Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #526
dmek25
MVP

Re: What would it take?

i guess none of the seniors really need meals on wheels any way, huh chico?

Advertisements
Old 03-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #527
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i guess none of the seniors really need meals on wheels any way, huh chico?
I've actually have volunteered with an org that works with them a couple times. It's impactful. It's funded a lot with The Department of Housing and Urban Development program called Community Development Block Grants. I believe these blocks are given to states to divide among programs as the see fit.

I think they are trying to do away with this type of funding, but not the program. Certain effective programs would be funded by other means. The problem with these blocks are the states aren't using them effectively and waste has developed. I don't want get into the whole poverty pimps type language...but some of that is going on.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #528
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

A couple of points, I said it earlier as well. There is only so much outrage to go around so if you threaten
Meals on Wheels
Energy assistance
National Endowment for the arts

you will end up finally getting rid of the Nat End for the arts while still subsidizing meals on wheels and energy assistance.

If you only threaten Nat. End for the arts, all the outrage will go against subsidizing the poor starving artists.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #529
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
A couple of points, I said it earlier as well. There is only so much outrage to go around so if you threaten
Meals on Wheels
Energy assistance
National Endowment for the arts

you will end up finally getting rid of the Nat End for the arts while still subsidizing meals on wheels and energy assistance.

If you only threaten Nat. End for the arts, all the outrage will go against subsidizing the poor starving artists.
It's brilliant, I do the same thing with craigslist. Your initial asking price is high because you know people will settle for the original price you already wanted.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #530
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Gonna assume with a 54 bil jump in the military budget they don't think waste is a big priority in the military. Otherwise why push the budget up, when you could do some accounting and eliminate waste?

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume nobody here is affected by any of these programs in any way.

Here is an Idea, get rid of "privet contractors" in the Military,they do our work and don't have to answer to a soul for twice the money!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #531
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
One thing we have to remember, private business have to answer to their shareholders, stakeholders, etc for earnings. Numbers are scrutinized...innovation is ongoing, inefficiencies are examined, etc.

The federal government doesn't answer to anybody...and it's out of fucking control. Why is fairfax, Montgomery, loudon counties all the most wealthiest counties in the country? That fuckin teat.

Chico ,pretty sure no one is against "fiscal responsibility"and it's not a partisan issue.I am all for being more frugal and better accounting in the federal goverment.
But it can be done without getting rid of programs and putting thousands of Employees out of work.You talk of privet business take a page from their book,becoming efficient does always mean downsizing,it means making your employees more productive. I know it can be done becuase I was part of doing just that and keeping warehouse's open instead of outsourced,we became cost effective!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #532
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Welp, I think small hands owes obama an apology and I'm officially in the impeachment-could-happen crowd

He Gets Us
Old 03-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #533
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Welp, I think small hands owes obama an apology and I'm officially in the impeachment-could-happen crowd
Welcome aboard Chico, but if you want to abandon all hope look who the backup President is. He might be more polished but he is every bit the nutjob in his own right.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #534
MTK
\m/

This is such a glorious shit show
Old 03-21-2017, 11:18 AM   #535
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

It's a shit show. Not sure its glorious.

BTW - Pence is on deck.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:39 AM   #536
MTK
\m/

What would it take?

AP: Paul Manafort Covertly Worked to "Greatly Benefit" Putin's Interests | Mother Jones

Last edited by MTK; 03-22-2017 at 10:02 AM.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #537
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

"Hey man if Trump wants to get a little fuckee-suckee action between the US-Russia going, I don't have a problem with that. At least he's trying."
Old 03-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #538
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

What Does It Mean That Trump May Have Been 'Incidentally' Surveilled? - NBC News

welp...looks like things are a changing.

"incidentally surveilled" sounds a lot like "alternative facts"...if you are incidentally surveiled...isn't that the samething as "surveiled"? Yes, yes it is.

He Gets Us
Old 03-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #539
MTK
\m/

I think the difference between being the subject of surveillance and being incidentally surveilled is pretty clear. All comes down to intent.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #540
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
What Does It Mean That Trump May Have Been 'Incidentally' Surveilled? - NBC News

welp...looks like things are a changing.

"incidentally surveilled" sounds a lot like "alternative facts"...if you are incidentally surveiled...isn't that the samething as "surveiled"? Yes, yes it is.
Just curious, would you be ok if the chief of police drove down to your local drug dealer's house and told him he was under investigation? Because that's what Nunes did for Trump. Regardless of whether you think the investigation is legit, if you even have associates that are involved in illegal activities and you continue to associate with them there's a good chance the police might look in your house too.

Also, I seriously hope you're not gonna respond by saying none of Trump's associates could possibly be involved with anything illegal. A. Because unless you're in his inner circle that's impossible to prove or disprove. B. Because if Russian businessmen (that Trump knows) are operating illegal gambling/money laundering rings 3 floors beneath Trump's penthouse it stands to reason they might look into it.