Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-15-2022, 12:57 PM   #511
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Losing JDM Sucks but that injury he had was no joke.. I'm sure that played into it

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2022, 01:06 PM   #512
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Starting to really wonder what the strategy is. We don't have a ton of great backs and McKissic made our offense much better. So far other than getting Wentz, we no longer have Collins, Scherff, Settle, and now McKissic. People can spin it any way they want but are all notables losses.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #513
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I like JDM a lot, and he produced well here - had some big plays/games. That said, his production is replaceable. He was TH's security blanket on passing downs since he can't really get the ball down the field. With Carson, that is not an issue and I see the offense morphing to his strengths which makes bringing back JDM less important, especially at a premium. Gibson can catch the ball out of the backfield, as can Patterson, and we will probably see less of that anyway.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:09 PM   #514
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I like JDM a lot, and he produced well here - had some big plays/games. That said, his production is replaceable. He was TH's security blanket on passing downs since he can't really get the ball down the field. With Carson, that is not an issue and I see the offense morphing to his strengths which makes bringing back JDM less important, especially at a premium. Gibson can catch the ball out of the backfield, as can Patterson, and we will probably see less of that anyway.
They must think highly of Patterson and his long term prospects here. Hope they are right for sure.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #515
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
Starting to really wonder what the strategy is. We don't have a ton of great backs and McKissic made our offense much better. So far other than getting Wentz, we no longer have Collins, Scherff, Settle, and now McKissic. People can spin it any way they want but are all notables losses.
Scherff and Settle were known losses. Collins was gone if he didn't restructure. JDM played well enough to sign for more elsewhere. I don't see any of these losses as a surprise, or detrimental to the team's success. We have a significant upgrade at the most important position, and it's literally day two of free agency.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:14 PM   #516
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Scherff and Settle were known losses. Collins was gone if he didn't restructure. JDM played well enough to sign for more elsewhere. I don't see any of these losses as a surprise, or detrimental to the team's success. We have a significant upgrade at the most important position, and it's literally day two of free agency.
They are all detrimental to the team's success in some form by losing them. Scherff is an All Pro guard and our oline clearly was worse when he was gone. Collins provided good run support although not quite as upset about him being gone. Settle I figured would be leaving but guy still had talent just to many guys on the dline already. Offense was much better with McKissic. Good runner/receiver who seemed to open things up. Will see the final team as I know we're getting started, but all these guys did bring some value to us.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:19 PM   #517
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I didn't say they didn't bring value, just that their signing elsewhere isn't a detriment to this team. They can be replaced. If you asked me 10 days ago if I'd rather have a legit starting QB, or retain Settle, Scherff, Collins, and Mckissic - it's a no brainer. Give me the QB.

We're about 24 hours into free agency. There is plenty that can and will be done before it's over.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:23 PM   #518
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Washington so far has lost:

- Brandon Scherff
- Tim Settle
- JD McKissic
Old 03-15-2022, 01:24 PM   #519
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Yes, but we've signed Apke......
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:27 PM   #520
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
I didn't say they didn't bring value, just that their signing elsewhere isn't a detriment to this team. They can be replaced. If you asked me 10 days ago if I'd rather have a legit starting QB, or retain Settle, Scherff, Collins, and Mckissic - it's a no brainer. Give me the QB.

We're about 24 hours into free agency. There is plenty that can and will be done before it's over.
I also want the qb. Again, I am saying these losses make us less talented overall which is a detriment to our team currently. I will be patient and see the final results.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:31 PM   #521
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

If we roll into the season with the current roster - I'll give you detrimental. Right now, it's just dudes taking more money than this franchise believes they are worth to the team they are trying to build.

I'll reserve judgment for when free agency and the draft are over. It's just so early to be too critical.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:35 PM   #522
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Nicki Jhabvala
@NickiJhabvala
Was told Washington did not make an offer to try to keep McKissic.

Interesting, I thought JDM was our first priority. Is our FO just trying to be too cute? ie "get back to us when you receive an offer and we can talk" That attitude can make people think they are not wanted
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:36 PM   #523
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Maybe he did get back to them and they decided not to match or beat the offer - hence they did not make an offer.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:37 PM   #524
MTK
\m/

Wentz isn't known for dumping it off to the backs very much, plus coming off the neck injury I guess we decided we can move on and replace him with either Patterson or perhaps in the draft.
Old 03-15-2022, 01:48 PM   #525
SunnySide
Playmaker

Deandre Carter -- Id like to sign him to a 1 year less than 2 M contract. WR5/6 has to play special teams, Carter was second in KO return yards, one of only 8 players with a KO return TD.

Adam Humphries - like to sign him to a 1 year less than 2M contract. Wasnt featured like I thought he would be this year but I do think QB play played into that as he would probably be the 3rd look on any given play unless the play was specifically designed for him.

I think Humphries can contribute more if he is targeted more.

Cam Sims - like to sign him to a 1 year less than 2M contract.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote