What REALLY grinds your gears?

Parking Lot

Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #556
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Given that my point was about respect for others (hence my repeated use of the word "respect"), yeah, you missed my point.
Show me my initial disrespect in any stated question at the start of any thread I've authored. Not perceived, actual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
BTW in that other thread I did not insult you. Someone just took it that way. If I wanted to insult you, you would know it. There would be no ambiguity.
No, calling someone 'stupid' by using thirteen or more words in a sentence isn't an insult, it's 'clever'.

/sarc

Please feel free to insult me, this is just a forum, not real life.

The ambiguity is over, there in a box*.

For my fellow Monty Python fans
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #557
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Well then, it's me. <snip>
No, still me.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #558
MTK
\m/

Let's not ruin the parking lot too.

I swear some people are so touchy.

I've always liked SS's sig, so fitting at times.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #559
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

^^^^^
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #560
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:

Well to be honest, the sig is about me. Just sayin.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #561
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Well to be honest, the sig is about me. Just sayin.
True
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #562
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Where in my post does a hint of hurt feeling occur?

'Tone'. Trick, please!

Why not go to PM and save wasting space on this forum, mooby, eh?

Oh, and I have incriminating pictures of some of the original Mods. They let me Mod until I realized it's actually no fun.
Ohhhh, so that's why.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #563
GMScud
Swearinger

There was a woman at the gym today who was walking around from machine to machine with some awful music blaring from her iPhone speakers.... without wearing headphones. Anyone not plugged in was subject to her crap. I was listening to my own music, but I saw her getting some looks from people who weren't... In what world is that okay? I had half a mind to tell her off, but whatever.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #564
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
There was a woman at the gym today who was walking around from machine to machine with some awful music blaring from her iPhone speakers.... without wearing headphones. Anyone not plugged in was subject to her crap. I was listening to my own music, but I saw her getting some looks from people who weren't... In what world is that okay? I had half a mind to tell her off, but whatever.
Wow. I've never experienced that. What I hate is when people hang around on the equipment. Like yeah, I hang a little bit. I take a 1-2 minute breather, then I'm working on my next set. I've watched people have a conversation sitting on the equipment, or just sitting there like its a chair. I'm like come on, there's a lounge, go sit there. Or when someone is lifting and 2-3 of their friends are crowded around 1 piece of equipment monopolizing it. Lifting every 5-10 minutes but mostly just chit chatting. BLAH.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #565
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Wow. I've never experienced that. What I hate is when people hang around on the equipment. Like yeah, I hang a little bit. I take a 1-2 minute breather, then I'm working on my next set. I've watched people have a conversation sitting on the equipment, or just sitting there like its a chair. I'm like come on, there's a lounge, go sit there. Or when someone is lifting and 2-3 of their friends are crowded around 1 piece of equipment monopolizing it. Lifting every 5-10 minutes but mostly just chit chatting. BLAH.
I see that all the time. If they're by a piece of equipment I want to use, I straight up ask them, are you using this or can I jump in? If I get an attitude from them, I let them know what's up. The gym isn't social hour. I've had more than one argument on the gym floor. I don't care. If you're here to sort of mess around with some equipment, talk on the phone, text message, and socialize, then GTFO. Sorry, I have a strict workout routine and a finite amount of time to execute it. If you're screwing around and you're in my way, you'll get strong-armed, and I don't feel bad about it.

IMO gyms these days needs to do a better job policing the social networks that camp out on their equipment. I see way too many people who spend 90 minutes on the gym floor, 70 of which are social hour. Screw that. Go to a bar if that's what you want to do. Don't waste my time because you want to look trendy and fit by having a gym membership.

/rant
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #566
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
I see that all the time. If they're by a piece of equipment I want to use, I straight up ask them, are you using this or can I jump in? If I get an attitude from them, I let them know what's up. The gym isn't social hour. I've had more than one argument on the gym floor. I don't care. If you're here to sort of mess around with some equipment, talk on the phone, text message, and socialize, then GTFO. Sorry, I have a strict workout routine and a finite amount of time to execute it. If you're screwing around and you're in my way, you'll get strong-armed, and I don't feel bad about it.

IMO gyms these days needs to do a better job policing the social networks that camp out on their equipment. I see way too many people who spend 90 minutes on the gym floor, 70 of which are social hour. Screw that. Go to a bar if that's what you want to do. Don't waste my time because you want to look trendy and fit by having a gym membership.

/rant
Every day.....most don't have a problem with it. Some get a little insulted. BUT, either way, point made.....
As GMS stated, I'm not there for a social.....outing.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #567
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
hey thanks to all of you guys for your hardwork in getting the site back up, much appreciated...I do have a question, for those of us who don't know, how does this site get hosted from a financial perspective? I got to thinking about it these past few days when i was really wanting to read all the posts...
That is exactly why I avoid making gym friends.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #568
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

/rant
This. The only time I get to workout any more is after work, between 6-8 pm when the gym is always crowded. Unfortunately the social circles are always there and always chatting around the equipment. I can respect taking a one or two minute breather in between sets, but it seems like they do one set, take a five minute break, do another set, and then rotate and repeat with the next guy, all while talking.

I've seen the same 3 guys hog the biceps curl machine for the entire 90 minutes I'm at the gym. It is ridiculous, and unfortunately nobody stops them because they're all buddy-buddy with the guys that work at the gym. And it sucks because the biceps curl machine is one of the most popular pieces of equipment in my gym.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #569
MTK
\m/

The gym sure can be full of fail at times.

Some use it more as a place to socialize, which I don't have a huge problem with in theory, just be respectful of those that are there to, I dunno, actually get in a workout.

I'm thankful to have a gym that's part of our HOA, it's on the small side but usually there may only be one or two people there at a time. Still, you find those that crank up the TV to ungodly volumes, and those that don't wipe down equipment - which is one of my biggest gym pet peeves. Clean up after your sweaty ass!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #570
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
The gym sure can be full of fail at times.

Some use it more as a place to socialize, which I don't have a huge problem with in theory, just be respectful of those that are there to, I dunno, actually get in a workout.

I'm thankful to have a gym that's part of our HOA, it's on the small side but usually there may only be one or two people there at a time. Still, you find those that crank up the TV to ungodly volumes, and those that don't wipe down equipment - which is one of my biggest gym pet peeves. Clean up after your sweaty ass!

Look at my post 553; this thread has been doing some weird things. I went to quote GMScud and that is what it gave me as a quote. Weird.