Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #541
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: What would it take?

House Republican leaders abruptly pull their rewrite of the nation’s health-care law

“So much about political power is about perception. And if the perception is that you can’t get your first big initiative done, then that hurts the perceptions down the road about your ability to get other big things done,” Byrne said in an interview before the decision.

I long for the days when making bills was about doing what's best for the majority of the population, not about perception that you suck at doing your job.

Advertisements
Old 03-24-2017, 04:34 PM   #542
MTK
\m/

What a fail! Sad!
Old 03-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #543
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Obamacare has already failed. Most Insurance companies have left..premiums have risen...we need to come together and find a system that works. Obamacare didn't, this feeble attempt didn't appear as a viable replacement. Hopefully this spurns some ideas to find something better. But let's be honest, Obamacare was a disaster

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #544
MTK
\m/

ACA is still better than the mess Trumpcare would have been. Big time fail on their part. They should have taken their time and come up with a viable solution vs rushing a half assed fix.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:53 PM   #545
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Obamacare has already failed. Most Insurance companies have left..premiums have risen...we need to come together and find a system that works. Obamacare didn't, this feeble attempt didn't appear as a viable replacement. Hopefully this spurns some ideas to find something better. But let's be honest, Obamacare was a disaster
It's far from perfect but it hasn't failed. It's a success for many people.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...d8K/story.html
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:28 AM   #546
MTK
\m/

^ Medicaid expansion was definitely huge, so was covering pre-existing conditions. Yes premiums and deductibles are an issue, but calling the ACA as a whole a disaster is just absurd. Hopefully this idea of repealing/replacing is truly dead. Move on to re-working it.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #547
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ Medicaid expansion was definitely huge, so was covering pre-existing conditions. Yes premiums and deductibles are an issue, but calling the ACA as a whole a disaster is just absurd. Hopefully this idea of repealing/replacing is truly dead. Move on to re-working it.
There's no room for grey, only black and white. It's either good or bad, there's no way it could be good for some people while bad for others.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #548
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

So how's that Obamacare repeal and replace coming along playboi?

The hilarious part in all of it is, he actually blamed the Democrats for it not passing the House.

I told somebody prior that he'd blame the democrats if it doesn't pass.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #549
MTK
\m/

What would it take?

He's all about the blame game. Anyone else getting tired of all this winning? lol
Old 03-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #550
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

There are two main issues with Obamacare. One was the mandate. The second is that it did absolutely nothing to curtail rising healthcare costs.

Obamacare isn't the reason insurance rates are rising. In fact, if you look at premiums, the rates were rising a lot faster (as a percentage) prior to Obamacare. So if anything, Obamacare slowed that down a bit. The only solution to healthcare costs is having a universal healthcare system. Every other civilized country has one. The problem is we have a bunch of greedy assholes that continue to convince their ignorant base that socialized medicine is a bad thing.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:19 PM   #551
MTK
\m/

^ Word, Medicare for all, need to make it happen
Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #552
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
There are two main issues with Obamacare. One was the mandate. The second is that it did absolutely nothing to curtail rising healthcare costs.

Obamacare isn't the reason insurance rates are rising. In fact, if you look at premiums, the rates were rising a lot faster (as a percentage) prior to Obamacare. So if anything, Obamacare slowed that down a bit. The only solution to healthcare costs is having a universal healthcare system. Every other civilized country has one. The problem is we have a bunch of greedy assholes that continue to convince their ignorant base that socialized medicine is a bad thing.

I do not disagree with you on any of this.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:06 AM   #553
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ Word, Medicare for all, need to make it happen
Yup. Getting tired of the "we can't do the Canadian system because our population is much bigger" argument. The population is only going to expand from here, at least until global warming trims it 50-100 years down the road (hypothetically). So what if we have a bigger population? Find a solution that works. Somebody will get screwed in the end, if it were up to me it would be these companies that put insane markups on healthcare tech and related products. They need to be regulated. And somebody needs to do something about these companies that buy patents then jack the price up 5000%. Savvy? Yes. Literally killing people because they can't afford medication they need? Also yes.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #554
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Total side note: I see Trump won't be throwing the first pitch. What I wouldn't GIVE to see that happen!!

It would be the most pansy thing you've ever seen.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #555
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Total side note: I see Trump won't be throwing the first pitch. What I wouldn't GIVE to see that happen!!

It would be the most pansy thing you've ever seen.

A President punking out on throwing the first pitch to the season? That's about as anti-American as it gets. Seriously lame.