Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-08-2021, 08:11 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
The guy who we cannot mention by name because he is suddenly irrelevant (yeah sure) spent 2 T on tax cuts for the super rich but there is outrage on a possible 2T bill that would actually benefit all Americans. Laughable.
Unless you are a multi millionaire and you stand behind today’s GOP you might as well just wake up every day, punch yourself in the face repeatedly, and go back to sleep.
+1,nice post!
Old 07-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #2
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
The guy who we cannot mention by name because he is suddenly irrelevant (yeah sure) spent 2 T on tax cuts for the super rich but there is outrage on a possible 2T bill that would actually benefit all Americans. Laughable.
Unless you are a multi millionaire and you stand behind today’s GOP you might as well just wake up every day, punch yourself in the face repeatedly, and go back to sleep.
If the proposal was 3t then your post would say spent 3T on tax cuts, if it was 10T then your post would say 10t on tax cuts. Your playing games here with the facts - It was 1.5t in tax cuts. Oh and tax cuts aren't spending and never have been. Tax cuts are going to be off set with increased revenue receipts, spending isn't. As is usually the case the 2017 tax cuts exceeded CBO projections on tax receipts (ie the actual cost was lower than projected thru 2019) and underperformed Republican projections on them. Oh and when if comes to CBO projections on spending effects the actual costs usually exceed their projections (Their assessment of Obamacare being a perfect example of this).

Spending is the issue that never seems to be addressed. BTW Trump was just as bad as a Dem when it came to spending (Guess because in my book he really is a Dem at heart). Spending has it's place but spending like the Greeks recently did doesn't and will lead to disaster.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:36 AM   #3
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
If the proposal was 3t then your post would say spent 3T on tax cuts, if it was 10T then your post would say 10t on tax cuts. Your playing games here with the facts - It was 1.5t in tax cuts. Oh and tax cuts aren't spending and never have been. Tax cuts are going to be off set with increased revenue receipts, spending isn't. As is usually the case the 2017 tax cuts exceeded CBO projections on tax receipts (ie the actual cost was lower than projected thru 2019) and underperformed Republican projections on them. Oh and when if comes to CBO projections on spending effects the actual costs usually exceed their projections (Their assessment of Obamacare being a perfect example of this).

Spending is the issue that never seems to be addressed. BTW Trump was just as bad as a Dem when it came to spending (Guess because in my book he really is a Dem at heart). Spending has it's place but spending like the Greeks recently did doesn't and will lead to disaster.

This times 100. This is why I finally gave up and left the republican party. I thought maybe someone that wasn't a lifetime politician would come in and reduce spending. But nope, Trump spent like a drunk sailor too. Of course counting on a guy with approximately 1012 bankruptcy filings was probably nothing more than wishful thinking, at best, on my part.

It's just spend, spend, spend, spend, yearly deficits, yearly deficits, yearly deficits, increased debt, increased debt, increased debt, increased debt.

It's a fucking joke. The democrats answer is never to decrease spending, it's always to increase taxes. Other people's money is not yours or the governments, its theirs. If they have more than you, that doesn't make it yours or the governments money, it's still all theirs. Stop acting like tax cuts is stealing from you personally. It's a hater mentality in my expressed written opinion.

Note - I make $57,200/year, aka poor in California, so rich people getting tax cuts, isn't something that benefits me directly. I just don't support high taxes on anyone, don't care what your income is. It's legalized theft. You want to talk about a grift. Especially when it's used to fund unlimited government spending.

If I was President, we would all get tax cuts, and lower class/poor Americans wouldn't pay any federal taxes.

Republicans talk about spending cuts, but never ever actually try for them. So they are full of shit. It's just tax cuts and blame democrats. Never any real proposals they put out there that they all get behind to push for real spending cuts.

So it's just the same ole same old. And they all get reelected forever for doing nothing, and eventually can even become president.

Pass a balanced budget you assholes. Just try it once and see how it feels. Kinda like just the tip.

Also, shame on Republicans for not proposing any bills for term limits. This should be done time after time after time. But nope, they are in it for themselves.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 07-08-2021 at 12:43 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:21 AM   #4
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post

It was 1.9 , or 2 so no, im not playing games with the facts but ill let you and SD get back to your little thing you got going on.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
It was 1.9 , or 2 so no, im not playing games with the facts but ill let you and SD get back to your little thing you got going on.
THANKS PUNCH!!!

Apparently this is me and Nonniey because I responded to his comment once.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
THANKS PUNCH!!!

Apparently this is me and Nonniey because I responded to his comment once.

Lol

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:05 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Watch this sad clip…he is confused and pulls out notes and can’t even answer basic questions. I honestly feel sorry for the guy

This is your “adults back in the White House”

Pathetic…everyone agree this is dementia or he is going through some cognitive decline?

He Gets Us
Old 07-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Watch this sad clip…he is confused and pulls out notes and can’t even answer basic questions. I honestly feel sorry for the guy

Pathetic…everyone agree this is dementia or he is going through some cognitive decline?
Idk, is cognitive decline something people experience in their 80's?

You aren't gonna get the response you want on this because expecting an 80 year old man to be the image of perfect health is unreasonable. We elected him because the alternative was a skid mark on american history. I ain't sweating it until he starts getting spoon fed baby food.
Old 07-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #9
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Keep grasping for straws buddy. Injecting bleach, nuking hurricanes, making fun of the handicapped, making fun of POW’s, airports in the civil war, yes adults are back in the WH brother. Next 7 years is going to be so much fun.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.reddit.com/r/ParlerWatch...eb2x&context=3

Love seeing an inside look at the GOP strategy for the next year and a half. Cause as much disruption as possible then talk about how Dems don't get shit done. Classic.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:31 AM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/ParlerWatch...eb2x&context=3

Love seeing an inside look at the GOP strategy for the next year and a half. Cause as much disruption as possible then talk about how Dems don't get shit done. Classic.
You understand the Democratic strategy with trump coming into to office was to make up a phony narrative about Russian collusion based on opposition research group dishonest/zero facts Steele dossier that lead to an illegal surveillance warrant in which the FBI lawyer altered a document and was sent to jail in order to delegitimization Trump election as President.

Have any of your Reddit folks talked about those facts…or you just tuned into the conspiracy theories based on “parler watch”

Look, the GOP and the administration have gotten together to pass some legislation and bills in the first 6 months. Infrastructure bill was agreed to by the GOP until Biden/progressives fucked it all up…that’s on them. There is some progress being made

He Gets Us
Old 07-08-2021, 09:50 AM   #12
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
You understand the Democratic strategy with trump coming into to office was to make up a phony narrative about Russian collusion based on opposition research group dishonest/zero facts Steele dossier that lead to an illegal surveillance warrant in which the FBI lawyer altered a document and was sent to jail in order to delegitimization Trump election as President.

Have any of your Reddit folks talked about those facts…or you just tuned into the conspiracy theories based on “parler watch”

Look, the GOP and the administration have gotten together to pass some legislation and bills in the first 6 months. Infrastructure bill was agreed to by the GOP until Biden/progressives fucked it all up…that’s on them. There is some progress being made
Trump has no one to blame for the collusion witch hunt but himself. You cannot go onto national tv and ask Russia to hack into your opponents server and release the emails. You also can't receive reports from the CIA an organization designed to protect us from foreign threats documenting Russian interference then support Putin despite what the reports say. Those things are going to make the most trivial interactions look suspicious.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:08 PM   #13
SunnySide
Playmaker

The 2T transportation bill would not increase any personal income tax and "the revenue generated from the bill would pay for itself in 15 years".

I quoted the "pay for itself" part bc I just dont believe that. Not when Trump said it re his tax cuts and not now when Biden says it re this bill.

----------------------

One good thing about trying to pass bills through reconciliation .. .it cant be over 1.5T and cant have any "debt" after 10 years. If my understanding is correct.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:09 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

SD I'm just gonna drop these here.

Republicans only preach fiscal responsibility when Dems are in power. Frankly, the hypocrisy means I can only care to an extent about the rising deficit because the alternative is everything gets cut and Dems lose power in the next election because they didn't do shit.

I don't care what the number is (I think we can all agree it won't be 6t) as long as an infrastructure bill gets passed. The alternative is our crumbling infrastructure gets worse and we have to spend more on emergency repairs.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #15
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
SD I'm just gonna drop these here.

Republicans only preach fiscal responsibility when Dems are in power.
Frankly, the hypocrisy means I can only care to an extent about the rising deficit because the alternative is everything gets cut and Dems lose power in the next election because they didn't do shit.

I don't care what the number is (I think we can all agree it won't be 6t) as long as an infrastructure bill gets passed. The alternative is our crumbling infrastructure gets worse and we have to spend more on emergency repairs.
I don't disagree with you. I think my above post reflects that. If I wasn't clear enough that they are full of shit on spending, REPUBLICANS ARE FULL OF SHIT ON SPENDING!

I wasn't just discussing this transportation bill specifically, moreso of spending in general in at minimum, my adult life (I'm 38). Although this bill reads more like a green new deal with some infrastructure money added in so it will get votes, and if you don't agree with the bill, you hate America's roads.

I'm all for spending money on freeways, roads, and bridges. Internet too. As Sunny pointed out, this bill spends more on boosting the electric vehicle market than it does on roads. Maybe fix the roads 1st before worrying about what is driving on them.

Give me a 2 trillion bill like this:

1.25 trillion to repair and rebuild bridges, highways and roads;
.25 trillion to expand high-speed broadband across the entire country;
.25 trillion to expand and improve power lines and spur a shift to clean energy; and
.25 trillion to reconnect urban neighborhoods cut off, bulldozed and blighted by highways planned and built with little to no regard for the people who lived along their routes.

And I'd be way more supportive.

Really I think you can cut it down to 1.5 trillion or less by pro-rating each of above accordingly.