Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Good News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 12-08-2022, 07:28 PM   #481
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Good News Thread

Any American that goes to Russia for any other reason than the government sent you there, no longer gets saved.

DON'T FUCKING GO TO RUSSIA!

That should be the lesson for everyone from Griner's situation. Anyone that still stays or goes there is taking an unnecessary risk.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2022, 08:34 PM   #482
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You're harping on that Marine aspect, but he wasn't over there as a Marine. He was director of global security and investigations for BorgWarner at the time of his arrest. He's also 52 years old, and should've been smart enough to know (along with Griner) that the Russians literally spy (and occasionally arrest) any American stupid enough to travel to the country.
Yeah I get it, if you are a celebrity with the right identity who has the right friends, you spend 4 months in prison in Russia and traded for one of the worse people in the last half century.

In your world of justice Mooby, this adds up how?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 08:46 PM   #483
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah I get it, if you are a celebrity with the right identity who has the right friends, you spend 4 months in prison in Russia and traded for one of the worse people in the last half century.

In your world of justice Mooby, this adds up how?
It doesn't add up - but we are in a weak negotiating position. If the Russians said Whelan was off the table than he was off the table. I don't even know if he was off the table - because I wasn't there. But neither were you .

Also not sure if this is true or not - but if it is I'm gonna enjoy laughing at you for jumping the gun yet again.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...06747019530241

Also the dealer of death thing is cute - America has the biggest hard-on for gun ownership in the world yet somehow all the people who take advantage of every loophole in our shitty gun laws to send arms to cartels or gangbangers in the US are somehow better than this guy? Gotta be honest I'm pretty surprised in you - I thought conservatives were fans of enterprising businessmen?
Old 12-08-2022, 09:02 PM   #484
MTK
\m/

All boils down to this, put the politics aside for a second, an American citizen that was jailed in Russia under very weak circumstances is free.

You really can’t get behind that?

Just try to be a human for a second and think about what her family has gone through.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:50 PM   #485
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
All boils down to this, put the politics aside for a second, an American citizen that was jailed in Russia under very weak circumstances is free.

Just try to be a human for a second and think about what her family has gone through.
I'm actually OK with this trade myself. I'm surprised how OK I am with it to be honest. She made a stupid decision, but an absolutely unharmful one.

But this isn't "politics" like we're arguing the top marginal tax rate or something.

Russia is an enemy of the world right now and the guy that got released is an evil motherfucker. How many thousands of families has this guy ruined? How many thousands are devastated by this trade?

What you're asking for is a complete over-simplification of the issue. I think it's definitely a reasonable position to not be OK with this.
Old 12-08-2022, 10:16 PM   #486
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I’m glad she is home and her charge was bullshit.

I remember the previous administration had 50 some people released across the world and never capitulated like a bunch of fucking spineless cowards like the Biden administration. Much like the Obama administration.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 10:38 PM   #487
MTK
\m/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2022, 09:27 AM   #488
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

It is okay to be disappointed that we didn't Whelan free, it is also okay to feel that Bout was too high a price to pay. Putin is highly irrational so fair negotiations are off the table.

Personally I think our admin should call Park Police and next time Ovie is on federal la nd driving above the speed limit or running a yellow arrest him and give him some absurd sentence that ends when his current contract is up. Call Putin and tell him his buddy will never break Greztky's record and there will never be a Russian NHL goal leader unless we get Whelan back. The only way to beat crazy is to out crazy.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:33 AM   #489
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
It is okay to be disappointed that we didn't Whelan free, it is also okay to feel that Bout was too high a price to pay. Putin is highly irrational so fair negotiations are off the table.

Personally I think our admin should call Park Police and next time Ovie is on federal la nd driving above the speed limit or running a yellow arrest him and give him some absurd sentence that ends when his current contract is up. Call Putin and tell him his buddy will never break Greztky's record and there will never be a Russian NHL goal leader unless we get Whelan back. The only way to beat crazy is to out crazy.
Lol. Now that's thinking outside the box.

Old 12-09-2022, 11:57 AM   #490
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yet the Marine sits there entering year 4

Loser deal from a loser President
as liberal as i am i have to agree

the funniest part of all this is i pictured in my mind jim hopper and brit working on the same railroad together in the snow.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:11 PM   #491
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

sure i agree with you but what about the other Americans locked up longer then her and their families? how do they feel today

Or all the lives and families that Victor Bout has ruined, how do they feel today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOD3sDHoBi8

i guess those families are not trying enough to be a human.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:10 PM   #492
MTK
\m/

Life isn’t perfect or fair, what else is there to say

Take the small victories when you can
Old 12-09-2022, 01:20 PM   #493
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Life isn’t perfect or fair, what else is there to say

Take the small victories when you can
Yeah man I hear 100%

Can’t wait for the WNBA season to start so I can get my Brittney on.

Barf
Old 02-10-2023, 06:27 PM   #494
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Not a Walmart Fan but glad someone is fighting back!

Walmart pushes back as major product suppliers ask for higher prices

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/w...140939470.html

For the world's biggest retailer, which reports earnings Feb. 21, any increase in prices --- even by just a few cents -- can have negative effects, prompting some shoppers to look for bargains at dollar stores or warehouse chains such Costco.

Walmart, which touts its "Everyday Low Price" policy, raised prices last year on milk, frozen meals and Tide detergent, to name a few, as its suppliers battled soaring costs of everything from chemicals to wheat and fuel.

But now with the cost of cardboard cases declining by 40-50%, the cost of transportation falling by 25-30% and the cost of raw materials declining significantly, "retailers like Walmart will say 'hey you already had three rounds of price hikes last year, why are you giving us another?'" said Burt Flickinger, managing director at retail consulting firm Strategic Resource Group
(Walmart) said to us, 'From here, our consumer is challenged, we're going to be looking out for consumers, so you're going to have to have really good reasons if you're going to price up from here," Little said in an interview.

"Because the consumer is now under more pressure, and Walmart is under pressure, that sets up a dynamic where there's probably not a lot of pricing going forward."
Old 02-28-2023, 04:30 PM   #495
MTK
\m/

Dave Grohl Cooked BBQ for 500 People at LA Homeless Shelter