2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-16-2022, 09:37 AM   #556
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I would have liked to keep both of them, but JDM is currently the 18th highest paid RB. His production was nice, but not worth that compensation. If I were him, I would have just taken that and ran too. No way Washington was going to pay him like that. There will most definitely be other options to replace that production, including a tweak to the offensive scheme.
I think you may have missed my point, which was probably my fault as I seem to be bordering on ranting in some of posts recently. If they didn't think he was worth it, thats fine. My point was more about the reputation the FO has and the need to improve it. They could have just said "Thanks for you effort JDM, but we cant afford what you are going to command. We wish you the best" but they didn't. They expected him or his agent to come back and give them the choice of whether to match the offer. Their apparently high handed approach risked pissing off players and agents which, with the teams current reputation, they cannot afford.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2022, 09:50 AM   #557
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I think you may have missed my point, which was probably my fault as seem to be bordering on ranting in some of posts recently. If they didn't think he was worth it, thats fine. My point was more about the reputation the FO has and the need to imorove it. They could have just said "Thanks for you effort JDM, but we cant afford what you going to command. We wish you the best" but they didn't. They expected him or his agent to come back and give them the choice of whether to match the offer. They risked pissng off players and agents which, with the teams current reputation, they cannot afford.
Meh that is a stretch, you really don't know how they left it with JD or how it was fully handle you are going off media post. the NFL is a business you can do business with out sending a Thank You or I am Sorry card every time.

Plus we are not a Auto Parts story these agents and players only have 32 choices that they can shop their services, agents get it you win some and lose some. JD isn't on the street has more money and is playing for a SB contender, I doubt they are cursing the Commanders for not saying we are sorry.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:09 AM   #558
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
this just might be my gut talking i don't have much data to go on but all these big day one FA signing, i mean the majority never really work out. IT gives the fan base something to be excited about sure but does it normally boost a team a ton.

JD adn Logan Thomas are good examples of finding value in FA which takes a hell of alot more thinking then just dropping a billion dollars on one star guy. Remeber when we all wanted Austin Hooper, i totally have Thomas over him now.
Just to add the main focus of this offseason was QB, that was our "big move". We should know better than just about every other fan base that chasing the big fish in free agency rarely works out very well.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:12 AM   #559
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Are we saying McCain is overpaid at 2 yrs $11M?
YES! You can just put Apke back there to blow coverages. He is a 2 mill per type of player. He blows coverages and then whines about it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:13 AM   #560
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Just to add the main focus of this offseason was QB, that was our "big move". We should know better than just about every other fan base that chasing the big fish in free agency rarely works out very well.

and JD is very replaceable. I enjoyed him he made some big plays for us but you can find production in someone else, he was no Clinton Portis
Old 03-16-2022, 10:16 AM   #561
MTK
\m/

Perhaps the coaches are confident in Patterson to step up? JDM was a very productive player here, but you do draft and sign these guys for a reason right? I guess I'm just not too worked up over this.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:16 AM   #562
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I think you may have missed my point, which was probably my fault as I seem to be bordering on ranting in some of posts recently. If they didn't think he was worth it, thats fine. My point was more about the reputation the FO has and the need to improve it. They could have just said "Thanks for you effort JDM, but we cant afford what you are going to command. We wish you the best" but they didn't. They expected him or his agent to come back and give them the choice of whether to match the offer. Their apparently high handed approach risked pissing off players and agents which, with the teams current reputation, they cannot afford.
That's your version of what happened.

My version: Buffalo offered JDM twice what he is worth and they knew no one else was going to offer that. Done Deal.

I doubt there is a bunch of players and agents out there, talking about how "high handed" the Washington organization is, and vowing to never work with them again due to the way they handled the Mckissic situation.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:18 AM   #563
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
YES! You can just put Apke back there to blow coverages. He is a 2 mill per type of player. He blows coverages and then whines about it.
McCain >> Apke at safety it's not even close
Old 03-16-2022, 10:20 AM   #564
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
McCain played better in the second half of the season once they moved Landon to be a hybrid LB.

Safety FA market is expensive for the top tier guys, and I think the only one left is the Honey Badger. And he's going to cost a lot of money.

For a lot of the holes this team has, better QB play should be able to compensate for them. And we very likely just had a massive improvement with Wentz.

We also have the draft, and for as much people criticize this FO, they need to start hitting on draft picks.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 10:29 AM   #565
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
That's your version of what happened.

My version: Buffalo offered JDM twice what he is worth and they knew no one else was going to offer that. Done Deal.

I doubt there is a bunch of players and agents out there, talking about how "high handed" the Washington organization is, and vowing to never work with them again due to the way they handled the Mckissic situation.
Yeah, often times the most straight forward answer makes the most sense. I think JD got the money and the team he was looking for, and if the money was going to be similar here, he'd rather go play for a contender. I don't blame him.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:05 AM   #566
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah, often times the most straight forward answer makes the most sense. I think JD got the money and the team he was looking for, and if the money was going to be similar here, he'd rather go play for a contender. I don't blame him.
We bitch about Scherf chasing the money and then we bitch when a guy chases wins, good grief Charlie Brown.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:26 AM   #567
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I don't think anyone was bitching about those things. I think the complaint regarding Scherrf (and it is not just him as many players do it) is the "I want to play here for the rest of my career" bullshit which is meant to get the fans on their side when the clear intention is to go for the biggest contract from whichever team will pay it. If he wants to chase the money good luck to him. I don't think anybody was bitching about JDM either, if he wants to go play for Buffalo good luck to him, I hope he wins a SB with them and few people, here at least, are bitching about the decision not to resign him. My only concern was how our FO s operating. I am not a fan of theirs for multiple reasons.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:57 AM   #568
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We bitch about Scherf chasing the money and then we bitch when a guy chases wins, good grief Charlie Brown.
We bitch, therefore we are
Old 03-16-2022, 12:03 PM   #569
SunnySide
Playmaker

I dont get upset or take personal players or coaches doing player or coach talk.

If a player is still under contract with a team, of course they are going to say "I want to be here". if they say anything to the contrary now they are being a distraction and a negative.

If Scherff had said last offseason "I dont want to be here, I dont like this team but Im under the tag for another year so I will show up when my contract says I have to show up." ... we would blast him.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #570
EdmundDorf
The Starter

John Keim
@john_keim
·
48s
This is accurate. At some point today he'll be released.
Quote Tweet
Bussin' With The Boys 🐺
@BussinWTB
· 5m
Matt Ioannidis is getting released from the Washington Commanders, per source