OPINION

Nice! Good to see the support!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #573
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Trump has really torpedoed any chance he had in the last couple weeks. Turns out, there was no post-primary Trump 2.0. Just the same old same old - and that doesn't play well in the big leagues.

While I think we can look forward to 4 to 8 years of "Constitution? I don't need no stinkin' Constitution" and active deceit from the White House, my bigger concern is a one-party Congress/Presidency. The Republicans have been the party of "No" for a while now, and either they really have no positive message or the Dems' spin masters just pwn them all day every day (I think its some of both). Either way, without a strong top ticket, the Repubs just don't have message to sell.

It's one of the reasons they got stuck with Trump. He may be a demagogue and a charlatan, but he puts a message out that says "We aren't just gonna wag our fingers and sit by as our borders are overrun by illegal immigrants, we aren't gonna pretend that radical Islam is not a thing, we are going to do stuff about it."

Well, while the message resonated with a lot of folks, the messenger was incompetent and, now, the message just comes across as racist and ignorant and could well drag down every Republican who doesn't distance themselves from it. Particularly with the majority of the mass media (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) jumping on and highlighting every Trump misstep (while downplaying every misstep from the Clinton camp).

[And to the liberals out there saying "Well, duh, his message is racist and ignorant." I respectfully suggest that you are hearing exactly what you want to hear and what the media is feeding you. Regardless of the message's fumbled presentation, I respectfully disagree with: (1) the left's concept that immigration should be viewed from the perspective of "What's best for the immigrants" as opposed to "What's best for the host country" - even if this leads to harsh decisions; (2) of the left's refusal to acknowledge that, worldwide, the Muslim faith is and has been a breeding ground for violence by discontented, disconnected and dissatisfied individuals and groups who seek justification for their use of violence (While I am happy to discuss the theology/history separately - in my opinion - by tradition and by the spiritual authority/direction given, no other major religion lends itself to the justification of violence in the way that Islam does); and (3) the left's fundamental belief that the 2nd Amendment is outdated and unnecessary.]

This election has all the makings of installing a one-party state. Given that particular party's pandering to "feel good" solutions that make a majority of sheeple happy, I just envision a continuing erosion of the rule of law and American world power. It just my opinion FWIW, but I believe the end result of a Clinton presidency/Dem congress will be less personal freedom and a less secure world.

Completely Agree with everything you said!
Old 10-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #574
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Trump bragged on hot mic about being able to grope women - CNNPolitics.com

Lol...

He Gets Us
Old 10-07-2016, 08:51 PM   #575
MTK
\m/

Trump is a complete disaster. Just disgusting. Thanks Republicans, nice job.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #576
MTK
\m/

Paul Ryan grow some balls and step the fuck up.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #577
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Paul Ryan grow some balls and step the fuck up.
Our 2020 president elect has...

He Gets Us
Old 10-08-2016, 09:12 AM   #578
MTK
\m/

He needs to pull his endorsement. Anyone still supporting this toxic piece of trash is a disgrace.

"Make America great again"

Old 10-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #579
skinsfan69
Living Legend

We have ridiculous inner city crime, ISIS, immigration issues and the media is worried about some frat boy talk? Give me a freakin break.

Trump is unfit mentally to be President, but I really don't care about over exaggerated locker room talk.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:34 PM   #580
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Its ok for Bill (Hillary's husband) to use women in the white house but messed up for the republicans. The democrats set the low standard bar for morality in office. Give me a fricking break

Sent from my S6 Edge
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:50 PM   #581
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Its ok for Bill (Hillary's husband) to use women in the white house but messed up for the republicans. The democrats set the low standard bar for morality in office. Give me a fricking break

Sent from my S6 Edge

No. it is not. It is wildly immature aside from immoral. However - i can look past a moment of infidelity. It doesn't always make you an Asshole. Now if a microphone caught Bill talking about her and calling her a pig or piece of trash than I would call him an Asshole. Lets also not forget that this is also lending itself to his view on women's rights as expecting mothers in the work place, or him ambushing a woman with television cameras while she works out to lose weight as he stands over her like her owner. This video is just the icing on his d-bag cake.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:32 PM   #582
MTK
\m/

Yes let's blame Bill for Trump's problems. Unbelievable. And how was anything "ok" with what he did?? They tried to impeach him for crying out loud.

This is more than frat boy talk, it's a grown ass man basically admitting he is ok with sexual assault. Disgusting.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:49 PM   #583
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Little bit of a sidenote, but my sister was at the Super Bowl in Miami like 10 years ago and was hit on by that billy bush guy. She pulled the "aren't you married?" Line with him because she said he was aggressive talking to her. Said he was a douche almighty. Completely no class.

trump is a disrespectful piece of crap. How does he explain to his wife?

He Gets Us
Old 10-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #584
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Little bit of a sidenote, but my sister was at the Super Bowl in Miami like 10 years ago and was hit on by that billy bush guy. She pulled the "aren't you married?" Line with him because she said he was aggressive talking to her. Said he was a douche almighty. Completely no class.

trump is a disrespectful piece of crap. How does he explain to his wife?

I sort of look at it this way. Why did she marry Trump? If he made 150k would she have married him? No way in hell. Not a effing chance. So to me she's really not too much better than he is. 100% gold digging at it's finest. When shit comes out like this I really can't feel sorry for her.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:48 PM   #585
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No. it is not. It is wildly immature aside from immoral. However - i can look past a moment of infidelity. It doesn't always make you an Asshole. Now if a microphone caught Bill talking about her and calling her a pig or piece of trash than I would call him an Asshole. Lets also not forget that this is also lending itself to his view on women's rights as expecting mothers in the work place, or him ambushing a woman with television cameras while she works out to lose weight as he stands over her like her owner. This video is just the icing on his d-bag cake.
try a lifetime time of harassment, rape, BJs by interns. The left's hypocrisy is pathetic
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote